Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2009, 07:47   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Switch Bhai, I would suggest you stick to 14" given your considerations. If money is not an issue, then 15" without a second thought.
Old 19th April 2009, 14:25   #587
BHPian

Guys,
Please help me out in selecting new tires for my Swift. Its running on stock still. I am looking for 195/60/15 sets.
Please help me decide among Michelin and Yoko tires.
I ride mainly in city and on long trips once a month.

Also I would like to know which alloys are good. I dont have much idea about what to look for when selecting alloys.
Old 19th April 2009, 21:48   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _abhishek View Post
Guys,
Please help me out in selecting new tires for my Swift. Its running on stock still. I am looking for 195/60/15 sets.
I ride mainly in city and on long trips once a month.

Also I would like to know which alloys are good. I dont have much idea about what to look for when selecting alloys.
abhishek you cant go wrong with either of the brands. i guess michelin will be a bit on the higher side as compared with yokohama. michelin will last a little longer.

when searching for alloys, u need to get the right PCD and offset. if my memory serves me right, PCD for swift is 38 and offset is 100. seniors confirm!
Old 19th April 2009, 22:15   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
PCD for swift is 38 and offset is 100. seniors confirm!
pcd for swift is 100 and offset is 45 not sure about the offset but don't go for negative offset like -4/5 will protrude,i am running on 35 offset and i had not faced any problem till now

Quote:
Guys,
I am looking for 195/60/15 sets.
if can compromise lill on the ride quality go for 195/60 or 185/70/14
as whitevdi suggested go for either of the brand can't go wrong.

Last edited by karankapoor : 19th April 2009 at 22:18.
Old 19th April 2009, 23:00   #590
BHPian

hi friends, need your help for one of my office colleagues picking up a new swift zxi...

He is looking at upgrading the ZXi's stock 14" alloys & tyres with 15" alloys & tyres in the open market. Pls advise on the following :

a) What tyres would you suggest for minimal impact in mileage & comfort ? Cost of these tyres also please..

b) Given that his alloys are OE, what would be the value they would fetch him in the open market ? Can he pick up 15" alloys at the same cost ?

Pls advise as the car has been scheduled for delivery in a day or two.

Cheers,

Jai
Old 20th April 2009, 00:27   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
hi friends, need your help for one of my office colleagues picking up a new swift zxi...

He is looking at upgrading the ZXi's stock 14" alloys & tyres with 15" alloys & tyres in the open market. Pls advise on the following :

a) What tyres would you suggest for minimal impact in mileage & comfort ? Cost of these tyres also please..

b) Given that his alloys are OE, what would be the value they would fetch him in the open market ? Can he pick up 15" alloys at the same cost ?

Pls advise as the car has been scheduled for delivery in a day or two.

Cheers,

Jai
I traded my brand new ZXi alloys for 15" Lenso Samurais. I went for 195/60/R15 profile, which is a perfect upgrade for comfort and some bling stuff. FE figures wouldnt drastically change either.

I exchanged 5 ZXi alloys and JK Vectra tires for 20500. While the new tyres and alloys cost 47000. So had to spend close to 27000 on the upgrade.
Old 20th April 2009, 05:17   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
While the new tyres and alloys cost 47000. So had to spend close to 27000 on the upgrade.
47k for alloys & tyres ?

How much for the wheels and how much for the tyres ?

If this is the case, then I'm quite sure he'll stick to the stock alloys & tyres only....

Are there cheaper options available or is this the case for most of the 15" upgrades ?
Old 20th April 2009, 08:55   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstream View Post
47k for alloys & tyres ?

How much for the wheels and how much for the tyres ?

If this is the case, then I'm quite sure he'll stick to the stock alloys & tyres only....

Are there cheaper options available or is this the case for most of the 15" upgrades ?
3900 per tyre (Yoko A-Drives) and 27500 for set of 5.

There are cheaper options too in HR/Plati/League. They should cost you around 21-22k for a set of 5.

In 15" I dont think you'll get cheaper than this.
Old 20th April 2009, 19:57   #594
BHPian

Thanks a lot karankapoor and whitevdi.
I will be going for Michelin tires. I will get it once I am back to india in 3 weeks.

But which alloys are good. When I was searching for alloys I came across lots of brands. I am not sure which one to select.
My options are HR/Pirelli/Plati.Please let me know if there are better ones. I am looking at 15" alloys.

Also what will be the approx cost of this setup?
Old 21st April 2009, 12:15   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My options are HR/Pirelli/Plati.Please let me know if there are better ones. I am looking at 15" alloys.

Also what will be the approx cost of this setup?
hr/plati both are good brands.
set of four in 15" will cost you 16k+,and it depends on the brand also.

other brands which are available :neo,aura,lenso,konig,lenso,pw.
Old 21st April 2009, 15:40   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
hr/plati both are good brands.
set of four in 15" will cost you 16k+,and it depends on the brand also.

other brands which are available :neo,aura,lenso,konig,lenso,pw.
You can try out Lenso. 15 inch ones would come for about 16k to 18k. They have a wide range of designs. I have 16 inch lenso on my car.
Old 21st April 2009, 18:57   #597
BHPian

Thank you guys.
I will post the pics once i get new wheels.
Old 24th April 2009, 04:31   #598

Guys, I had changed the stock tyres on my Dzire Zxi from jk tyres to bridgestone potenza g III, after reading several negative comments about jk tyres. I had them exchanged (5 for 5) for 5,000 rupees at the showroom itself. I would like to know if it was a good deal or it was overpriced. Secondly, about tyre replacement, is it 20k or 30k kms that they need replacement? help is appreciated.
Old 24th April 2009, 08:55   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvns84 View Post
Guys, I had changed the stock tyres on my Dzire Zxi from jk tyres to bridgestone potenza g III, after reading several negative comments about jk tyres. I had them exchanged (5 for 5) for 5,000 rupees at the showroom itself. I would like to know if it was a good deal or it was overpriced. Secondly, about tyre replacement, is it 20k or 30k kms that they need replacement? help is appreciated.
Yes MVNS it is a good price you have got with the exchange. On tyre replacement it depends on your driving style. you need to look out for tread indicator (This is a read band which gets exposed when the tyre has 1.3mm of tread left). When you reach that point it is time for replacement (Or if the tyres are more than 6 years from the date of manufacture). Not that the tyres will disintegrate after that but any tread less than 1 mm is a serious safety issue.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:21   #600

Thanks for the info Dieselfan. Really appreciate it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks