Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2009, 14:08   #256
BHPian

Hot tracks, has wide verity of collections and you name anything in the world he will source it for you. My experience with him has been always been good, but as every one says he is expensive when compared to others. He had an amazing unique design blank key for Honda City, but I had something else in my mind so dropped the plan of buying it.

You can even try Pit stop (Magrath Road), who has some good collections of alloys.
Old 12th March 2009, 12:46   #257
BHPian

Fair price tyre shops in JC Road ?

Folks,

I am looking out for MRF ZVTS 145/80 R12 tyres for my alto. Could you please let me know what might be the reasonable price for the same, and where can i source them in JC road ?

As i reside in JP Nagar, JC road is the closest option. So please suggest some decent shops out here. I would also get the wheels aligned.

Thanks.
Old 12th March 2009, 20:14   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Folks,

I am looking out for MRF ZVTS 145/80 R12 tyres for my alto. Could you please let me know what might be the reasonable price for the same, and where can i source them in JC road ?

As i reside in JP Nagar, JC road is the closest option. So please suggest some decent shops out here. I would also get the wheels aligned.

Thanks.
Instead of going to JC Road, you could go to the new Sai Iyenger on Banerghatta Road. It is near the SBI Banerghatta Road. Great Prices and great offers for tubeless (3Nitrogens/3Punctures/3 alignments/3 balances for Rs600 valid for a year). Nithin is the guy around there and is much better when compared with other dealers who are after your wallet.
Old 13th March 2009, 14:37   #259
BHPian

Stock tyres of MRF ZVTS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
Instead of going to JC Road, you could go to the new Sai Iyenger on Banerghatta Road. It is near the SBI Banerghatta Road. Great Prices and great offers for tubeless (3Nitrogens/3Punctures/3 alignments/3 balances for Rs600 valid for a year). Nithin is the guy around there and is much better when compared with other dealers who are after your wallet.
Thanks Nayyar,

I spoke to nitin, and he has offered me a deal on MRF stock tyres left out with him. According to him it has done max of 100kms. Would there be any issues ? He is quoting 1200/tyre for the same. Is it a good deal ?
Old 13th March 2009, 16:09   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
This looks like a good deal. Are the equipments new in this workshop? Also when you meant 3- nitrogens (it means 3 times filling of nitrogen for 5 tyres) and 3 balances also means 3 sets I presume.

Nikhil (if he sees this thread - I am sure he will)- Would like to hear your comment on how this deal is so good and yet those folks make profits? (here I am quoting your comment earlier that the tyres maintenance shops make a 2-3% net margins).
Old 13th March 2009, 19:10   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
This looks like a good deal. Are the equipments new in this workshop? Also when you meant 3- nitrogens (it means 3 times filling of nitrogen for 5 tyres) and 3 balances also means 3 sets I presume.

Nikhil (if he sees this thread - I am sure he will)- Would like to hear your comment on how this deal is so good and yet those folks make profits? (here I am quoting your comment earlier that the tyres maintenance shops make a 2-3% net margins).
You are right. I did see this thread!

Personally, I dont know what sort of equipment they are using, so I cannot comment(even if I did, I wouldnt! Nitin's a really nice person and I wouldnt like to comment something against his new venture publicly knowing how bloody hard it is.). Also, that Bannerghata Road shop is a new one. So, even I would do something like this to promote the place and get people to come there in the first place! You will see something similar from me in the coming months .

I think that shop is also an MPP (Michelin Priority Partner). So, I'm guessing the ambience in that shop would be quite good unlike the open air suffocating dust infested J C road shops. This is my assumption because MPPs are supposed to have a certain standard, etc. Of course, there are exceptions but not likely with this shop. Nayyar.Rao can confirm the same.

@Jmaruru --- 1200/- for ZVTs seems decent. Go ahead with it. Just visually check the tyre before confirming though.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 13th March 2009 at 19:12.
Old 13th March 2009, 20:30   #262
BHPian

MRF ZVTS stock tyres!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
@Jmaruru --- 1200/- for ZVTs seems decent. Go ahead with it. Just visually check the tyre before confirming though.
Thanks Nikhil!

Obviously this would look new, but is there anything particular i need to check upon, before i confirm the deal.
Old 13th March 2009, 22:25   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Small cuts on the inside of the tyre, same on the outside. Bulges after the tyre is fitted but before you drive out from the shop. No nylon cords or steel belt showing anywhere. Beading should be perfect. Shouldnt be slightly torn or anything.

Date of manufacture. It is usually a 4 digit code like 4908. Meaning 49th week of 2008. If it's a 2009 date, then even better.

Check the tube for small patches, neck should be proper. Shouldnt be weak. Make sure the tube is original MRF. Tube might bulge unnaturally when inflated outside the tyre but this normal. Dont worry abt it. Make sure the tube isnt punctured. Get it checked in water.
Old 14th March 2009, 00:51   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
You are right. I did see this thread!

Personally, I dont know what sort of equipment they are using, so I cannot comment(even if I did, I wouldnt! Nitin's a really nice person and I wouldnt like to comment something against his new venture publicly knowing how bloody hard it is.). Also, that Bannerghata Road shop is a new one. So, even I would do something like this to promote the place and get people to come there in the first place! You will see something similar from me in the coming months .

I think that shop is also an MPP (Michelin Priority Partner). So, I'm guessing the ambience in that shop would be quite good unlike the open air suffocating dust infested J C road shops. This is my assumption because MPPs are supposed to have a certain standard, etc. Of course, there are exceptions but not likely with this shop. Nayyar.Rao can confirm the same.

The ambience is much better when compared to the JC road shops. The equipment is brand new and from "John Bean". Pardon me if i got it wrong. But sounds similar....Nithin gave me a brief intro about his equipment too as i went there on a weekday and there were not many cars except for a constant one per hour and a half pouring in from Kalyani motors. . .I particularly liked the staff there as they scrupulously checked the tyre and matched the outside to the outer side of the wheel (which i have not seen being done on JC road and a live example if my friend's Zen). Morover the guy takes time to explain what you are buying and had answers for all my questions. Yes it is Nitrogen for all 5 and balancing for all 5 and alignment for all 5. He gives you a membership card which tracks your usage. The card is valid in any Sai Iyenger.
Old 16th March 2009, 09:37   #265
BHPian

Thanks Nikhil!!!

Guys,

Yesterday I replaced tyres for my Hyundai Accent at Tyre Professionals near South End circle. Nikhilb2008 owns this shop and he gave me a good deal on 175/70 R13 Bridgestone and nitrogen was pumped free of cost and alignment was done free.

So a lot of thanks to T-BHP and also Nikhil. I would strongly suggest getting in touch with Nikhil if you need any help with tyres.

Regards,
Deepak

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th March 2009 at 16:14. Reason: as requested
Old 16th March 2009, 11:34   #266
BHPian

I have gone to a lot of tyre shops in Bangalore. But I do my shopping at Nikhil's place. Excellent equipment, fast service, very professional and ofcourse I can spend my time chatting with TBHPians most of the time. Another thing is that the waiting area has latest auto mags which I like, most of the time when waiting for the tyre change you really pressed to pass time.

Overall a great experience each and everytime I go back.
Old 16th March 2009, 15:44   #267
BHPian

I too got my set of tyres from Nikhil, excellent service, very quick response as well as great team-bhpian discounts and chit-chatters. It has been my best tyre buying experience till date as well, all thanks to team-bhp and Nikhil.

By the way, I bought Michelin XM1+ for Palio, initial feel on the product is terrific. Nikhil infact spoilt me for choice there, it was great hardwork to choose one brand from so many that he showed, I seriosly can't think of a better place for tyres than Madhus.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:43   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
By the way, I bought Michelin XM1+ for Palio, initial feel on the product is terrific. Nikhil infact spoilt me for choice there, it was great hardwork to choose one brand from so many that he showed, I seriosly can't think of a better place for tyres than Madhus.
grvanand,
I guess you meant Tyre professionals instead of Madhus
Old 16th March 2009, 17:58   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
grvanand,
I guess you meant Tyre professionals instead of Madhus
I went to Madhus Deepak, this is on Langford road, opposite to St. Josephs P.U. College. That too is owned by Nikhil, by the way.
Old 16th March 2009, 18:52   #270
Team-BHP Support

Cool Anand you finally got the tyres. How are they? Ride and Handling?

I got the alignment and balancing done from Madhus today. Pretty good experience with Nikhil taking care personally.

I also left my credit card with Nikhil. lol.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks