Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Best set of tyres? - In India.
Goodyear 72 9.13%
Pirelli 35 4.44%
Michelin 256 32.45%
Bridgestone 232 29.40%
Falkens 7 0.89%
BF Goodrich 12 1.52%
Mrf 35 4.44%
Ceat 3 0.38%
Yokohama 111 14.07%
Dunlop 5 0.63%
JK Tyre 5 0.63%
Apollo Tyres 16 2.03%
Voters: 789. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 12:45   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
I recently changed the s322 to XM1. The ride was so good that i felt like the tyrewala had put in low pressure.

But now it is running on 30psi on all and still the ride quality is so much better than s322. One thing that i noticed was, the way it softly landed after going over a nasty speed breaker. It surely feels like an under inflated s322.

Now the question is, will such a soft rubber take the beating of indian roads? The s322 after running 38k kms had only couple of punctures and one tube went weak.
I have Michelin Energy XM1 (185/65 R 14) on my Baleno and have done 17k Kms on them now...apart from one puncture caused by a huge Nail...no issues at all and this when I have driven them on all kinds on terrains...
They are wearing out quite well and still look like new. the ride is definitely better than the NCT5s that I had earlier and they are very silent.
The only issue I have is that I dont think their grip levels are good enought for an enthusiast..they seem to have lower grip than Potenzas for sure and also NCT5s.
Old 12th January 2008, 11:00   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
I have Michelin Energy XM1 (185/65 R 14) on my Baleno and have done 17k Kms on them now...apart from one puncture caused by a huge Nail...no issues at all and this when I have driven them on all kinds on terrains...
They are wearing out quite well and still look like new. the ride is definitely better than the NCT5s that I had earlier and they are very silent.
The only issue I have is that I dont think their grip levels are good enought for an enthusiast..they seem to have lower grip than Potenzas for sure and also NCT5s.
I got these(Michelin XM1 185/65 R14) Tires yesterday! What air pressure (psi) are you maintaining? I was experimenting between 27 psi to 30 psi.
Please let me know your thoughts...ride is most important for me -- don't want the car to bounce around.

Last edited by imjimmy : 12th January 2008 at 11:01.
Old 15th January 2008, 14:13   #453
BHPian

the tyre ive used without complain is the goodyear powerstar. u dont get them for the love of money. Never tried radials on my premier padmini cos never got less than 165.dont have power assist steering.
any suggestions as powerstar are due for replacement.
Old 16th January 2008, 16:52   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy View Post
I got these(Michelin XM1 185/65 R14) Tires yesterday! What air pressure (psi) are you maintaining? I was experimenting between 27 psi to 30 psi.
Please let me know your thoughts...ride is most important for me -- don't want the car to bounce around.
I use 28 PSI...the suspension starts getting a bit hard around the 45k mark though...I would say that use between 25 to 28 PSI if you can make do is 0.3-0.5 kmpl less. 25 is the city pressure recommended by Maruti for teh Baleno with 185/65R14 tyres..
Let us know what your experience with these tyres is...
Old 16th January 2008, 22:32   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan View Post
I use 28 PSI...the suspension starts getting a bit hard around the 45k mark though...I would say that use between 25 to 28 PSI if you can make do is 0.3-0.5 kmpl less. 25 is the city pressure recommended by Maruti for teh Baleno with 185/65R14 tyres..
Let us know what your experience with these tyres is...
Thanks for replying. I used 28 Psi.. The tires feel great and the ride, handling everything seems to have improved after using the stock bridgestone. Will keep this forum updated.
Old 13th February 2008, 12:08   #456
Senior - BHPian

Turenza is uni-directional?

For Accent Crdi...
Old 13th February 2008, 12:12   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Turenza is uni-directional?

For Accent Crdi...
No, turanza for Accent is not uni-directional.
Old 21st February 2008, 02:13   #458

I've been looking to find some good info on upgrading tyres for my Honda City ZX GXi. Somehow there is so much info now on team-bhp that its a little hard to find exactly what your looking for without asking a question?

Anyway, I wanted to know from any personal experience about either upgrading tyre size to 15s and go 195/55 or 205/55 but I don't want the width of the tyre to come outwards of the car

Or if I go same size broader tyres 195/60/14

Second factor would be the brand, I've been a big fan of Bridgestone Potenza GIII in many of our cars but after seeing the Good Year uni-directional F1 tyres; they look and drive awesome. But even on team-bhp the ratings for Bridgestone are far better than Good Year...Does anyone knw of any new tyres by Bridgestone? Are Turanza uni-directional?

pls gimme your update, I need to get the tyres done today or tomorrow so I get a good buyback on my stock tyres and mainly better ride quality.

I'm not looking for extreme performance for this car; I just want a good grip, better ride and comfort quality so no low profile. Will 15s do the job better?
Old 21st February 2008, 10:17   #459
Senior - BHPian

If you want good ride and comfort with decent grip, get Michelin Energy XM1/MXV8. If you want performance, check Michelin Pilot Precedas or Yokohama S-Drives.
Old 21st February 2008, 18:06   #460
BHPian

About time to change the wheels on my Baleno, had the 17" rims,
previous owner had Yoko's ES100 205/40 R 17 on 3 wheels and
a 215/40 R 17 Falken on the left front wheel.
The tyres aren't bad, but I feel need to change them.
Which ones would be the best ?
Yoko's which I am getting for 7.8k per tyre
Or Falken for 5.5k per tyre.
Are there any other and cheaper options
Or is it that the lower the profile the higher the price ?
Suggestions awaited.
Old 27th February 2008, 17:59   #461
BHPian

Help - New Tyres for my old Accent

Dear friends,
I have a 2000 model Accent who's stock tyres (having seen 8 years and 35K kms) I have to change now. In fact, one front tyre recently burst when i was driving at 130 kmph on Bangalore Mysore highway! Thankfully, there was no loss of control. I plan to buy 4 new tyres and retain the old stepnee. I drive on the highways at high speeds often.
i. Please suggest what tubeless tyres i should go in for considering i have the stock steel rims and would not prefer spending on alloys.
ii. Michelin asymmetric tyres cost around 2900 and JK would cost around 2K. I can afford Michelin but is it worth paying the extra buck considering I have stock steel rims which may not help me appreciate Michelin to the fullest?
iii. Any other suggestions? It would be great if any of you could tell me how to get a good deal on the tyres?
Thanks a tonne!
Old 27th February 2008, 19:55   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Dear friends,
I plan to buy 4 new tyres and retain the old stepnee. I drive on the highways at high speeds often.
i. Please suggest what tubeless tyres i should go in for considering i have the stock steel rims and would not prefer spending on alloys.
ii. Michelin asymmetric tyres cost around 2900 and JK would cost around 2K. I can afford Michelin but is it worth paying the extra buck considering I have stock steel rims which may not help me appreciate Michelin to the fullest?
Please change all 5 tyres. life of a tyre will be 6 years or max 8 years. Tyres become brittle and crack as it ages.

Michelin is the way to go. Go for energy XM1+ series. JK tyres are no match for michelin energy in terms of Noise generated, car control and safety.
Old 27th February 2008, 23:08   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear friends,
I have a 2000 model Accent who's stock tyres (having seen 8 years and 35K kms) I have to change now. In fact, one front tyre recently burst when i was driving at 130 kmph on Bangalore Mysore highway!
Harsha - Seeing that your tyres are already 8 years old & already way past their recommended usage life I would recommend them immediately. Tyres are good for a period of 5-6 years from the date of manufacturing in our conditions and after that due to wear & tear & other stresses the rubber tends to disintegrate & can lead to blowouts especially in high-speed driving.

Also, switching to another brand like Michelin or Yokohama even on your stock tyres is going to be absolutely fine & you'll be able to appreciate the improvement in the new tyres.
Old 28th February 2008, 03:04   #464
BHPian

Thanks friends for your prompt advice. Having decided Michelin is worth the extra buck, how do i figure out that the tyres sold to me are original Michelins and no dupes? Also, do they come with guarantee cards? Where are they manufactured? Is 2900 a good price for Michelin Energy XM1? If not, is there a place where i could get a better deal on these?
Besides, is it a norm that the alignment and balancing come free with a new set of tyres?
Sorry for so many questions!
Old 28th February 2008, 04:59   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks friends for your prompt advice. Having decided Michelin is worth the extra buck, how do i figure out that the tyres sold to me are original Michelins and no dupes? Also, do they come with guarantee cards? Where are they manufactured? Is 2900 a good price for Michelin Energy XM1? If not, is there a place where i could get a better deal on these?
Besides, is it a norm that the alignment and balancing come free with a new set of tyres?
Sorry for so many questions!
You will get a set of warranty cards. Please ensure you get 1 card per tyre, not 1 card per set. The fact that you get the cards ensures that your tyres are genuine. No, alignment and balancing don't always come free with the tyres.

Don't apologise for questions. Better now than asking yourself why you got duped, sometime later!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks