Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 22:27   #121
Senior - BHPian

An update !!

Was at Hercules tyres(link road) today to meet Mr.Saravanan and was informed that he has become the distributor for Lenso's in Bangalore.

Anyone in for a change to alloys, head there he has them all and would recommend him anyday.
Old 9th June 2007, 10:20   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
An update !!

Was at Hercules tyres(link road) today to meet Mr.Saravanan and was informed that he has become the distributor for Lenso's in Bangalore.

Anyone in for a change to alloys, head there he has them all and would recommend him anyday.
Where is "link road", anna? (Even a Binz-style description will do )
Old 9th June 2007, 13:57   #123
Senior - BHPian

Annayya depends on how well you know bangy .
Quote:
Where is "link road", anna?
Sheshadripuram. Its the road which connects Malleshwaram to Sheshadripuram.
Old 11th June 2007, 16:37   #124

Hey guys... Not that i mean to dampen anyone's spirits here but I've been meaning to get alloys for my car or quite sometime... However have been putting off the decision basis our road conditions...

I frequently travel out of town and many a times have suffered a dented rim.. Keeping this in mind and the fact that while roads are improving they still aint improving at the greatest pace...

Does it really make sense to have alloys??? I do realize that they are lighter and stronger than steel wheels... But for indian road conditions????
Old 11th June 2007, 20:44   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssanjeev View Post
Does it really make sense to have alloys??? I do realize that they are lighter and stronger than steel wheels... But for indian road conditions????
It is nice/efficient to have Alloys on highways...but at the same time u have be careful with your speeds...otherwise even Alloys cannot save u....
You shud seriously know at what speeds u shud drive at a particular stretch...

Abhi
Old 12th June 2007, 18:37   #126
BHPian

bike alloys and tyres

will I get alloys and tyres in the mentioned shops in bangalore??

How is RADO alloys?? any idea about this?

One of my friend told me in JC road, some shops cheat you with duplicate alloys and tyres? is it true??
Old 16th June 2007, 10:17   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
rj which shiva tyres are you talking about. theres actually 2 on the same road. Did you meet anil grover?

the first shop has the same name as the 2 partners had a fight and the guy wasnt ready to give up the name shiva which i think is anil's son's name.

so he opened another shop down the road opposite barista behind the petrol bunk on new bel road.

which dealer do u go to?
Dude, THough there are 2 Shiva tyres around there the old one near Rahmaiha is an excellent one.
Anil's son is not SHiva, SHiva is the anme of the actuall founder and Anil was his partner for many years........ then the filmi story of making more money came up and they split........ anyways we have got nothing to do with this.........

I have had quotes from both the Shivas and they are indeed competitive.... the other SHiva tyres offer a better price on Bridgestone and can source you any kind of tyre at a better price than JC road.....

My suggestion is to visit as many tyre shops before meeting this Anil as you would not know who is what.........
Old 16th June 2007, 23:59   #128
BHPian

Micelin XM1 Tyres with Aura Allloys

Hi Akroy;
Even I am planning to go for Aura Alloys and Michelin XM1 165/R13 for my 3 year old Wagon R. Would really appreciate if you can send me the Price details. Thanks in advance.
Old 18th June 2007, 18:48   #129
Senior - BHPian

Hi soumobakshi, Michelin 165/60 is a good choice for wagon r, as i myself have upgraded to the same size but from bridgestone. Is there any reason for you to decide on Aura ? This brand has very few choices on designs compared to League, HR, Lenso and many others. You will find the difference in handling and steering as soon as you upgrade, specially while cornering, control and road grip at speeds above 70 kmph etc. Please update us about your decision and expecting pictures too. All the best !
Old 18th June 2007, 21:57   #130
Senior - BHPian

Today had been to Iyengar's tyre care one at Banashankari Ring road, They are quiet well known people and provide mobile tyre service at our door step as well. We need to call 98455-45456 to get assistance. Most of the times they will help sometimes if they are on call attending the customers they might not come, thats what they said, but they said they address almost every call they receive.

They do wheel balancing @our door steps thats amazing service.

When I checked tyre for Innova they provided best rates. Michellin MXV8 225/60 R15 cost around 5.6k each tyre, 2o5/65 R15 cost 4.5K.

They recommand goodyear they say when something goes wrong with tyre they can convince goodyear and pressurize them to replace the tyres but replacing these imported tyres is not as easy as indian manufactured tyre, thats what they said.

I hope this will help other members here to know about tyres and information.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 19th June 2007, 08:39   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
Hi Akroy;
Even I am planning to go for Aura Alloys and Michelin XM1 165/R13 for my 3 year old Wagon R. Would really appreciate if you can send me the Price details. Thanks in advance.
Aura 13" C9350 - 14K (Price has changes from 1 June, I got the older price, U should get 15 - 15.5K)

Michelin - 2175 / tyre

I got it from Super Tyre Tec, JC Road....

Abhi
Old 20th June 2007, 15:28   #132
BANNED

How much is the good price for new stock tires, rims and wheels caps if getting exchanged with alloys and wider imported tires for Swift VDI.Planning for getting it done very first day after getting the delivery with League alloys with Yokos or Michs 195/60R15.
Old 20th June 2007, 16:29   #133
Senior - BHPian

Shaju...heard that League and other imported alloy wheels do not come with a warranty and that is the only reason maybe that one opts for Aura or Neo...i am planning to upsize mine as well for an alto vxi 1.1 and still yet 2 decide whether...2 go desi or with imported ones.....
Old 20th June 2007, 16:32   #134
Senior - BHPian

Hey Abhi....have u got 5 alloy wheels done or only 4....and apart from the price is there anything to think about....
Old 21st June 2007, 06:04   #135
BHPian

Hi;
Over the weekend I checked with Car Shringar(JC Road) for Alloys and tyres from Super Tyre Tech in JC Road. I would request you all to rate on "Flying Eagle" Alloys i did like a design which i chanced at "Car Shringar". He asked 14.5K for a set of 5. Kind of confused with the tyre upgrade. 1)1)Since i have a 2004 Wagon R LX model( no PS) will upsizing of tyre make city driving difficult.
2)Will the mileage get seriously affected. I run my Car on LPG since i drive a lot( Clocked 45k in 2.8 years) on an average 56Km/Day

If upsizing does affect driveablity I am even considering for 155/70 R13 Michelin or 155/65 R13 Michelin.
By the way which one is better, Potenza or Michelin gIII?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks