Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2008, 23:56   #196
Senior - BHPian

^^What is the date on the price list you're referring to, nikhil?
AFAIK, inflation has hit HARD on tyre prices and every brand has hiked prices in the last week.
Old 2nd August 2008, 23:58   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
That price for the tyres is basically cost price.

Prakash must have been really desperate to sell you the alloys and the tyres. He made Zero percent profit.
Actually he did make quite a decent profit on the alloys Nikhil! This is a new trick quite popular in the market now, sell the tyres at cost/near to cost & make money on the alloys! Nothing surprising there.
Old 3rd August 2008, 00:26   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Ishan, that is what I meant

He made such a good profit on the alloys that he could afford to make zero percent profit on the tyres!!

@Nitrous --- I am aware that the prices have increased. I am referring to the new pricelist w.e.f 1st august 2008. Even with the old price list, 4375 is still impossible if you are in the business of showing a profit at the end of the day.
Old 3rd August 2008, 10:50   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That price for the tyres is basically cost price.

The guy mentioned that he is making a profit of 100 bucks per tyre, but that was his statement.

Quote:
Actually he did make quite a decent profit on the alloys Nikhil! This is a new trick quite popular in the market now, sell the tyres at cost/near to cost & make money on the alloys! Nothing surprising there.
Actually, even I felt so, being a businessman myself, I don't see why anyone shouldn't make a decent profit on the goods they sell, as long it is done in an ethical way and it keeps the buyer happy. End of the day, customer satisfaction is what I would look at.

P.S Pics are at :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...tml#post925570

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 3rd August 2008 at 11:08.
Old 3rd August 2008, 11:59   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Lovely alloys.

About the tyres, unless it's very old stock(which I doubt as you told me it's 1208), no way he can be making a profit unless he brought in the tyres from outside Michelin India.

Supertyretec isnt even an official Michelin dealer.
Old 3rd August 2008, 12:12   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Supertyretec isnt even an official Michelin dealer.
Again, End of the day, customer satisfaction is what I would look at.
Old 3rd August 2008, 12:20   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Please dont take it in a negative manner!!

I'm just saying that I'm still not able to figure out how he got them so cheap!!
Old 3rd August 2008, 12:29   #203
Team-BHP Support

I usually get similar rates from Prakash. He's always a little below the other shops I enquire at.

Are you sure he isn't a michelin dealer. He almost always has the stock and with the india warranty not the grey market stuff. I also remember seeing the michelin dealer certificate inside the shop.

edit: you maybe right since his name isn't on the michelin india site or the website hasn't been updated as general tyres closed down long ago.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd August 2008 at 12:36.
Old 3rd August 2008, 16:01   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Please dont take it in a negative manner!!

I'm just saying that I'm still not able to figure out how he got them so cheap!!
Nikhil, That is what you have to find it out being in the same business.

I too got the best deals when I changed my tyres and I didnot buy alloys from him. I too bought Michelin for Alto last year. I bought the Alloys and he fixed the tyres.

Excellent Customer Service !!

Abhi
Old 3rd August 2008, 22:28   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I usually get similar rates from Prakash. He's always a little below the other shops I enquire at.

Are you sure he isn't a michelin dealer. He almost always has the stock and with the india warranty not the grey market stuff. I also remember seeing the michelin dealer certificate inside the shop.

edit: you maybe right since his name isn't on the michelin india site or the website hasn't been updated as general tyres closed down long ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Nikhil, That is what you have to find it out being in the same business.

I too got the best deals when I changed my tyres and I didnot buy alloys from him. I too bought Michelin for Alto last year. I bought the Alloys and he fixed the tyres.

Excellent Customer Service !!

Abhi
I'm definitely going to find out
Old 3rd August 2008, 23:21   #206
Senior - BHPian

I would say as long as you get good service, competitive prices & personal attention, there is no problem in dealing with whichever dealer you're most comfortable with. For example my regular dealer usually gives me a competitive price but as a freebie he never charges me anything whenever I go in for a puncture repair, alignment or balancing! It's a small thing but does it make me a loyal customer? You bet it does!

It's a small thing but it does ensure that he gets my business every time!
Old 4th August 2008, 07:58   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I For example my regular dealer usually gives me a competitive price but as a freebie he never charges me anything whenever I go in for a puncture repair, alignment or balancing! It's a small thing but does it make me a loyal customer? You bet it does!

It's a small thing but it does ensure that he gets my business every time!

This is a great service. This reminded me of some of the tyre dealers in US. Do we have similar dealers of tyre in Bangalore?
Old 11th September 2008, 11:35   #208
BHPian

Buying Tyres,No Alloys...

Hi Frenz, Firstly lemme thank all you guys for all the indepth answers to the questions posted on this thread (All threads actually).

I looking to put new tyres on my M-Zen LX 2001 bought 3 months ago through a friend. The car was discussed in the following thread with pics (if anyone wants to see my ride before commenting): http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ns-thread.html

I'm very clear on not putting Alloys on my car as i'm planning to use for a year tops. So not looking to spend too much. I'm looking top just put new Tubed (with tube) tyres to the existing rims and have a few question about the same.

1. Most Obvious question what are my option in terms of tyres sizes ? any chance of upgrading from a R12 to R13 keeping the existing rims? Would upsizing make sense since the car has no PowerSteering or effect will it make the handling worse ?? Would i need bigger rims for the upsize to 13inchers??

2. Since i'm adding tubed tyres, dont image the cost being as high as tubeless, so what price range can I look at as a good deal.

3. I using used tyres worth it for a year when my average driving is about 25km/day or shud it be new only?

4. I know 3-4 dealers are discussed to be GOOD for Tubeless Tyres and Wheels but are they equally good for Tubed Tyres if not then where can i get them ??

5. Since so many of our T-Bhpians are updating to Alloys every month, Is it possible cut a deal with anyone willing to sell sparingly used tubed tyres to me ??? anyone knows who's selling them ??

I have found a answers to my questions but then all discussions were with repect to Tubeless tyres and alloys and hence the above questions.

Regards,
Zenster.
Old 11th September 2008, 13:49   #209
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Alloy Wheels for Indica Vista

Planning to change the stock rims on Indica vista Aura(Arctic silver)with 14" alloys. shortlisted the following

AURA

http://www.auraalloywheels.com/Models/H21455.jpg
http://www.auraalloywheels.com/Models/G21455-1.jpg

Lowest Price quoted was E series 17100, G &H series 19360 (set of 5 alloys) + Rs 500 installation. No exchange of stock rims
TATA quoted 18000 (4 ) and 22.5 for 5

Neo Wheels Sunrise and Ice models silver/black finish 18500 +750 for installation, Chrome finish 24K

Which one will look better and any other Neo dealers ( i contacted one Mr Suraj of Auto shoppe referred to me ny Neo wheels at Koramangala

Neo come with life time warranty where as Aura one year warranty

Suggestions please

Last edited by rkg : 11th September 2008 at 13:52.
Old 11th September 2008, 16:00   #210
Senior - BHPian

Tyre shops in Bangalore

Hi,

I recently got to check 2 tyre shops in Blore.

1. Millivisions Marketing Pvt Ltd.
This shop sells Yokohama tyres and Michellins too. They have a wide variety. When I enquired for Yokohama 195/55/R15 price quoted was Rs.4300/- a tyre [without any bargaining].

2. Super Tyre Tech
This shop has Yokohamas, imported Bridgestones and Maxxis tyres, Michelins [don't think he is authorised for this]. Also stocks P&W alloys and Lenso alloys [is authorised reseller of Lenso, sells with B&W]

goodluck.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks