Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 20:01   #136
Senior - BHPian

Hi soumo,
Its Bridgestone potenza GIII which is the top quality sporty and high performance tires from that brand, Michelin i am not sure of the series etc, there are lot of members here using michelin, so someone could comment on it.

If you dont hav PS, then I doubt if you need to upgrade to a broader tire, becuase PS is one of the most important features that go hand in hand with a broader tire as far as I understand from my friends. Mostly it could be a link between the ease of steering and the size of tires that gives a better result.

'Flying Eagle' is not that popular brand here so its tough to decide on the quality and durability opinions from users. I opted for League cheaper than FE ( 2700 per piece). They have a wide variety to choose from Aluminium/Chrome/Hyper Silver/ Black etc. I know a Car Shringar (Vikram's shop) opposite to Lifestyle (near garuda mall), not aware of one at JC road. He has most of the brands in stock, will give you a better pricing too.
Old 21st June 2007, 21:09   #137
Senior - BHPian

so have the per tyre prices changed from 2700 to about 3500 now? this thread is 1 year old already. after reading these posts i m planning to visit sai iyengars for tyres, let me see how much they quote.

Srik
Old 22nd June 2007, 22:20   #138
BHPian

Hi;
Thx for all the responses. I am planning to go for 155/65 or 155/70 with alloy wheels. i guess upgrading from 145/70 to 155 will not make much of a difference. Also from which shop did u buy the League Alloys, if you can pls mention. Thx in advance.
Old 23rd June 2007, 12:51   #139
Senior - BHPian

Hi soumo, I got my league from shiva tires (Anil Grover) on New BEL Road, opposite to barrista coffee (beside the petrol bunk). Lot of members had not liked the attitude of this guy, but I bothered only about the price and avilability, ignored the personality of the owner etc. I compared the prices at car shringar, few shops at residency road, JC road, RT nagar and another one opp to M S R hospital too. Rs.2700/- per piece is what I got in May 2007, so its not an old pricing. First you have to choose what model you want from the league site and then ask for the quote with the serial number of the alloy. Thats the easy way. Here is the link LEAGUE Alloy Co., Ltd
Old 23rd June 2007, 19:18   #140
Senior - BHPian

Hey thats right way Shajufx I liked your approach If we approach with valid inputs they will give quote and then we can bargain/ decide.

Ravi.
Old 23rd June 2007, 22:05   #141
BHPian

Hi Shajufx;
Thanks for all the details. Will try to visit some shops and narrow down on the Alloys.Did you buy 4 or 5 Alloys,i guess i will most probably go in for 4 instead of 5,what say?
Old 24th June 2007, 12:58   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
If we approach with valid inputs they will give quote and then we can bargain/ decide.

Ravi.
So as per you the others who went there are complete noobs with no idea of what we wanted ? . Any takers?
Old 25th June 2007, 11:54   #143
BHPian

Hi all,

Am not sure, if this is discussed in the forum, I had two questions:

1. Is there a good dealer/tyre shop in the southern part of Bangalore? (e.g. Jayanagar/JP Nagar/BTM areas?)

2. I am looking at some kind of an expert (may be a good service station guy) who can help me in choosing the right kind of upsize for my car (based on type of car, based on my usage, based on my needs etc). Is there anyone with whom I can discuss this in Bangalore (again preferably in Southern part).

Moderator, if this is a duplicate question, please drop this.

Indian
Old 25th June 2007, 13:33   #144
Senior - BHPian

Indian, please post what car you own, your requirements and your budget. Am sure you will recieve umpteen number of responses.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:19   #145
BANNED

Last saturday went to Auto Fusion Kormangala, nice guy understands customers demand, seen alloys, hed unit, spekers and also some after market stuff like Xenon lamps for Swift, tail lamp just like Swift Sports, Custom door solutions, rear Viper etc but the prices are on higher side, he asked 21500 for set of 5 League alloys, 4100 for 195/60-R15 Yoko, Stock Tire with under 100 KM run will get 500 only as a exchange, Xenon lamp with sports head light unit 17K, tail light unit 11k.
I think i have to search more for better bargain.
Old 25th June 2007, 17:28   #146
Senior - BHPian

I have visited couple of tyre showrooms(Balaji, Avinash) on JC road and I got a feeling they were not too interested to talk to me, I took leave. Have been dealing with SAI Iyengar since then, and it has been a nice experience.

Avinash suggested Michelin Pilot Precedas, but it does not come in 185/70 R14, so I settled for XM1's. Have not bought it yet, (car yet to reach), but visited his showroom ans asked him to keep a set ready for me.
Old 25th June 2007, 18:20   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Indian, please post what car you own, your requirements and your budget. Am sure you will recieve umpteen number of responses.
I own Aveo - 1.6LT, with ABS. I drive about 30 KMs daily, with atleast 8 to 10 KMs on village roads (or no roads, with too much of bumpy rides). My limit is around 20 to 25K to upsize the car tyre to give a good road grip without troubling the suspension of vehicle or affecting the brakes etc. Am not sure, if there will be any problem with ABS, by upsizing the tyre? Not sure. So, I was looking at a service station OR a showroom who has good idea about tyres, grips & the one which is suitable for me. I guess I have to rule out alloy wheels also, considering the bad patches of road I ride on?
Old 25th June 2007, 20:41   #148
Senior - BHPian

rjstyles in general what I mean is most of these car shop people don't talk much or give wrong info. If we don't give the stuffs we need they won't give proper information

There is lot of difference between person to person about telling the requirement.

Also most of the shop people push the brand which they make more profit.
So the one we ask they won't recommand if that won't create better profit or in the past that shop owner might had bad experience with the distributor.

Ravi.
Old 25th June 2007, 20:52   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
1. Is there a good dealer/tyre shop in the southern part of Bangalore? (e.g. Jayanagar/JP Nagar/BTM areas?)

2. I am looking at some kind of an expert (may be a good service station guy) who can help me in choosing the right kind of upsize for my car (based on type of car, based on my usage, based on my needs etc). Is there anyone with whom I can discuss this in Bangalore (again preferably in Southern part).
1. Yes there is.

2. Yes there is.
Old 25th June 2007, 21:02   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
1. Yes there is.

2. Yes there is.
Thanks Viper, I knew that you would know about this. Can you please let me know the dealer/service station & its address.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks