Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 14:38   #286
BHPian

Any recommendation for getting a rim bend repaired? My Safari hit a pothole on an edge; the rim got bent and lost its air...

Called up Madhus @ JC Road. They say that they can't do this repair for Safari-sized tyres.

Please help me out !!!
Old 23rd March 2009, 22:37   #287
Ice
BHPian

Anil,

There's a Good Year shop on New BEL Road (near Ramaiyya College). The guy is very good. He fixed a bent alloy on my dad's Skoda a few months ago. To get to him, take a right at the Sadashivanagar Police station, onto BEL road. Drive around 3 kms (pass Ramaiyya College and 2 big gas stations). It comes up on the left near an optics store, just opposite a grocery store (More, I think)
Old 24th March 2009, 08:02   #288
BHPian

Thanks Ice.

Does this guy remove the bend manually? Also, I was wondering if I can find a place near to my residence or office - Sarjapur Road or Indira Nagar. If I can't find any, I'll definitely go to the place you mentioned.

Thanks a lot.
Old 31st March 2009, 23:15   #289
BHPian

I'm looking for a new tyre to replace one of my 155/65R13 Bridgestone S322 tyre on Wagon R. The existing tyre has got a hole on the inner sidewall.

Can someone suggest me a good bridgestone tyre model that can be purchased as a replacement one? Since all other tyres are of the above type, I'm looking for a matching one. Also suggest me the current price along with the shops that I can purchase the same in Bangalore.

(I have checked this thread - want to know the recent suggestions)
Old 1st April 2009, 08:18   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuks View Post
I'm looking for a new tyre to replace one of my 155/65R13 Bridgestone S322 tyre on Wagon R. The existing tyre has got a hole on the inner sidewall.

Can someone suggest me a good bridgestone tyre model that can be purchased as a replacement one? Since all other tyres are of the above type, I'm looking for a matching one. Also suggest me the current price along with the shops that I can purchase the same in Bangalore.

(I have checked this thread - want to know the recent suggestions)
You are using the worst tyre from Bridgestone? Anything you buy will be better than S322. Why do you want the same brand?

You can try Michelins XM1+. It is better.
Still if you are inclined to Bridgestones then go for Turanzas (or is Potenza GIII available at that size, i dont know?)

see my PM
Abhi
Old 1st April 2009, 19:47   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
You can try Michelins XM1+. It is better.
Still if you are inclined to Bridgestones then go for Turanzas (or is Potenza GIII available at that size, i dont know?)

see my PM

Thank you Abhi. I will try the options that you suggested.
Old 2nd April 2009, 23:10   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Abhi. I will try the options that you suggested.
XM1 is a good option. Even better is the Michelin Primacy LC. I have put them on my ANHC and it is amazing. The noise levels are way lower than XM1 and ride quality is amazing.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:49   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
Even better is the Michelin Primacy LC.
The noise levels are way lower than XM1 and ride quality is amazing.
Thank you for the suggestion. I will have a look at both these tyres. Since I'm going for only single tyre change, not sure how the noise/ride quality will be felt. I will also try to get this comparison done by the tyre shop guys too.

The priority for me is that the tyre should withstand the potholes. In every trip, I do encounter some 20 - 25 kms of real bad streatches of road.
Old 5th April 2009, 23:21   #294

Replace tyre and alloys for fiesta TDI ZXI

Planning to go for a new set of tyres and alloys (original is OEM tyre and steel rim) for my Fiesta TDI ZXI. Please suggest the whole package (tyre size and alloys) and a dependable shop in blr.
Old 5th April 2009, 23:44   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion. I will have a look at both these tyres. Since I'm going for only single tyre change, not sure how the noise/ride quality will be felt. I will also try to get this comparison done by the tyre shop guys too.

The priority for me is that the tyre should withstand the potholes. In every trip, I do encounter some 20 - 25 kms of real bad streatches of road.
I suggest you stick to whatever you have now. One tyre of one make and 3 of a different make are not really recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj127 View Post
Planning to go for a new set of tyres and alloys (original is OEM tyre and steel rim) for my Fiesta TDI ZXI. Please suggest the whole package (tyre size and alloys) and a dependable shop in blr.
You can go for 185/60 R14 A drive or 185/65 R14 XM1+, 195/60 R14 XM1+, etc in that size. That is assuming you want to upsize. If you want to keep the same size, you can do that too. Get Yokohama or Michelin or Continental in 175/65 R14.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 5th April 2009 at 23:51.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:27   #296
BHPian

Please suggest me a good tyre shop for Notrogen filling near to Koramangala, Bangalore. I have already filled Nitrogen in all the tyres for Safari from Kerala, this is only for checking the pressure and Topup.
Old 8th April 2009, 18:52   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I suggest you stick to whatever you have now. One tyre of one make and 3 of a different make are not really recommended.
Yup. That's what I thought too. Thank you.

I bought the same tyre from "Bridgestone select" store in ORR near Marathahalli (Kadubisanahalli). The 155/65/R13 S322 costed 2.6K including the tube. Did not try much bargaining.
Old 26th April 2009, 20:34   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Please suggest me a good tyre shop for Notrogen filling near to Koramangala, Bangalore. I have already filled Nitrogen in all the tyres for Safari from Kerala, this is only for checking the pressure and Topup.
There is one at the HP bunk on the Whitefield road (next to Cosmos mall). This not very close to Koramangala but its not a long drive either. Shortest route is via Sarjapur-Marathahalli outer ring road.
Old 26th April 2009, 20:42   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Well Dieselfan, looks like that outlet of Sai Iyengar is not upto the mark. The Indiranagar store is an entirely different story, though. It has very modern and new equipment for wheel balancing and wheel alignment. I felt more comfortable getting my wheel alignment/balancing there, than in the A.S.S.
Ok just saw this, and I must say that the Indiranagar outlet is pathetic. They took their own sweet time, were pretty rude, didn't give me a proper itemized bill, and then had the audacity to demand a tip. Addedly, I later discovered that they had pretty much destroyed one wheel lug, which I had to get changed. Horrible experience, never going back there, and would not recommend it to anyone else either.

And I didn't even get one of these membership cards or whatever.
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:24   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ok just saw this, and I must say that the Indiranagar outlet is pathetic. They took their own sweet time, were pretty rude, didn't give me a proper itemized bill, and then had the audacity to demand a tip. Addedly, I later discovered that they had pretty much destroyed one wheel lug, which I had to get changed. Horrible experience, never going back there, and would not recommend it to anyone else either.

And I didn't even get one of these membership cards or whatever.
When did you go to this plac? IIRC, the membership cards were introduced recently and only in their Bannerghata Road shop as it is the new one.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks