Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Safari alloy wheels for Sumo Grande GX

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmessiah View Post
One technical issue has come up with me putting the safari alloys. The Tata Motor people say that if I put alloys or other tyres apart from the one which is on the vehicle from factory. It can void my warranty. Very confusing. So I guess I ll stick on with the factory spec for some time.
i dont know about the warranty violations but despite the neo alloys my TASS has been continuing with the vehicles warranty all this while .i think its just a ploy by your dealer to force you to buy accessories from them.
besides these alloys have not given me any suspension related issues to date i suggest you stick to the original rims as of now and take the call about the alloys after the second service that way you would have a rapport with the service staff as anyways the showroom people are least interested in you once the vehicle papers are signed and the delivery is done.
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrakamat View Post
i dont know about the warranty violations but despite the neo alloys my TASS has been continuing with the vehicles warranty all this while .i think its just a ploy by your dealer to force you to buy accessories from them.
besides these alloys have not given me any suspension related issues to date i suggest you stick to the original rims as of now and take the call about the alloys after the second service that way you would have a rapport with the service staff as anyways the showroom people are least interested in you once the vehicle papers are signed and the delivery is done.
The dealer is ready to fit the safari alloys for me, buts its TATA motors regional engineer who insists that I stick with the original set up. I tried to explain that it will not make a difference with the offset and other technicalities and since he is the service engineer for Kerala region and happens to be a relative of mine too, I have to honor his words.
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:28   #18
BHPian

i guess that ends the discussion on which alloys to go for cos you dont have a choice.
all the best and do post your vehicle pics as and when she comes home.
sierrakamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 19:51   #19
BANNED

Hi friends,

What is your opinion of using the Safari's alloys on the ARIA Pure ? The tyres are the same size, 235/70 R 16 Bridgestone Dueler on my Pure. Checked with friends Safari VX, he too has the same stock tyres.

Sandeep
Old 6th May 2013, 12:24   #20
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
What is your opinion of using the Safari's alloys on the ARIA Pure ? The tyres are the same size, 235/70 R 16 Bridgestone Dueler on my Pure. Checked with friends Safari VX, he too has the same stock tyres.
Perfectly fine.

While at it get the Storme Alloys.

Alternatively get the Aria 17" alloys with 17" tyres. (From the Pride Model) This will look even better but the cost of tyres will be more especially if you have run your tyres too much already. That said there are many buyers of slightly used R16 tyres bit not for R17 tyres, so you should get a good resale.

17" rims will make the ride a bit harder though.
Old 12th September 2013, 23:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

From my experience, with the Grande, its better to stick to the stock size. Both in rims and tyres. Otherwise, the front tyres touch the rear portion of the wheel well, while cornering.

After trying wider rims (two sets) and wider tyres (one set), I have now settled in for stock size Neo wheels (16x 6.5J) and stock size (237/70 R16) Hankooks.

Plus is obviously a much better ride, lighter steering and finally, no touching the wheel well.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari alloy wheels for Sumo Grande GX-sumo-grande.jpg  

Old 13th September 2013, 01:37   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
From my experience, with the Grande, its better to stick to the stock size. Both in rims and tyres. Otherwise, the front tyres touch the rear portion of the wheel well, while cornering.
+1. Manufacturer knows the car best and it is better to stick to OEM specifications for best results.

BTW: Nice looking alloys buddy.

Is that water thing below the engine bay of your car?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 06:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Anurag! Yes, that's water. I checked
Old 8th April 2024, 22:53   #24

Tyre and Rims upgrade for my Sumo Gold

I have a Tata Sumo Gold EX 2017, it comes with 215/75 R15 tyres and 15inch steel rims of PCD 5X160. I am willing to upgrade the tyre and rims. I have 2 options in my mind.

1st is to get safari's 16inch steel rims and get the same tyres which are used in safari dicor and Storme which is 235/70 r16.

2nd is just to get safari dicor alloys instead of the safari's rims and pair them
up with safari dicor and Storme's 235/70 r16 tyres as in the 1st option.

What option should I go for?
If you have any other options, please tell me that too.
And one more thing, will it be worth getting all terrain tyres for my sumo gold.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks