Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2009, 19:39   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Cool Anand you finally got the tyres. How are they? Ride and Handling?

I got the alignment and balancing done from Madhus today. Pretty good experience with Nikhil taking care personally.

I also left my credit card with Nikhil. lol.
YUP! You are the dream customer. Not only did you not haggle, you gave me your credit card for me to enjoy. Dinner tonight is on you. Thanks buddy!

@Deepak -- Tyre Professionals is also ours. That has been managed by my mom for the past 18 years. Madhus on Langford Road is the first shop my dad set up in 1981. So, both shops are owned by us. I dont own anything though . It's all my parents'. I'm still in the process of learning A LOT!

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 16th March 2009 at 19:49.
Old 16th March 2009, 19:44   #272
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil, how about a round of tbhp stickers for all of us, courtesy vid
Old 16th March 2009, 19:45   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Nikhil, how about a round of tbhp stickers for all of us, courtesy vid
That's all? I thought we could do much more. Let's ALL buy Live For Speed and play online regularly. Vid can join us too. I'll buy him a copy too!

All Bangalore guys are invited to Leela Palace tonight for a dinner party!
Old 16th March 2009, 21:37   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Cool Anand you finally got the tyres. How are they? Ride and Handling?

I got the alignment and balancing done from Madhus today. Pretty good experience with Nikhil taking care personally.

I also left my credit card with Nikhil. lol.
It was very nice meeting you Vid today, also thanks for making my choice simpler. Tyres seem to be great as of now. I feel handling has improved phenomenally compared to my stock but the ride has improved to a lesser extent though that was what I had expected. However, there was one other big change I noticed, the wheels roll more freely than before, so probably mileage should improve.

I was so excited about getting new tyres that I couldnt stop driving at all today.
Old 18th March 2009, 14:42   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Small cuts on the inside of the tyre, same on the outside. Bulges after the tyre is fitted but before you drive out from the shop. No nylon cords or steel belt showing anywhere. Beading should be perfect. Shouldnt be slightly torn or anything.

Date of manufacture. It is usually a 4 digit code like 4908. Meaning 49th week of 2008. If it's a 2009 date, then even better.

Check the tube for small patches, neck should be proper. Shouldnt be weak. Make sure the tube is original MRF. Tube might bulge unnaturally when inflated outside the tyre but this normal. Dont worry abt it. Make sure the tube isnt punctured. Get it checked in water.
Thanks Nikhil!

I got it done last saturday. So far so good. But got to know on some threads that ZVTS has been discontinued by MRF, coz of some issues. Is this true ? Are there any issues with this particular product ? Now on hindsight , feel should have looked into some other brand/product.
Old 18th March 2009, 15:01   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

No no! That is utter bull$#!t. ZVTS is still being made. Just that in some sizes supplies are less to dealers. Dont worry abt it. ZVTS is not dying anytime soon.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2009, 16:38   #277
Team-BHP Support

So i guess you are the fair chap who monitors the guys @ Madhu's on certain days. Next time will say hi to ya, dont worry wont haggle for a deal lol but would like to understand more about that wheel aligner's working.

Quote:
YUP! You are the dream customer. Not only did you not haggle, you gave me your credit card for me to enjoy. Dinner tonight is on you. Thanks buddy!

@Deepak -- Tyre Professionals is also ours. That has been managed by my mom for the past 18 years. Madhus on Langford Road is the first shop my dad set up in 1981. So, both shops are owned by us. I dont own anything though . It's all my parents'. I'm still in the process of learning A LOT!
Old 18th March 2009, 19:18   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So i guess you are the fair chap who monitors the guys @ Madhu's on certain days. Next time will say hi to ya, dont worry wont haggle for a deal lol but would like to understand more about that wheel aligner's working.
Fair chap? My mom would disagree as she says I've tanned a lot in the past few years!

If you mean the fat chap, then you are spot on! Please do say Hi to me next time. Would love to meet you. T-BHPians rarely need to haggle! I would love to explain the working of the wheel aligner!
Old 20th March 2009, 12:30   #279
BANNED

Quote:
No no! That is utter bull$#!t. ZVTS is still being made. Just that in some sizes supplies are less to dealers. Dont worry abt it. ZVTS is not dying anytime soon.
Interesting. I got a pair of ZVTS for the Indica fronts in late 2006. When I went to replace the rears & spare in Jan 2007, the dealer in Chennai, Lal on Lloyds Road, told me ZVTS had been discontinued and ZTX had taken its place.

On the topic, I have no hesitation in recommending Madhus on Langford Road. Although I didn't have the privilege of meeting Nikhil . One observation though - I think the tyre pressure gauges are slightly off the mark or the good chaps there overinflate the newly fitted tyres.

Quote:
For Indica, ZTX is the only one.
Makes sense now - thank you.

Quote:
If you filled normal air, it is possible your tyres were overinflated. Sorry about that.The one connected to the normal air inflator is definitely defective.
Thank you again - it was normal air and from the inflator you have mentioned. Please get the new gauges at the earliest - it will make a visit to your shop even more pleasurable.

I normally cross verify with 2 other petrol bunks across Bangalore & Madras . The new Shell outlet near Mekhri Circle also has its gauge off the mark - will post this in the Shell thread as well.

Last edited by hrag : 20th March 2009 at 12:46.
Old 20th March 2009, 12:35   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Interesting. I got a pair of ZVTS for the Indica fronts in late 2006. When I went to replace the rears & spare in Jan 2007, the dealer in Chennai, Lal on Lloyds Road, told me ZVTS had been discontinued and ZTX had taken its place.

On the topic, I have no hesitation in recommending Madhus on Langford Road. Although I didn't have the privilege of meeting Nikhil . One observation though - I think the tyre pressure gauges are slightly off the mark or the good chaps there overinflate the newly fitted tyres.
For Indica, ZTX is the only one. ZVTS is still being produced(or so they say), but zero supplies. We also have only the ZTXs for sale.

About the tyre gauges, it's a WIP. We are in the process of replacing ALL gauges with digital ones. If you filled normal air, it is possible your tyres were overinflated. Sorry about that. But I'm aware about it and whenever I'm there, I make sure they use another gauge to check the air pressure.

There are three gauges and two of them are accurate. The one connected to the normal air inflator is definitely defective.
Old 20th March 2009, 12:45   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
...On the topic, I have no hesitation in recommending Madhus on Langford Road. Although I didn't have the privilege of meeting Nikhil ...
+1 to that, both of the statements.

I used to work in an IT company just down the road from Tyre Professionals and this was the closest place for me. Been there even before T-BHP & Nikhil happened and the service was such that I kept going back.

Post T-BHP & Nikhil, the service is even better.
Old 20th March 2009, 12:51   #282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
About the tyre gauges, it's a WIP. We are in the process of replacing ALL gauges with digital ones.
Good move Nikhil. Always wondered why tire manufacturers dont gift you guys some good quality digital gauges.

I always fill up my tires before i come in, coz i also am not sure about the guages. Will avoid me pain of swapping PSI of Front and Rear tires from outside for my swift, during rotation and balancing.

Call us paranoid!
Old 20th March 2009, 13:00   #283
Senior - BHPian

Yes, even I visit Madhus @ Langford Road for WA, WB & WR, am happy with their service.
Old 20th March 2009, 13:10   #284
BHPian

for bangalore north people i guess shiva's near ramaiah hospital and new bel road is good.
i changed the tyres on my zen and baleno there only. experience was good. but he is a bridgestone select dealer.. only bridgestone tyres.
Old 20th March 2009, 13:37   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
+1 to that, both of the statements.

I used to work in an IT company just down the road from Tyre Professionals and this was the closest place for me. Been there even before T-BHP & Nikhil happened and the service was such that I kept going back.

Post T-BHP & Nikhil, the service is even better.
Thank you! I will be sure to pass on your words to our team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Good move Nikhil. Always wondered why tire manufacturers dont gift you guys some good quality digital gauges.

I always fill up my tires before i come in, coz i also am not sure about the guages. Will avoid me pain of swapping PSI of Front and Rear tires from outside for my swift, during rotation and balancing.

Call us paranoid!
Not paranoid! Someone who cares abt their tyres is what I would call you. Being someone with an eye on specifics, I know exactly what you mean. I'm hell bent on making sure the gauges and everything else is perfect. Once we get the new gauges, you can rest assured, you dont need to do anything yourself.

I wish the tyre companies were so generous!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks