Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2006, 23:24   #1
BHPian

Rim upgrade for WagonR

Hi Guys,

My WagonR which is 45K old is due for a tyre replacement. The maruti service center where I take her regularly, has a dealership for Bridgestone. Obviously they are advising me against going for anything other than standard (tube type) bridgestone tyres.
My criteria is low noise and better handling, not so much of fuel economy. Can you please recommend some other options?
Also, what is the ideal rim upgrade for Wagonr R?

Regards,
Sandeep
Old 27th May 2006, 23:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

sbelekar, I see that you are new here. Why don't you take the time to familiarise yourself with the forum? Posting in the correct section would help you get more replies. Or else the thread would just be deleted. Make your way to the Announcements section while you are here.
Old 27th May 2006, 23:37   #3
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Rim upgrade or Tyre upgrade ? Bridgestone Potenza GIII offer good grip and handling
Old 27th May 2006, 23:46   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

go for the tubeless type tyres as they are less noisy,ride and handle better and are far more safer,as for the choice of the tyres go for bridgestone potenza g3 if you want good grip and low wear and not to forget cool looks but if you need good ride at expense of grip go in for appolo acelere but i suspect that they wear out faster than the potenzas.
Old 28th May 2006, 00:07   #5
BHPian

I recently enquired about rims and tyres for a wagonr at a tyre dealer opp lalbagh(near that ganesh temple.) as I was interested in buying yokohama tyres. I've been told the yokohamas are very good and they are tubeless. The tyres fit on the regular rims. Size 165. Cost of the tyres would be 5500. The name is millivisions marketing. no 47, krumbigal rd, near lalbagh main gate. Ph- 26563863. Govind- 9845053430. Before making your buy, give them a visit.
Old 29th May 2006, 11:52   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa
Rim upgrade or Tyre upgrade ? Bridgestone Potenza GIII offer good grip and handling
I am actually looking at rim upgrade.
Ofcourse, If I realize that I am overshooting my budget by trying to upgrade the rim, then I will go only for tyre replacement.
Old 29th May 2006, 18:46   #7
BHPian

Quote:
I've been told the yokohamas are very good and they are tubeless. The tyres fit on the regular rims. Size 165. Cost of the tyres would be 5500.
Are you saying a set of 4 165 tyres for Rs.5500?? Which model in Yokohama?
Old 4th June 2006, 09:16   #8
BHPian

I got new Potenza G3 165/60R13, which is the recommended upsize for WagonR. Can someome tell me whats the right tyre pressure to maintain.

For tube type Maruti's recommendation was to maintain it at 33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks