Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2015, 16:48   #46
BHPian

Re: Apollo 4G Tyres, anyone?

Hello All,

I'm planning change my car (Punto) tyres in next week.
After some research I found Apollo Alnacs are good. Please some one tell me the Difference between Alnac 4G and Alnac 4GS.
Also suggest me alternative options of tyre profile 195/60 R15.
Old 16th December 2015, 17:40   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
Hello All,

I'm planning change my car (Punto) tyres in next week.
After some research I found Apollo Alnacs are good. Please some one tell me the Difference between Alnac 4G and Alnac 4GS.
Also suggest me alternative options of tyre profile 195/60 R15.
Consider Apollo's co branded tyre
The Manchester United Series
Comes with"V" rated.
Old 28th February 2016, 17:45   #48
BHPian

My EON Magna(O) OEM Tyres are Apollo Acelere 155/70 R13 and they are about 4 years and 40K old now.

I would like to have some feedback about Amazer 4G tyres for replacement of my Acelere set. Could anyone help here?

You can find the detailed post here
Old 10th March 2016, 22:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The issue with Apollos is that their higher end tyres rarely see the market. The old Acelere Sportz and the Aspire were jsut vapourware. Very very few tyres actually made it out into the market.

The Alnac actually looks like a nice tyre which should on paper mathc the Michelins and Yokos.

Looking forward to the reviews from fellow TBHPians.
My 2011 Cruze ran stock JK vectras for 45000 kms and one tyre died recently while the other developed bulges. I just had them changed with new the Apollo Alnac 4G last weekend after extensive research

I preferred to stick to the stock size 205/60 R16 and 92V tyres (based on opinions from users here and on *************) as upsizing doesn't help with performance, and braking seems more than adequate with the stock size. Based on what I read, I went looking for the Michelin P3ST or PLC and Contis and was informed they cost about 9-11k per tyre and no-one had ready stock. Meanwhile, I was really intrigued by Apollo's Alnac 4G as they were highly rated on tyrereviews.co.uk's 2014 list here at #2 here. And decided hey, why not.

On being informed by local dealers that they were about 8k a piece, by sheer luck I guess I found them online on Snapdeal for 22.5k delivered for a set of 4 - talk about reasonable pricing. Be careful as there's 205/60 R16 92H tyres available too on the Alnac 4Gs. These were 92V.

Fitted them out last weekend and they feel amazing! These tyres are so much better than the stock JK vectras and incredibly silent until about 80 kmph. The wife thought we were doing about 40-50 and was wondering why the traffic was moving so slow. Planning on not doing beyond 120 kmph until atleast the first 200 kms. The sidewall seems much softer than the vectras I can tell, as the usual stretch of slightly bumpy road I drive through felt like the cruising through on a bouncing ball on the Alnac 4G. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied at the moment. Shall report back after a month and on its high-speed handling dynamics soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo 4G Tyres, anyone?-20160309_15314301.jpeg  

Apollo 4G Tyres, anyone?-20160309_17192501.jpeg  

Apollo 4G Tyres, anyone?-20160309_17195301.jpeg  

hortons15 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 23:18   #50
BHPian

I have changed the stock Apollo Acelere tyres to Apollo Amazer 4G in my Hyundai EON. I kept the stock profile of 155/70 R13. Costed INR 2750 a piece. The aceleres lasted 40K kms and still had some life in it. Regarding the Amazer 4G, I have driven it for about 250 kms in 5 days and one noticeable thing is how silent the drive has become. Upto 70-80 kmph, there is no/minimal noise. Will update this thread with further observations later.
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 10:25   #51
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The stock tyres on our new Wagon R (still haven't taken delivery of the car) are Apollo Amazer 155/65/R14.
Any feedback on these tyres ? Are they good enough or will need upgrade/replacement with another brand ? I haven't seen these on Marutis earlier, hence the question.

Last edited by NPV : 23rd March 2016 at 10:29.
Old 23rd March 2016, 11:12   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The stock tyres on our new Wagon R (still haven't taken delivery of the car) are Apollo Amazer 155/65/R14.
Any feedback on these tyres ? Are they good enough or will need upgrade/replacement with another brand ? I haven't seen these on Marutis earlier, hence the question.
For your restricted usage within the City and occasional highway runs (in case), these tires will do their job without any fuss at all.

I would not advise on replacing them at this stage even if you are really thinking of moving over to anything better.

These tires for that matter are at least better than the JKs that I had on my WagonR.

And in terms upgrade - Well, again its the same answer. Not required. 155/65 will suffice for your requirements. The optimal upgrade is only 165 as 175 will be an overkill for a WagonR. And yes, the stock rims are good to support till 165 and anything beyond this will need after market alloys that again have issues with WagonR due to width (5J and above) which will ensure that the wheel arches will rub against the tires under full load primarily due to the boxy design and smaller wheel well without any bulge around it.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 17:54   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
They are decent enough, but they dont seem to have enough tread to last even 40k kms. The tyres in my WagonR are 32000 kms old and the tread wear indicator will shortly show up on two tyres. The other two might barely reach 40k kms I think. This is in spite of following a strict Wheel alignment, wheel balancing and wheel rotation every 5000 kms. Planning to change all four once the two tyres show up the TWI.

Also, speaking about the apollos, suppose I am getting Goodyear Assurance and Apollo Alnac 4G at the same price, which one should I go for my SX4? Can someone give a good comparison between the two, like good and bad, etc? The current vectras in my SX4 still have tread, but since they are six years old, I dont want to continue using them. Looking for a replacement.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 15:44   #54
BHPian

Apollo Alnac 4Gs review

My brief APOLLO ALNAC 4Gs review

I changed over to Apollo Alnac 4Gs on my Fiat Linea 1.4 recently and I am blown away with the characteristics of these tyres. They are simply too good considering their price. I changed from a combination of Yokohama C-drives up front and stock Goodyears on the rear and my car has literally come alive.

Performance:
Now, I am bit of a spirited driver (I may be understating that ) and these tyres really live up to my highG expectations. I took them on ghat sections and the already grippy Linea stuck to the tarmac like a leech. Its almost like they provide an infinite amount of grip. Yes, throwing no caution to safety and going hyper-ballistic on the corners would probably lead to them loosing grip, but I don't think many drivers will go that fast anyways. In short, THEY JUST STICK. Tyre noise (screeching sound) is non-existent, and the feedback provided about road conditions is excellent.
The tyres are progressive and thus the car will not tend to just snap when on the limit. Fast aggressive turn-ins, no problem. Left-Right flicks, no problem.
Braking forces are handled with aplomb and acceleration....well, I drive a NA Linea

Comfort:
All that performance is packed in a surprisingly comfortable package. The tyres absorb small undulations well and the noise levels are pretty low (although there are more silent tyres out there, these are not bad really).

Tyre Life:
I don't know.

Verdict:
JUST BUY THEM.
You won't get better tyres at this price or even a price 2 levels higher. Period.

PS:
When I went to buy these tyres, my tyre guy (who is a Apollo dealer btw) strongly advised me not to buy these tyres. He was saying Apollos are crap and they have had a lot of complaints. I stuck to my guns and came out happy with the performance. Although lets see how these last over the long run. (I have a feeling they will do just fine).
jalsa777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 15:38   #55
BHPian

A quick review of my new Apollo Amazer 4G set of tires.

Background

The stock Apollo Acelere tires of my Hyundai EON Magna(O) 2012 were already 40K+ kms old in March 2016. They still have decent tread left, but the rubber turned a bit hard. I would say they have lasted pretty well considering the travel (to harsh terrains) it has made.

But, with a grand road trip to Kashmir from Kolkata planned in April, it became mandatory to switch to new set of tires.
I went to Apollo dealer (Indo Radial Club, Mominpore, Kolkata, WB) and asked for Apollo Acelere again (such was the trust factor on the product).
The dealer mentioned that Apollo Acelere 155/70 R13 (stock profile) is out of production, but they have a few piece in stock.
I was not willing to buy an out-of-production model. A little research on the internet including TeamBHP narrowed down the choice to Yokohama Earth1 and Apollo Amazer 4G. (Michelin XM2 was not favored due to my stringent requirement of harder sidewall, specially due the mountain roads I travel frequently).
Both Yokohama Earth1 and Apollo Amazer 4G have very good feedback. I chose Apollo Amazer 4G mainly because:

1) Brand trust factor(Apollo Acelere is already used)
2) Cost, a good INR 600/tire cheaper than Yokohama Earth1.

As a result, I replaced the four Apollo Acelere tires with Apollo Amazer 4G TL tires @2750 per tire. Wheel balancing done free (cost of weights extra) and wheel alignment (paid separately) done.

Review

After a 5226 km marathon road trip Kolkata-Kashmir-Kolkata, I would say that I am mighty impressed with the Amazer 4G. They performed flawlessly and its sidewall stood firm against all the harshness the road had to offer. The grip of the tires are superb and handling is also good. The road noise has come down significantly from the earlier Aceleres.
I never had to refill air during the entire journey. Call it luck, or the beauty of the tires.
gearhead_mait is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks