Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2012, 14:54   #61
BHPian

Re: Indica Turbo on 185/65 GIII's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
Im replacing my stock tires after 35 K on Turbo DLX with 185/60/ R14 Michelin XM2. request advice on the right tyre pressure...28/24 psi seems too less.
I had maintained 30/28 psi and found them to be adequate.

Trust this helps.
SRShrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 22:53   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
I had maintained 30/28 psi and found them to be adequate.

Trust this helps.
Thanks. Running on 32/28 now.Seems to be ok. Which tyres are u using?
Old 21st July 2012, 14:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre upsize for Indica Turbo V2

Has anyone done a tyre downsize? I'm considering downsizing to 185/70R13 on 5.5J alloys for my Indigo. OE size is 175/65R14 82H. Here's how they compare.

Name:  17565r14vs18570r13.gif
Views: 1286
Size:  8.1 KB

Is the higher profile likely to affect the handling? Or will the increased width and lighter unsprung weight (lower size alloy rim) compensate?
Old 21st July 2012, 15:12   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
Thanks. Running on 32/28 now.Seems to be ok. Which tyres are u using?
The Indica is sadly no longer in my possession as I have passed on this legacy to one of my work collegues when she clocked 94555 with me.

Its been six months now.

She rode on her 2nd set of Potenza GIII's.

Hope you enjoy your ride and relish the good company she keeps.

Regards,
SRShrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 22:23   #65
BHPian

The first fill up after the change of tyre, reveals a drop in mileage by around 2 kmpl; from an average of around 13.7 kmpl to 11.8. However the next fill up will be more realistic as the tyre change accounted only for the last 100 kms.

That brings me to another question, what is the FE that other Bhpians are getting?
Mine I know is low, accounting for ac on at 99% of times, and short distance to work, which doesn't let the engine warm up optimally.
Old 3rd July 2015, 14:03   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I have been *very* satisfied with my stock tubed S322's - they have taken all the abuse they have been dished out in their stride ( two of my rims are badly damaged) but the tyres are running just fine, except they've begun to lock up while braking.

I'm looking for a durable and abuse resistant tyre with decent amounts of grip. Looks like the apollo acelere 185/60 is the way to go, but i have my reservations about their durablity as compared to my Bulletproof S322's.

Quote:
Finally decided to fix my suspension and settled on the acelere. Bought 5x 175/65 R14 aceleres for 19500.
A follow up on this - My Bridgestone S322's lasted till 48K Kms, by which they were totally bald and gripless.
At 78K, I've been advised that my tyres are at the end of their life, one tyre already has its rubber work off and the insides showing. I've been told to get a new pair within the next 5K Kms. While their grip has exceeded expectations, and comfort and noise levels are ok, 30-35K is a bit low - granted this was accelerated by my indica's alignment issues, but still, a bit hard to stomach.

Thinking of compromising a bit more grip for another 5-10K of tyre life. . Any Recommends?

Last edited by greenhorn : 3rd July 2015 at 14:13.
Old 5th August 2015, 15:02   #67
BHPian

My Indica V2 DLX (2008) is still running on OEM Bridgestone S322 tube type tyres @ odo of 62000 kms...you read it right.

Grip is still fine, threads have reduced , issue is I can feel road texture continuously and ride has become uncomfortable.

the Tyre dealer is saying , it will last for another 10000 kms , so its quite strange and seems odd that a original set of tyre lasting for 70000 plus kms ??

Pls suggest , if I should change it to new tyres immediately or continue? FYI - I frequently use Mumbai Pune e way with this car, twice a week. Am I risking too much ?
Old 5th October 2015, 15:28   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thinking of compromising a bit more grip for another 5-10K of tyre life. . Any Recommends?
An update on this - ended up buying Yokohama Earth 1's. Let's see how long they last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Pls suggest , if I should change it to new tyres immediately or continue? FYI - I frequently use Mumbai Pune e way with this car, twice a week. Am I risking too much ?
Ideally don't use a tyre for more than 5 years!

I ran into a cabbie who had come to fix a puncture, and he had the exact tyre I was getting, and they were at 34K, and looked almost as bad as the apollos I was getting rid of. Is uneven tyre wear a feature of indicas, and is there something that can be done about it other than frequent alignment?
Old 27th October 2015, 12:42   #69
BHPian

Finally changed 4 tyres of my DLX V2 Turbo @ 65000 kms( yes , the OEM Bridgestones lasted for 65000 kms , with just 3 punctures in total).

I was so much happy with these tyres, that my new set of 4 tyres are again BRIDGESTONE TUBETYPE , just upsized to R14 175/65.

Superhappy with these new shoes, and surprised with the handling of this car now. So easy to take sharp corners , bends, braking has improved drastically, apart from the road noise almost vanishing and the vastly improved ride quality. Loving to drive this car nowadays....the road grip has increased to a great extent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks