Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2014, 00:17   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Apollo Acelere - How are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
I have decided to change all four tyres on my Indigo CS, this weekend. It is currently running on stock tyres from Apollo (Amazer XL). I am trying to decide between Apollo Acelere and Bridgestone S322. I value reliability above all else as I plan to do a fair amount of time on the highways in future. Please weigh in with your thoughts on which tyre should I opt for.
For that, stick to S322.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
hey guys is the new apollo alnac the same or any different from the apollo accelere ?
Alnac and Acelere are identical. Only name is different.

Alnac 4G is a different pattern.

Subtle difference but be aware.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2014, 15:29   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
For that, stick to S322.
Nikhil, thank you! I couldn't resist asking you another question. How does the A-drive stack up against the S322 in terms of reliability? I understand that price-wise the S322 is slightly higher. Regards.
Old 28th November 2014, 23:32   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

The A Drive is softer and less rugged. More comfortable and silent. And much grippier.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2014, 18:39   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The A Drive is softer and less rugged. More comfortable and silent. And much grippier.
Appreciate your inputs Nikhil! I finally settled for the Earth-1. Got them today. While I was there a gent came in with his father. He had with him a wheel that was shod with an A-Drive. The sidewall had an inch-long cut!

I chatted with him a bit and asked him how it happened. Apparently he was trying to park and got too close to a kerb, albeit at a very low speed. It was a wicked cut. I am now concerned. If that could happen to an A-Drive, then did I land myself a lemon? Fingers crossed!
Old 1st December 2014, 17:40   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Earth 1 is supposed to be harder and more durable. Let's see what happens with your tyres
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 09:29   #291
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzzme View Post
Better, if the 2 new tyres are put in the rear.
that is so different from what the neighborhood tyre dealers advice. I have a mismatched wearout on my front and rear tyres and I consulted 2 dealers and both adviced me to move the tyres with better tread to the rear. Confused.
Old 11th December 2014, 13:57   #292
BHPian

I recently changed the tyres of my Skoda Rapid as both front Apollo Acelere tyres were losing tread quickly compared to the back. I do tyre rotation regularly, check tyre pressure once in 10 days and had no clue what caused the tread to wear under 30K on the Odo. Changed all four tyres to Michelin XM2. I'm quite happy with the new shoes of my car. It's way better compared to the old ones.
Old 11th December 2014, 21:58   #293
BHPian

I had posted earlier, my experience with the OEM Apollo Accelers in my VW Vento HL diesel. These tyres have completed 35000 Kms now, except for a puncture in one tyre due to a nail last month, they have served me well. I do regular tyre rotation with alignment check and have, from day one, used only nitrogen in those tyres. With the windows up and AC running, the tyre noise have not been a bother and no handling issues. In short, they have not let me down. These tyres may not stand up to Michelin or Pirellis, but they are not third rate tyres either , as some posts in this forum would suggest. You get what you pay for and that way, they are VFM tyres.
premc44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 08:58   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
I recently changed the tyres of my Skoda Rapid as both front Apollo Acelere tyres were losing tread quickly compared to the back. I do tyre rotation regularly, check tyre pressure once in 10 days and had no clue what caused the tread to wear under 30K on the Odo. Changed all four tyres to Michelin XM2. I'm quite happy with the new shoes of my car. It's way better compared to the old ones.
In my Santro the Apollo Acelere tires were doing a fair enough job, But in Figo the tires were upsized & failed to notice the alignment issues. Those tires were ruined by 25K Km.

I think these tires will last at least 50K Km if driven lightly. The only issue I face is too much tire noise & lack of grip when it rains. I will rate these tires above many MRF tyres.

Last edited by GTO : 17th December 2014 at 15:09. Reason: Language
Old 14th December 2014, 22:26   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
that is so different from what the neighborhood tyre dealers advice. I have a mismatched wearout on my front and rear tyres and I consulted 2 dealers and both adviced me to move the tyres with better tread to the rear. Confused.
Reliable information on this topic can be found here:

TireRack.com - Tire Tech - Where to Install New Pairs of Tires?
bharatsomany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 10:07   #296
BHPian

Gurus, need your advice.

I currently drive a TATA Manza shod with Apollo Acelere 185/60R15. These have currently covered about 51k kms.

One of the tyres have multiple punctures and has been declared beyond salvage by the tyrewala. Am currently running without a spare and 3 others are nearing their end of useful life. So I need to change at least 4 tyres.

In the last 4 years that I have using Apollo Aceleres I've really not had any major issues, except the one time where the sidewall was damaged after I hit a deep pothole while doing 80kph.

I have currently short-listed the same OEMs (Apollo Acelere) and Goodyear DP-B1 Tubeless. Need your opinion as to which are the better ones. Also, feel free to suggest any other good brand in the same price range. My use is predominantly in the city with occasional highway runs.
Old 27th December 2014, 16:46   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Acelere is better but duraplus will get you a longer life. Probably more rugged as well.

Ig you've been happy with the Apollos, stick with them.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 21:29   #298
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Our i-gen i20 came with Apollo Aceleres (185/65R14) from the factory. After more than a year and 3.7k km of using the stock Aceleres on varied roads (smooth tarmac, ordinary concrete, potholed & bumpy as well as downright horrible), I only have one thing to say about them.

I'm impressed!

I remember the days when new cars (especially hatchbacks) rolled out of factories only with rock-hard MRFs, shoddy JKs & Ceats, and average Bridgestones (B & S series). Boy, those OEM tyres were tough, bumpy, noisy and skiddy (or a combination thereof).

Aceleres are a very different breed indeed. I'm glad these are quite popular as OEM tyres with a few manufacturers. They are soft & offer a cushy ride quality, exhibit good levels of grip & braking performance and are reasonably silent - vastly different from most of the other OEM tyres offered on hatchbacks.

They seem to be quite inexpensive as well in the replacement market, compared to tyres like Michelin Energy XM2s. I'd still rate the XM2s as better overall tyres, but not as much as the price difference would suggest. In short, the Aceleres are super value-for-money tyres!

I'm aware that the Aceleres do have downsides - they seem to get noisier and become very prone to punctures as they age, are susceptible to cuts & damages etc., but these are to be expected on softer compound tyres.

Even if their life is shorter (comparatively), they perform very well in that duration, and replacements are reasonably priced too - it's a trade-off I don't mind making.

The stock Aceleres have left me pleasantly surprised and have changed my view of both, OEM tyres and Apollo as a tyre manufacturer. I guess these guys are keenly tuned in to changing customer preferences and are becoming the preferred choice of many over other Indian brands like MRF, JK and Ceat. It may only be a matter of time before they catch up with global biggies like Michelin, Continental, Yokohama, Bridgestone etc. Kudos to Apollo!
Old 11th September 2015, 21:13   #299
BHPian

I recently bought a used verna with apollo aceleres 185/65 R14. Previous owner used it for a good 42k kms and had a great opinion about it. It got only punctured once in the entire 4 years of usage. Had thought of going for aceleres itself when I was about to change it but gave in to the advice if shop guy and bought Yoko Earth 1.
Old 12th September 2015, 03:28   #300
Senior - BHPian

my indica's front suspension chewed up my aceleres in 30K Kms despite doing alignment every 2K Kms. THe S322's that were there before lasted 50K+
Grip, ride quality & noise levels exceed expectations, but 30K is a bit too low

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks