Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:36   #301
BHPian

Super Tyre tech

Just wanted to put in a word for - Super Tyre Tec(J.C. Road). Contact Person - Prakash

Good experience dealing with Prakash. He knows quite a bit about tyres and gives sound advice. Was happy with the prices and the final negotiations as well. Got extra discount with a mention of T-BHP and smiles on both of our faces

Extremely happy with the service and the experience. I will definitely vouch for him.

I bought :

Michelin Primacy LC : 4800 * 5 - 195/60 R15
Lenso Samurai SC05 : 5100 * 5 (All other shops were quoting 27k)
Buyback of Swift ZXi stock tyres and alloys(2.5k kms) - 1400 * 5 + 9500
Old 4th May 2009, 19:48   #302
BHPian

Hey Ashwin - Needed a help, Couldnt get through to the number mentioned, may be too late in the day, Would you have an idea how much he sells PP2 for? Im looking at 205/60 - R15
Old 4th May 2009, 19:59   #303
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car'zy View Post
Hey Ashwin - Needed a help, Couldnt get through to the number mentioned, may be too late in the day, Would you have an idea how much he sells PP2 for? Im looking at 205/60 - R15
Did you try this number - 9845154540?
Old 4th May 2009, 20:41   #304
Team-BHP Support

Guys & Nikhilb2008: slightly OT any idea till what time Madhu is open?
Old 4th May 2009, 21:13   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car'zy View Post
He goes abroad quite often. Try this landline number - 080-41323267
Old 5th May 2009, 11:06   #306
BHPian

Thanks Ashwin, JVH. I got through this morning!
Old 5th May 2009, 14:42   #307
BHPian

Guys - Needed a urgent help - Prakash doesnt seem to have PP2 in Stock, checked with Sai Iyengar, while he does have one, its manufactured 1.5 years back. Pls advice.
Old 5th May 2009, 14:46   #308
Senior - BHPian

To buy any tyres for least price I suggest millivision which is near lalbhag. He offers best price. He is like distributor. So you need to buy tyres and fit them in good shop. I have not baught anything from him directly but I prefer that in future.

I always prefer this because I can fit tyres in shop of my choice.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 6th May 2009, 00:48   #309

I learnt this lesson very hard way! I bought 5 tyres for my WagonR Lxi this afternoon and got an offer from Millivision of 2550.00 for each of Michelin xm1 155/65/R13 tyres with balancing, alignment for 500.00 as extra. As I took alloy wheels from Aura distributor, he referred me to Saiyengar and the later quoted 2600.00 for each tyre including fitment.

I went for them but discovered the price jugglery once I got the bill. They fitted all 4 wheels into my car, replacing stock wheels and tyres, before generating the bill. They charged 500.00 extra for balancing of 5 wheels (so, no free of cost) and had added 12.5% extra, in the name of VAT.

I was always under the impression that the prices quoted for anything include VAT etc, as happened in case of alloy wheels. But it looked like the tyre vendor took advantage of my innocence and made me fool my escalating the price to 15k+ for 5 tyres!!

I will discourage every one either not to deal with Saiyengar (I probably did mistake by taking it from them) or, in case required, deal with them very cautiously. However, Millivision is known to be a good choice for Michelin tyres (though I missed them this time and repenting now).
Old 6th May 2009, 02:25   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askssh View Post
I was always under the impression that the prices quoted for anything include VAT etc, as happened in case of alloy wheels. But it looked like the tyre vendor took advantage of my innocence and made me fool my escalating the price to 15k+ for 5 tyres!!

I will discourage every one either not to deal with Saiyengar (I probably did mistake by taking it from them) or, in case required, deal with them very cautiously. However, Millivision is known to be a good choice for Michelin tyres (though I missed them this time and repenting now).
I was in a similar situation the other day when I wanted to buy Michelin Primacy LC. I asked Prakash(Super Tyre tec) for a quote and he said 4800 and when I called up Sai Iyengar he said 4475. I was surprised for a moment and was about to leave for Sai Iyengar to buy these, but then something prompted me to call up Prakash again. He told me that Sai Iyengar is quoting prices excluding VAT. Considering the VAT is 12.5% and that we are dealing with 24 grand here I was relieved I didn't go to SAI Iyengar as I was sure there would be other hidden charges with the *#Conditions Apply at the bottom.
Old 6th May 2009, 07:54   #311
Senior - BHPian

Ashwin, you did the right thing. I bought my tyres from Prakash 2 years back and it was a fabulous experience. I always recommend Prakash for his customer service.

Abhi
Old 6th May 2009, 09:28   #312
BHPian

I second the opinion on Sai Iyengar. I urgently needed to go for new tyres as two of the existing ones on my car went Kaput recently. The fact that I'm travelling out of station later today gave me very little time.

I couldnt find Michelin PP2 with any of the dealers in Bangalore except Sai. I had visited Sai last weekend and had spoken to Nithin, we had a good conversation and was quoted Rs.6100 per tyre. I was slated to get it done yesterday, called up Sai and was put through to the other guy. (Ashwin?) And, I was surprised when he jacked up the price to Rs.6200. A call to Nithin, and the guy agreed on the initally quoted price.

So, I get the tyres fitted and was surprised to see balancing and alignment charges of Rs 600 inspite of being promised otherwise initially. And, it doesnt stop there - I'm amused when he insists on adding Rs50 for a bolt he had to replace since one of mine had a split! He winks and says nothing comes free!

I absolutely did not like the total brand experience provided, especially since I work for a Retailer which is a stickler for brand experience!

Overall - I dont recommend this dealer at all!

Last edited by car'zy : 6th May 2009 at 09:30.
Old 6th May 2009, 10:03   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Guys & Nikhilb2008: slightly OT any idea till what time Madhu is open?
We're open till 7:00 pm. We open at 9:00am. Our other shop is open till 8:00 pm though and Sundays half day.
Old 11th May 2009, 21:22   #314
BHPian

I would also recommend Millivision near lalbagh to anyone looking for tyres in this area. They do not do the fitting, but they are pretty professional and they do have huge variety of tyres available..

One of my 2 month/5k km old Potenza GIII tyres went kaput due to a steel rod sticking out of the road in the service lane next to BBQ nation in JP Nagar.

I then went tyre shopping trying to find a replacement on JC road.. Most dealers did not have the Potenza GIII in the 185/70R13 size i required.. One shop person told me that I would need to buy a set of 4 as these tyres do not come in single units.. So I was driving back to office and saw Millivision on the way. They checked price and told me that there would be no problem in getting a single tyre. I had to wait for around 30 mins before the tyre was brought from some other place.. Got the tyre at Vijay Alignment centre in VV Nagar..

-- no1lives4ever
PS: I want to know if the alignment done using the mechnical machines at Vijay alignment is good enough.. I have only gotten wheel alignment done with computerized machines of various types in past..
Old 2nd June 2009, 22:44   #315
BHPian

I bought new tyres for my Inidica Vista today from Super Tyre Tec.

I went to Mr. Prakash, after reading rave reviews about his place here. I wanted Michelin 195/60 R14 Energy XM1+ and I asked him for a quote over the phone before I went there. His price was a full Rs.1000/- less than all others that I had contacted. Feeling extremely happy and excited, when I reach his place, he tells me that he had a wrong price list and the price is indeed what others are quoting(!). How professional is that?! He apologies to me and says he will still give me a better price than all others. And, I believe him.
His is a small little shop in J C Road. He doesn't seem to stock any tyres in his shop, he sources it from some other place. So, it takes for ever to place the order, to get the tyre and finally to fit them on to your car. To make matters worse, the ones that he got from his "dealer"( supposedly the biggest in Bangalore) were a good two years old. He tried to convince me that only that batch(2007) of tyres are available all over Bangalore and using two years old tyres is perfectly okay(is it? I want the knowledgeable ones in the forum to enlighten me on this one). Some how i wasn't too comfortable with that, so I decided to go for 185/65 R14 Energy XM+ in stead.
The best price quoted to me for that tyre was Rs. 3700 each from Sai Iyengar, Lalbagh Road(including VAT, Wheel Balancing) after buying my Goodyear(175/65 R14) stock tyres for Rs. 2050 each. I tell Mr. Prakash about this and he says he can better that offer.
After getting the tyre and fitting them on to my car, when it was finally time for me to pay, Mr. Prakash surprises me by asking Rs.3850 for each. He was supposed to give me better price than any one else remember! When I remind him about that, he agrees to give them to me for Rs.3700 each. All the while making me feel that he is really doing me a very big "favour". All this tamasha had taken a full 3 1/2 hours already and I was starving( I had gone there directly from work without lunch) and was in no mood to haggle any more. I paid him Rs. 8420/- for 5 tyres after buying back my stocks(plus 2% credit card charges.. can you believe it!) and returned home feeling stupid and not at all feeling that I have been given good service.
This is my experience only. I have nothing against any body. I just wanted to share my experience here. Probably I am just unlucky, probably Mr. Prakash was having one his bad days at work... I don't know.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks