Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2023, 07:28   #16
BANNED

Re: Tata Nexon : Tyre & Wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Doesn't Nexon EV Max have 5 lug nuts?
The rear wheel stub axle and hub carrier is different as it has rear disc brakes.
Yes, you are correct that is why I had mentioned 5H in my initial post. Can you explain what you meant by the ‘stub axle and hub carrier is different’ - anything that should be kept in mind while upgrading alloys?

Would you know what is the offset or how it can be found?
Old 30th November 2023, 14:10   #17

All terrain tyres for Tata Nexon

Need advice regarding good AT tyres for Tata Nexon, mostly for safe driving on rainy, snowy narrow mountain roads apart from normal city - highway driving.

Will top those up with snowchains if required.

On YouTube saw a few installations but those tend to have friction with the vehicle body.

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th November 2023 at 16:03. Reason: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread. Thanks.
Old 2nd June 2024, 21:45   #18

I would not recommend AT tyres for Nexon, as the entire suspension setup is tuned for tarmac and comfort. Adding block tread based AT tyres will degrade suspension softness and leads to increased road noise as well.

If you want tough tires, then go for Yokohama Earth1. Excellent tyre for both wet and dry surface tarmac. Will also perform great in light off-road scenarios. I have driven these tyres for almost 1.6 lac km on 2 different hatchbacks. Offroad trip include 3 trips for Chanshal pass and there is absolutely no cut or bulges. Each set lasted for 80k kms.

Can anyone help with offset for Nexon OEM 16 inch alloys 16x6.5J (XZA or Fearless variants)?? Need details to calculate safe values for upgrade. Thanks in advance.
Old 13th June 2024, 01:00   #19
BHPian

Hello All,

My trusty steed Tata Nexon XM with it's stock Goodyear assurance 195/60 R16 tyres has completed about 4years and 38k kilometers and in need of new set of shoes.

My initial plan was to use the 195/60 itself and do 5 wheel rotations to completely utilize all the tyres. But, after about 2 rotations, the service center threw a wrench in the plan. They said apparently I have run more Kms in that interval and that rotating the spare would result in uneven wear across tyres and it is not recommended.

So, I decided I will keep the stock steel rims and upsize to 215/60 of the top model once the current set runs out. And that time has come.

I didn't have a question about compatibility as the Nexon XMA in 2019 was shod with 215/60 and had steel rims. But now on further research, according to some sources, It seems that the maximum recommended tyre width on the 6j steel rims is 205.
  1. Understanding Alloy Wheels (width, PCD, offset etc.)

Tata Nexon : Tyre & Wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20240613-001009.png
  2. Tyre size and rim size correlation table

Tata Nexon : Tyre & Wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20240613-001129.png
  3. Also It seems in the newer Nexons, the XMA variant with steel rims also has 195/60 tyres. It is not known if this is done as part of cost cutting or compatibility issues.

Tata Nexon : Tyre & Wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20240613-001505.png
But some websites do recommend 6J wheel as minimum for 215/60R16
  1. tiresize.com 215-60R16

Name:  Screenshot 20240613 001818.png
Views: 61
Size:  85.9 KB
  2. TIRE SIZE GUIDE - WHEEL WIDTH MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM

Tata Nexon : Tyre & Wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20240613-002046.png
I would really love to upgrade to 215/60R16 on the existing steel wheels and appreciate the better ride and handling from the wider tread and sidewall. But only if it's safe to do so. Unfortunately, Upgrading to alloys with wider rim is not an option.

I'm cautious of the recommendations from tire shops as they may be essentially biased and may try to push the 215/60.
So I'm hoping to confirm from experienced members on the forum who are well versed with the physics behind tyre and rim sizes if it's okay to upsize to full option tyres(215/60R16) with the stock steel wheels (16x6J).

Thanks.
Old 16th June 2024, 17:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
I would really love to upgrade to 215/60R16 on the existing steel wheels and appreciate the better ride and handling from the wider tread and sidewall. But only if it's safe to do so. Unfortunately, Upgrading to alloys with wider rim is not an option.

I'm cautious of the recommendations from tire shops as they may be essentially biased and may try to push the 215/60.
So I'm hoping to confirm from experienced members on the forum who are well versed with the physics behind tyre and rim sizes if it's okay to upsize to full option tyres(215/60R16) with the stock steel wheels (16x6J).

Thanks.
So, I ended up upsizing to 205/60 R16 as per recommendation from tyre shop. Chose Continental UC6 tyres, let's see how different they are from the OEM ones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks