BTW are they 2 piece alloys??
Old 16th March 2004, 00:04   #3
BHPian

Wht do u mean by 2 Piece?
I dont get it in the alloys?
Old 16th March 2004, 00:09   #4
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

2 piece alloys are those alloy wheels where the centre portion [i.e. the spokes section] can be removed. so u can have 2 or 3 or 4 spoke designs and change them frequently.

I'm not sure of this. Am i right guys???
Old 16th March 2004, 01:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looks more of an Enzo GT racer now . But still suits it well

Cheers
Old 16th March 2004, 01:08   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Though it would kill the visibility - a very important factor in a 200 mph+ car - Just imagine the look of this beast with jet black tinted glasses.

GTO
Old 16th March 2004, 01:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

I'm with you on that GTO

Cheers
Old 16th March 2004, 02:17   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ Mar. 15 2004,22:39)]2 piece alloys are those alloy wheels where the centre portion [i.e. the spokes section] can be removed. so u can have 2 or 3 or 4 spoke designs and change them frequently.

I'm not sure of this. Am i right guys???
Hey,

Nope V12.....i dont think thats right...

2 peice alloys are manifactured in 2 parts. So for example the drum can be mass produced to be put on all the different wheel styles (ie by the MANUFACTURER as part of the production process) and the spokes are produced seperately.

I have to run now but i will confirm this and edit this post later.
Im suprised we havent had any alloy discussions!!

cheers
Rehaan
Old 16th March 2004, 02:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Noticed something, the tyres are Pirelli Rossos and not the Bridgestones found standard fit on the Enzo. Anyone has any idea whether the Pirellis are any better than the Bridgestones on the Enzo???

Revvmaster
Old 16th March 2004, 02:28   #10
Team-BHP Support

Hey Revv,

Good point. My only guess is that the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Scuderia werent available in the 275/30ZR19 (as on this front tire) as they come in 245/35ZR19 (& 345/35ZR19 for the rear only?)....

However this makes me wonder if they upsized the rear tires as well? because it is unlikely they could have gone up by 30mm there as well.
I guess the wider front tires might make the car a little more over-steery.......atleast we'll recognise this one if it crashes...(god forbid!) !!

cheers
Old 17th March 2004, 17:45   #11
BHPian

The warranty on this car was void since its owner had changed the rims. A Ferrari rep had seen this on TV and then immediately contacted the owner and informed him of the warranty issue. This is the reason why i hate Ferrari most, A person who spent above half a million dollars cant even add mods to the unpleasing sght of this god-awful car. Ferrari think they have all the power in the world when it comes to cars well lets see if that owner even thinks of buying a Ferrari next time and considering that he got an invitation must mean that he must be one good customer of theirs
Old 17th March 2004, 18:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

yuck, they look bad, I hate those wheels, it just reminds me of those BMW 3 Series with black steel wheels. Enzo looks good with the normal wheels.
Old 17th March 2004, 21:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

i second that. i think those are the most horrible looking wheels anyone could ever jack up a ferrari on. just doesn't go with the ferrari flow. totally out of sync. i don't know what he was thinking. i guess when a company like ferrari known for making some of the most beautiful and aerodynamically accurate machinery ever, have quite a bit of reason to be proud of their design and reason to do what they do. i personally prefer the alloys that just come with the car. just my two cents though.
Old 18th March 2004, 05:26   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GrimReaper @ Mar. 17 2004,16:15)]The warranty on this car was void since its owner had changed the rims. A Ferrari rep had seen this on TV and then immediately contacted the owner and informed him of the warranty issue. This is the reason why i hate Ferrari most, A person who spent above half a million dollars cant even add mods to the unpleasing sght of this god-awful car. Ferrari think they have all the power in the world when it comes to cars well lets see if that owner even thinks of buying a Ferrari next time and considering that he got an invitation must mean that he must be one good customer of theirs
Hey,

First of all, i dont like the looks of the enzo much, and the black wheels just distract me from the cars looks so i dont hate them or really love them.

Grim,
The enzo is an incredible car that has been designed to extract maximum performance as a whole unit. I feel its absolutely understandable if the warranty was made void by this mod. As Revvmaster and me discussed above the newer tire size and type will definitely alter the handling of the enzo, and since ferrari has tweaked the handling exactly to what they want and has even got special tyres for the enzo i think this is understandable behaviour on ferrari's part. You have to understand the thousands of hours that have gone into testing every aspect of this car. Changing the alloys will change the airflow over the brakes and the vaccum created under the car. Alloys are also constructed in several differnt ways and im sure the enzo's alloys have been designed to take the full stress of being alloys on the enzo which there is no guarantee of with these other alloys!
Hence it is also a safety issue and there are several things that could happen to a specimen of mechanical perfection such as this from doing something as seemingly minor as changing the alloys and tires.

I know you dislike ferrari, but think of it this way, which other car company would see your car on TV and then trace you down and call you on the phone to give you information about what you should do to keep your warranty intact!!

cheers
Rehaan.
Old 18th March 2004, 05:29   #15
Team-BHP Support

PS - i also think that this is just a shoot for the alloy boys....heres a silver option...

Source - link mentioned on picture

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks