Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 11:14   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The big daddy of performance tyres is now here!

Michelin have officially launched the PS4 in India in a few sizes in 17". They also say that in the future, some more sizes in 18" will be announced.

These are some pictures I took last week.
Nikhil, any idea of the 205/50/16 price? Going by the 17" pricing, it will not be exorbitant compared to the similar P3ST, I assume.

Also, do let us know of any other sizes in 16", especially in the 205/55 profile as well as corresponding upsizes such as 215/50 & 225/50.
Old 3rd July 2017, 17:36   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Nikhil, any idea of the 205/50/16 price? Going by the 17" pricing, it will not be exorbitant compared to the similar P3ST, I assume.

Also, do let us know of any other sizes in 16", especially in the 205/55 profile as well as corresponding upsizes such as 215/50 & 225/50.
It will be coming only in 205/50-16. Other sizes are already avaulable with P3ST or PS3 already. Pricing, no idea. I would expect around 10-11k.... lower profiles are generally more expensive.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 15:55   #18
BHPian

Michelin PS4 205/55 R16 - Not in India though

Picked up a set of PS4 in 205/55 R16 for my Alfa here in Netherlands. Excellent set of tyres. These ones were made in Spain. One of those rare tyre models in the size with a 94 load rating and Y speed rating.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-img_20170808_165853.jpg
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-img_20170808_165844.jpg
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-img_20170808_165826.jpg
avinash_clt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 17:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres launched in India

Michelin has launched their Pilot Sport 4 tyres in India. These are developed in partnership with some of the world's leading car makers for premium and high-performance sports cars. Michelin claims, the tyre's ultra-responsive tread pattern is a result of innovations in Formula E. In India, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 will be available in 8 different sizes ranging from 16-inch to 18-inch in diameter.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-pilot-sport-4-tyre-2.jpg

The tyre is constructed using hybrid aramid and nylon reinforcement with a lightweight, high density and tension-resistant fibre which is said to improve the high-speed performance. It features a strong casing which forms the skeleton of the tyre. The asymmetric design is claimed to minimise road noise.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-pilot-sport-4-tyre-1.jpg

The Michelin Pilot Sport 4 features velvet like appearance on the sidewall that enhances the graphics and letters on the tyres. Michelin claims that the wheel rim protector prevents kerb damage to the sidewall and rims. A new homogeneous tread compound is said to improve load distribution, grip and braking performance on dry surfaces, while wide and deep longitudinal grooves improve wet weather performance.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-pilot-sport-4-tyre.jpg
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 officially launched in India!-image001.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 6th September 2017 at 18:03.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 18:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres launched in India

I don't understand why tyre manufacturers don't get 19inch. There are probably more 19inch riding cars than 18inch these days. Most of the luxury sedans like the 7(Msport) and S class(S400,Maybach S500) ride on 19 inchers so do most sport cars.
The choices are so limited in 19inchers that one has no choice but to opt for grey market imports like I did by getting the Dunlop Sport Max tyres.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 19:06   #21
BHPian

Ohh.. this looks like a juicy swap for the Hankooks on my (hopefully) soon-to-arrive Octavia RS.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 22:52   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Ohh.. this looks like a juicy swap for the Hankooks on my (hopefully) soon-to-arrive Octavia RS.
The difference will be minimal. I suggest you dont waste money on this. The Hankooks are very capable tyres. If you're buying a set of brand new tyres as a replacement for worn out tyres, the Michelin PS4 is the right choice. But to throw away very good Hankooks for the slightly better PS4 may not be worth it.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 09:51   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
245/40 ZR18 - 24,050/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Pricing for the 18s seems high!
I agree with Sahil that the 18" prices are on the higher side. I got similarly sized Runflats (245/45) for the same price. Any reason for that? Runflats usually carry a higher premium.

Of course, given a choice, I'd any which day pick these over runflats . Haven't yet tried out the Pilot Sport 4s, but the earlier generations I've used (in particular PS3) were the best rubber I've ever owned.

Last edited by GTO : 7th September 2017 at 09:52.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 13:42   #24
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I agree with Sahil that the 18" prices are on the higher side.
I'm getting the PS4's for 20k per tyre for the CLA in 235/40 R18 size. That is costly but these are with bill and warranty unlike the grey market imports.
I want to get the Michelins, they're the newest performance tyres on the market but I'm now leaning towards the Dunlops as they're exactly half the price and my CLA eats away the front tyres like crazy and they last only for 10k kms.

Quote:
The choices are so limited in 19inchers that one has no choice but to opt for grey market imports like I did by getting the Dunlop Sport Max tyres.
Are you using the Sport Maxx tyres for the RS5 or S350? I'm planning to get these for my CLA and would like to know how the tyres are to live with for a daily drive, hope they aren't too noisy.
Old 7th September 2017, 13:58   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post

Are you using the Sport Maxx tyres for the RS5 or S350? I'm planning to get these for my CLA and would like to know how the tyres are to live with for a daily drive, hope they aren't too noisy.
I have them on the S350. They are decent. I have had a few sidewall damages due to kerb hits at low speeds, they are a bit delicate. I replaced the damaged ones with the newer 050 versions and went with a higher load index, hopefully they are stronger now.

The RS5 rides of Michelin Pilot Sports and since this is driven by me pretty much exclusively there has never been any kerb hits hence no way to judge if they are less delicate.

If price difference is not much, go for Michelins. In my case I had no choice but to go for Dunlops as I have a staggered setup and these are the only brand available in the sizes. I could have gone for different brands back and front but didn't want to and price ways those were priced nearly double too. Would make sense to pay more if I got them all around.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 14:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
The difference will be minimal. I suggest you dont waste money on this. The Hankooks are very capable tyres. If you're buying a set of brand new tyres as a replacement for worn out tyres, the Michelin PS4 is the right choice. But to throw away very good Hankooks for the slightly better PS4 may not be worth it.
As you say! You're the expert!
Old 7th September 2017, 18:34   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand why tyre manufacturers don't get 19inch. There are probably more 19inch riding cars than 18inch these days. Most of the luxury sedans like the 7(Msport) and S class(S400,Maybach S500) ride on 19 inchers so do most sport cars.
Sizes 18" to 20" are available in the "Pilot Sport 4S" variant (replacement for Pilot Super Sport) which is the extreme summer performance tire and supposed to be even better than the "Pilot Sport 4" (replacement for Pilot Sport 3). Not sure if the Pilot Sport 4S had been launched in India officially yet but that is why Michelin doesn't make 19" in Pilot Sport 4, customers on 19" rims are obviously more sport focused and will probably pay up for the best instead of the second best. At the end of the day, Michelin has a bigger customer base for tires under 18" in India so I'm assuming they launched those sizes at a priority and will bring in bigger sizes at their own leisure.

If you're already taking the trouble of getting imported tires, why not just import the Pilot Sport 4S?
Old 7th September 2017, 22:42   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalajprakash View Post
, customers on 19" rims are obviously more sport focused and will probably pay up for the best instead of the second best.

If you're already taking the trouble of getting imported tires, why not just import the Pilot Sport 4S?
The 7,S,Maybach,XJ customers aren't looking for just sport focused tyres. Comfort is equal or more important in most cases.

I did not import the dunlops. They are available as grey market import with most tyre dealers in Bombay.
The cost of importing the Michelin's would be triple
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 16:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It will be coming only in 205/50-16. Other sizes are already avaulable with P3ST or PS3 already. Pricing, no idea. I would expect around 10-11k.... lower profiles are generally more expensive.
A long awaited size; be it in Michelin or any other brand as before we were at the mercy of the Yokohama S-Drives. Just ordered a set of 205/50/R16 for my Polo which I will be upgrading to 16" rims. I have been quoted Rs. 8.5k per tire. Installing them on Sunday.

These will be replacing my current 205/55/R15 Continental MC5 tires on stock rims.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 18:21   #30
BHPian

Thanks for the advices in this thread. Got my X1 new sets of shoes. PS4 225/50 R17 98Y here at Chennai, BM lal.

Just drove 30kms. Silent for sure, but road feel is less than the RFTs - Goodyear.

I am running 33 psi front and 36 psi rear.

is this ok?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks