Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 20:25   #31
BHPian

re: Maruti Ertiga : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Completed 3000kms, 195/65/15 seems to be doing fine.
-Mileage within city hovers between 15-15.5kmpl.
-On highways it goes till 17-18kmpl max.
That's pretty much what I am also getting in City. In fact the last recorded mileage in city was 16.2Kmpl. Have not yet done long highway drives. The ride comfort with the Michelin is really good though I can feel some hard roads at lower speeds.
Old 24th July 2012, 13:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
Hi Jaspreet,

I have already crossed 17 KMPL. What's your latest figure?

Attachment 960698
Hi Sudhir,
, but can you share the screen shots are of which application? I guess it's Android.

Thanks,
Pradip.
Old 24th July 2012, 13:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk

Hi Sudhir,
...screen shots are of which application? I guess it's Android.

Thanks,
Pradip.
It's called 'Road Trip'. I'm on iOS. Not sure if it's available for Android.
Old 24th July 2012, 13:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post
It's called 'Road Trip'. I'm on iOS. Not sure if it's available for Android.
Hey thanks for your quick reply. I do use fuel log of Android but yours' looked better.

Thanks,
Pradip.
Old 2nd September 2012, 18:15   #35
BHPian

Can someone suggest which make between the Yokos and Michelin is a better ride keeping configuration parallel. I have the ZDI getting delivered coming week and having a hard time making up my mind on tyre brand and alloys. I like the stock alloys and wanted to check if going for aftermarket fits is better for ride and handling.

Went to Reliance Auto and they seem to recognize Team-BHP already. Offered discount without any fuss
Old 3rd September 2012, 13:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin View Post
Can someone suggest which make between the Yokos and Michelin is a better ride keeping configuration parallel. I have the ZDI getting delivered coming week and having a hard time making up my mind on tyre brand and alloys. I like the stock alloys and wanted to check if going for aftermarket fits is better for ride and handling.

Went to Reliance Auto and they seem to recognize Team-BHP already. Offered discount without any fuss
Between the 2 the Michelin is better in terms of ride quality. The stock alloys looks good and I guess unless you are looking for real sporty ones, these should serve the purpose. Great to know Rel Auto is aware of Team BHP. I also got my Michelin from Rel Auto here and got a good deal for my Stock MRFs
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 02:46   #37
BHPian

Camber is the tilting of the wheels from the vertical when viewed from the front of the vehicle. When the wheels tilt outward at the top, the camber is positive (+). When the wheel tilts inward at the top, the camber is negative (-). The amount of tilt is measured in degrees from the vertical. Camber settings influence the directional control and the tire wear.

Too much positive camber will result in premature wear on the outside of the tire and cause excessive wear on the suspension parts. Too much negative camber will result in premature wear on the inside of the tire and cause excessive wear on the suspension parts.

Unequal side-to-side camber of 1° or more will cause the vehicle to pull or lead to the side with the most positive camber.

Negative camber generates what is referred to as camber thrust. When both tires are angled negatively they push against each other, which is fine as long as both tires are in contact with the road surface. When one tire loses grip, the other tire no longer has an opposing force being applied to it and as a result the vehicle is thrust towards the wheel with no traction.

All ERTIGA's have the rear left wheel Camber values set at 1 Deg and 34 Mins. The right rear wheel does not have this value.

I understand that the Camber by design can be negative or positive but the catch is it has to be uniform (Symmetrical) which is not the case with Ertiga, the left and right does not have symmetrical values.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-camber-illustration.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-camber-diagram.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wheel Alignment Report.pdf (314.0 KB, 624 views)

Last edited by GTO : 28th December 2012 at 11:06. Reason: Please do NOT cut-copy-paste content from other word softwares. Best to type directly into Team-BHP. Thank You!
virgovencat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 00:22   #38
BHPian

Michelin Primacy LC do not come in 205/60R15 !!

It would either be 205/65 or R16 !

What to do for Ertiga ZDi ? Nikhil and others please help.

My opinion is as per Michelin's website,and NOT my own .http://www.michelin.in/Home/Products...rCar/PrimacyLC

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 24th October 2012 at 00:35.
Old 15th December 2012, 00:23   #39
BHPian

Which would be the most suitable tyre for an Ertiga ZDi with alloys ?

Michelin PLCs,Yokohama C drives, or the Pirelli P6 in 195/65 R15 size ?
Old 17th December 2012, 22:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp

My opinion, if you need a tyre that offers good ride quality, decent handling and lasts long, go for PLC. Ideal upgrade is 195 60 R 15 or 205 60 R15( available in Yoko).
nurni76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 08:35   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
My opinion, if you need a tyre that offers good ride quality, decent handling and lasts long, go for PLC. Ideal upgrade is 195 60 R 15 or 205 60 R15( available in Yoko).
My bad. I keep making that silly mistake.Thanks nurni.

Like you said,kpzen , the Tyre-guru of the forum also advised me to go with
195 60 R15 and PLCs.
Old 18th December 2012, 21:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post

I have had a pretty good experience with C.Drives and would recommend them to anyone. The wet grip they offer is astonishing and I would say go for them so long as the driving is on reasonable roads. The sidewalls may not take too well to sharp edges. I love them so much that I am on my third set with them.

Last edited by Buffetfan : 18th December 2012 at 21:08.
Old 27th December 2012, 13:24   #43
BHPian

Just upgraded to Yokohama C Drive 195-60-15 in exchange of my MRFs on my Ertiga ZXi, paying just Rs.1200 per tyre! Sounded like a good deal and the grip seems to be really amazing and there's no road noise as well. The C Drive was Rs.300 more expensive than A Drives but they offered better grip (especially in the wet), similar ride quality, only 10% lesser fuel economy, similar noise levels and looked better as well.

I bought the Ertiga Silver ZXi without alloys since it was the only one available and thought of getting aftermarket alloys (in black & silver). Got the Plati model 102 but it was fouling with the brakes or something so i reverted back to the steel ones.

Has anyone tried any aftermarket ones which work perfect or should i buy the original ones only or maybe just stick to the steel wheels!

Last edited by vipinjoshi : 27th December 2012 at 13:32. Reason: additions done
Old 27th December 2012, 20:31   #44
BHPian

What are the things one should be careful of when one is going for a tyre change in a new car ? Is there a way to know whether the dealer is selling old/not in a good condition tyres ? How does one know when a tyre has been manufactured, by straightaway looking at it ?

I am changing my Ertiga ZDi with alloy's MRF ZVTV 185 65 R15 tyres to Michelin Primacy LC 195 60 R15

Last edited by ultimatechamp : 27th December 2012 at 20:32.
Old 7th January 2013, 12:53   #45
BHPian

Hi

Here is how I went about upgrading my Ertiga ZDI's tyres. The vehicle came with steel rims and 185/65 R - 15 Duraplus. I upgraded to 205/60 R-15 Yokohama A drive. A few months alter the OEM alloys also came (yeah there is a waiting for alloys also!) and recently I have replaced the steel rims with OEM alloys.

The tyres seem to fit the wheel arch very well, the alloys look nice and the tyre tread is nice, no noise and great grip. Some pictures on this link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ounting-2.html

Happy to answer any questions around this topic.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks