Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 00:35   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Apollo Acelere - How are they?

The Acelers on my i20 has run 58000 km. Only one puncture on one of the tyre till now. Absolutely no other issues. Planning to change them next week as I'm seeing some small traces of wear. I'm now confused whether to go ahead with Acelers again or switch to Yokohama A drives. My uncle has A drives on his Lancer and is very happy with the grip it provides in wet conditions. Most probably will go with Acelers again. Will update next week.
Old 20th August 2013, 14:18   #227
BHPian

Team,

Am using these on my SX4 as stock tyres .

Distance travelled so far : 51,000 kms
Expected remaining kms of usage : at least another 5,000 kms

Rotate the tyres every 5K kms judiciously and the tyres will last you long enough ,

The tyres in my opinion are value for money , quite noisy at speeds higher then 130 kms per hour though , but then we hardly are able to reach that speed to complain enough

My next change again would be the Acelere's even though there are other options
Old 20th August 2013, 14:42   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Ideally you would be spoilt by the grip of the S Drives. If you change to Acelere then you might be disappointed with the grip. Instead i would suggest C Drives. Lovely traction in the wet and very silent!
Thanks Sagar,
I am looking at different options right now, they are;
1.Bridgestone MY01
2.Falken AZENIS PT722
3.Kumho ECSTA SPT

I will look at the C Drives also...
Thanks for the suggestion.
Regards
Old 21st August 2013, 21:58   #229
Senior - BHPian

I changed my Apollo Aceleres after using them for 58000 km. The synonym for Apollo Acelere is VFM. These are the tyres made by an Indian company for Indian road conditions. As I have mentioned in few posts back, I had only one puncture in 58K km. A nail got stuck in the tyre. Absolutely no issues/hassles other than that incidence. I used to top up the air once in a week to 33 psi. I used to hear some tyre noise on highways if I rolled down the windows. These tyres have taken me to some places in Dakshina Kannada where cars are forbidden. The tyres still had sufficient amount of thread left for another 5-6K km but I didn't want to take a chance.

After reading the above paragraph, anyone's guess will be that I would have again gone for Aceleres. No, this time I went for Yokohama A-Drives. I didn't want to go with any other make but some last moment brain-washing from one of my uncle made me to go with A-drives . I have a sense of regret in corner of my mind for not going with Apollo but atleast the spare which is unused is still the good old Apollo. I highly recommend Apollo Aceleres for anyone looking for a maintenance free, value for money tyre.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 21st August 2013 at 22:00.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:00   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I changed my Apollo Aceleres after using them for 58000 km. The synonym for Apollo Acelere is VFM. These are the tyres made by an Indian company for Indian road conditions. As I have mentioned in few posts back, I had only one puncture in 58K km. A nail got stuck in the tyre. Absolutely no issues/hassles other than that incidence. I used to top up the air once in a week to 33 psi. I used to hear some tyre noise on highways if I rolled down the windows. These tyres have taken me to some places in Dakshina Kannada where cars are forbidden. The tyres still had sufficient amount of thread left for another 5-6K km but I didn't want to take a chance.

After reading the above paragraph, anyone's guess will be that I would have again gone for Aceleres. No, this time I went for Yokohama A-Drives. I didn't want to go with any other make but some last moment brain-washing from one of my uncle made me to go with A-drives . I have a sense of regret in corner of my mind for not going with Apollo but atleast the spare which is unused is still the good old Apollo. I highly recommend Apollo Aceleres for anyone looking for a maintenance free, value for money tyre.
+1

I completely agree with guyfrmblr.

I've done close to 50,000 Km's in my i20 Crdi which came with Apollo Acelere's. Same story one puncture till date, picked up a nail some where. Probably i was driving with it for 1-2 days. Thankfully, noticed it in the parking one day, removing the nail led to deflation. Apart from this incident no other issues till now.

Yeah off course the noise issue is there but then i am kind of used to it.

I moved to Bangalore around two months back from Pune, where the roads were much much better. I am also looking for replacements soon, given the non existent roads in Bangalore, not sure if i should go with the Apollos again or move to a Premium brand.
somitra1981 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:54   #231

Another vote of confidence for the Aceleres. Used them for 45,000 km on my Punto 90. Swapped 'em for a set of Michelin Primacy LC a few months ago. The Aceleres might not have had the outright grip of the Michelin, and were rather noisy, but they weren't shabby, nit by any stretch.

In fact, if I could go back in time, I'd just have bought a new set of Aceleres. At the price, it's a damn good tyre.
Lord Ickenham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 16:13   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somitra1981 View Post
I moved to Bangalore around two months back from Pune, where the roads were much much better. I am also looking for replacements soon, given the non existent roads in Bangalore, not sure if i should go with the Apollos again or move to a Premium brand.
If you want guaranteed long term hassle free ownership, go with Apollos. If you want to take a chance like me, go for other brands. I drove to Mysore with the new A-drives yesterday. The tyres were absolutely silent. Other than this, I couldn't find any noticeable difference. I couldn't test the gripping capabilities as the tyres have to be run-in for around 500km to notice the difference.
Old 6th October 2013, 14:45   #233
BHPian

My figo stock tyres were Apollo Accelere. Amazed life it has run for 60000 and still will run for another 5 K. However changed 2 front tyres now at 60000 KMS. Impressive is nt it?

Looking for a good appollo dealer in bangalore to buy for my swift also.
Old 10th October 2013, 12:55   #234
BHPian

guys - is the Accelere the best of the rough and tough tires in India right now. I need 185/65/R14, so the ER-60 is unfortunately not available for me.

Really need some help, since I have quite a bit of bad road driving with my wife.

Just FYI - the other tires I'm considering is the XM2, Yoko A-drive and Potenza G3
Old 10th October 2013, 18:08   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
guys - is the Accelere the best of the rough and tough tires in India right now. I need 185/65/R14, so the ER-60 is unfortunately not available for me.

Really need some help, since I have quite a bit of bad road driving with my wife.

Just FYI - the other tires I'm considering is the XM2, Yoko A-drive and Potenza G3
Yes Apollo Acelere are pretty sturdy to handle bad roads. You may go for it.

For that matter even the A drives are strong. There are quite a few on this forum who have gone to
Ladhakh on these two tires

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 10th October 2013 at 18:10.
Old 11th October 2013, 08:21   #236
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Sagar. The tyres does hold the grip well in contrary to my perception when my Punto came with the Aceleres. The tyres didnt squeal even once during the monsoons and on damaged roads. Amazing grip, but are a bit noisier in contrast to the Super silent claim of the tyre.
Old 14th October 2013, 23:39   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post

I had Accelere in my zen and just had one puncture in 4 yrs. (Note: couple of times the side-wall had graced into pavements and redstones but the tyre sustained it well) So strength wise yes the tyre is pretty good.

In the initial years (till about 3 yrs) the grip was also pretty good. However post 3 yrs and around 25k kms the grip was not that great. Couple of times on hard cornering I felt the rear side slipping the ground with only me in the car.

However the soft feel of XM2 is no where close to Accelere's softness. Xm2 absorbs minor road imperfections very well. 2 days ago got it on my Ritz. Have to see how the side-wall fares over time. People say Xm2 has much better side-wall strength compared to older XM1. One of my relative has an XM2 on his zen for about 2 yrs and no puncture till now or any complaints.
Old 17th October 2013, 19:03   #238
BHPian

38,500 Kms completed on the stock Aceleres on my Linea.

The front right has begun to show signs of wear due to faulty alignment.

All 4 tires up for replacement. Will get another set of Aceleres itself.
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:00   #239
BHPian

One of my friend bought set of 4 Acceleres (195/60/15) for INR ~16300 from Snapdeal. Seems like some diwali offers are going on.

Old 2nd November 2013, 12:41   #240
Senior - BHPian

On my Vento, when I brake on roads with bit sand etc, I can feel a kick from behind. The rear tyres dont grip and its not a good feeling.
But they are durable and fine otherwise with close to 40K kilometres already. Will wait for Earth I in 195 section.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks