Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 16:42   #1

Got Bridgestone MY01 for my Linea Emotion MJD

After much study and confusion about which tyres to go for, the Bridgestone MY01 were finally the "Chosen One"s

Some background . . .

I was actually very much inclined towards going in for the Michelin Primacy LC as they were very much placed as THE tyres for a luxury segment and were known to provide a very comfortable and silent ride.
However, looking at the complaints, speculations and arguements stating that Michelin car tyres are not made for indian roads and also after seeing some actual tyre damage images on the internet, I had to let go of my fascination towards Primacy LC.

The other options that I were given earlier by other tyre dealers were Bridgestone's Potenza G3, ER600 and B250. I actually found out later that b250's cont have the size for Linea - dunno why the dealer suggested them.

The Decision. . .

One of my friend recommended Kulkarni Tyres on Paud Road Pune. He has 3 showrooms along the same road and has dealerships of multiple tyres. I actually saw almost all tyre brands that I could think of.
Mr. Kulkarni himself was in touch with me over phone on Friday when I was planning to get the job done over the weekend.
On Sunday morning, I went to his shop and he showed me the MY1 01 tyre. . . It instantly won me over.
On observing it closer, here is what I found.
1. It has a sports-like uni-directional treads. Means tyres on the right have to stay on the right side
and vice versa.
2. It appeared to be much wider and were filling the wheel arches much better than the stock GT3s. (I
compared the pictures of my car when it was brand new to the one I took now.)
3. The sidewall was stronger near the treads and got softer towards the rim. (maybe it is constructed in this way to avoid cuts to sidewalls on indian road conditions)

Information, pictures and experience

Model - Bridgestome MY01.
Price - Rs.4950/- per corner (inclusive of Balancing)
FREE - Wheel Alignment and a lousy travel kit from Bridgestone (with a deodorant and a small towel).

Linea with MY01s installed. . .
Got Bridgestone MY01 for my Linea Emotion MJD-newtyre11.jpg
Got Bridgestone MY01 for my Linea Emotion MJD-newtyre2.jpg

A closer look at tread.
Got Bridgestone MY01 for my Linea Emotion MJD-newtyre3.jpg

The result of the change is:
- Better ride quality
- Extreley low rumbling tread noise and lower feedback from tyres on minor broken patches of road. - -
Steering response has improved slightly
- Grip has improved drastically (bound to happen as GT3s had almost expired).

Most important change that I have noticed.
Normally on my way to office, there is a ~5km patch on highway between Sus and Hinjewadi. Normally my Linea indicates a figure around 24kmpl on the MID. Today, it has shown max of 33.4kmpl.
Got Bridgestone MY01 for my Linea Emotion MJD-averageendofhighway.jpg

At the end of my trip to my ofice where I have to drive on the internal hinjewadi traffic-filled streets for around 10kms, the reading at the company gate is normally around 17.0 - 17.5kmpl. Today it was 19.2 kmpl.
Got Bridgestone MY01 for my Linea Emotion MJD-averageatofficegate.jpg

I bought these even though there was not much information available on these on whether these are a good or a bad buy. . but then I think that is why I ended up buying them. . . hope they serve me well. .

regards,
Sudhanshu.
SudhanshuSD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 23:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Got Bridgestone MY01 for my Linea Emotion MJD

Been always a fan of Bridgestone for the past 9 years. The one i like is Turanza or ER60.

in its three year life span i didn't had a single puncture and you can imagine the road condition of Rajasthan, no not the quadrilateral, but the rest of the village roads.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 19:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hope the mods don't find this too OT but here is a good ad that should tell you more about these tyres

bottle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 17:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Bridgestone MY01

Saw this today on a Punto and was surprised to see a new model. Some pix
Attached Thumbnails
Got Bridgestone MY01 for my Linea Emotion MJD-img2012040400013.jpg  

Got Bridgestone MY01 for my Linea Emotion MJD-img2012040400012.jpg  

Old 4th April 2012, 18:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

This retails at a slightly cheaper price compared to G3 and Bridgestone is offering them under their imported range. Almost 10 sizes are available in this pattern including 195/60 R 15 seen here on Punto.

Last edited by BANDHAV : 4th April 2012 at 18:02.
Old 12th December 2012, 15:09   #6

Can you pls share updated review???

Hi Sudhanshu,

Could you pls update the review of MY01 tires? (effect of changed tires on handling, straight line braking, lateral stability, any change in comfort levels on chandni chowk to hinjewadi, tire noise, most importantly change in kmpl)

I've an Indica Vista TDi (first version with 175/65 r14 tires, not the current offering) and on the verge of changing tires in near future. Also, I am sailing in the same boat as you (chandni chowk to hinjewadi), so is the request to you.

Regards,
Suhas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pulsar 150 - 2006 - 19995kms - 55kmpl
Indica Vista TDi - 2009 - 38900kms - ~16-18kmpl
Old 12th December 2012, 18:14   #7
BHPian

Re: Can you pls share updated review???

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_pm View Post
Hi Sudhanshu,

Could you pls update the review of MY01 tires? (effect of changed tires on handling, straight line braking, lateral stability, any change in comfort levels on chandni chowk to hinjewadi, tire noise, most importantly change in kmpl)

I've an Indica Vista TDi (first version with 175/65 r14 tires, not the current offering) and on the verge of changing tires in near future. Also, I am sailing in the same boat as you (chandni chowk to hinjewadi), so is the request to you.

Regards,
Suhas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pulsar 150 - 2006 - 19995kms - 55kmpl
Indica Vista TDi - 2009 - 38900kms - ~16-18kmpl
Hi suhas_pm
I am using this Bridgestone MY01 Sports Tourier(185/60/R14) for the last 1 year and my analysis as follows.

Pros I found

1)Good Grip on all conditions.
2)Tyre never skids even on panic breaking unless on a sand or gravel(ABS can make a difference here).This includes straight line breaking as well.

3)handling improved a lot and cornering as well. I drive every weekend to my native on Ghat roads and found extremely helpful on wet and dry conditions.

4)Fuel consumption ,no noticeable change compared to my OEM Goodyear 175/70/R13.

5)Stability is far or less same compared to OEM tyres. I drive a FORD IKON, so did not bother about this.

6)High Speed durability. Driven at around 150 KM/Hr and tested.

Cons I found

Little noisy compared to Michelin XM1/XM2.

Uni-directional.

Need consistent WA after 4000-5000 KMS depending on your drive. Or else chance are there for tyre uneven wear.Then it will be difficult to rotate the tyre.
BinFord is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 18:37   #8

Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks

Thank you a ton BinFord! I really appreciate level of detail in your reply.

How does it feel running lower profile tires now (depth reduced from 122mm to 111mm)? At the same speed, do the same potholes feel more transmitted to the suspension/car body after changing the tires?

Also, could you please comment on the following 2 options I'm looking for, which one you think I should go for:

widthaspectdepthradiusraduis (mm)total radiusmy current tires17565113.7514355.6469.35current offering by TATA17570122.513330.2452.7option 118565120.2514355.6475.85option 21856011114355.6466.6

Regards and thank you in advance!
Suhas

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th December 2012 at 21:28. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 13:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_pm View Post
Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors. Also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks

Thank you a ton BinFord! I really appreciate level of detail in your reply.

How does it feel running lower profile tires now (depth reduced from 122mm to 111mm)? At the same speed, do the same potholes feel more transmitted to the suspension/car body after changing the tires?
Regards and thank you in advance!
Suhas
Hi suhas_pm

On your query on the profile changes, Yes there is slight change in the comfort where I can feel more of roads and potholes. But it does not’ make much difference if you drive an EPS. Mine is a pure hydraulic one.

Also I doubt this tyre is available in 175 series as the guy at Tyre shop told me it starts from 185.I am using 185/60/R14 since I changed the rims from R13 to R14.So if you stick on with this tyre I would say you can go for 185/60/R14

Check actual correction here

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm
BinFord is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 09:34   #10
BHPian

Bridgestone My-01 is discontinued, this is replaced by My-02 ,covered 2000kms since November on these tyres on potholes bangalore roads including a trip to mysore.
Got these fitted on Fabia in stock profile 185-60 R 14.
Tyres are good in wet as well as in dry conditions , Extremely silent , good at cornering.
Milage has improved slightly after the change from stock Matador tyres from slovakia.
These are not as soft as Michelin XM1+ which I had earlier so chance of sidewall damage is less.
The My-02 grooves are of 3 D blocks and are good for draining water, except they are uni-directional.
Old 31st December 2012, 12:19   #11
BHPian

I also fitted Bridgestone MY-02 on my Linea. The ride seems improved but noticable reduction in tyre noise during driving. Long term reliability needs to be accessed. It costed me 5600Rs per tyre.
Old 16th January 2013, 14:10   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
Bridgestone My-01 is discontinued, this is replaced by My-02 ,covered 2000kms since November on these tyres on potholes bangalore roads including a trip to mysore.
Got these fitted on Fabia in stock profile 185-60 R 14.
Tyres are good in wet as well as in dry conditions , Extremely silent , good at cornering.
Milage has improved slightly after the change from stock Matador tyres from slovakia.
These are not as soft as Michelin XM1+ which I had earlier so chance of sidewall damage is less.
The My-02 grooves are of 3 D blocks and are good for draining water, except they are uni-directional.

Thanks for that mini review Fabiaous! Could you please share the price at which you purchased the MY-02?

Even I am looking to change from 195/60 R14 GoodYear Eagle F1 GSD2 that are currently doing service on my Palio 1.6 Sport. I have narrowed down to either MRF ZLO in 195/60 size or Bridgestone MY-02 in 185/60.

However, while there are rave reviews on the ZLO, not many have tried the MY-02 pattern from Bridgestone.
Old 3rd December 2013, 14:46   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SudhanshuSD View Post
After much study and confusion about which tyres to go for, the Bridgestone MY01 were finally the "Chosen One"s
Update to my originating post:

Now at 78,000+ Kms th MY01 have given me a life of around 42,000kms. Which I feel is pretty nice considering how grippy these tyres are!!!

Now, all 4 Tyres have gone BALD but still they are offering immense grip. Surprisingly even light gravel does not impact braking performance..

I have gone ahead and ordered for MY02 as I am extremely pleased with my MY01s.

Will update when I get the new ones installed.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 3rd December 2013 at 15:18. Reason: Please do not quote an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen readers.
SudhanshuSD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2013, 18:39   #14

After MY01 now MY02 installed on my Linea Emotion MJD

Got MY02 Installed today. Tyres look and feel good. First impressions are they perform similar to MY01s.
Will post pictures soon...
SudhanshuSD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks