Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2011, 20:51   #61
BHPian

Re: Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh

Returned back to resort after a nice jungle drive. As usual, had a early dinner at 8.00 p.m. and retired by 9.00 p.m. Did little packing because we were at the end of our 10 days Madhya Pradesh tour (Orchha, Panna, Khajuraho, Bandhavgarh and Bhedaght) before proceeding to Bhedhaghat after morning drive.

This was my last and 5th drive at Tala zone. Little confusion beacuse whether my family will accompany me or not for the morning drive, as we need to move right after the ride. Finally, got up at 4.15 a.m. and decided that all of us will go for the ride and then we will proceed for our last destination i.e., Bhedhaghat before back to Mumbai.

We got ready by 5.10 a.m. Vikas is very punctual and he comes exactly at 5.10 a.m. to pick us in the gypsy. That day he was late by 10 minutes. I was little unhappy. Finally he came and we started. We were the second one in the que for the jungle ride. Mukesh (Guide) was not to be seen. Vikas was not getting his route. Hell lots of confusion. I always belive in "All well if its ends well". Three gypsy entered we did not get our verification done and Vikas said Mukesh has not come, so they allotted one guide. Another dissapointment. The guide came and wished us. I was very annoyed because Mukesh was not there. Mukesh was very friendly with my daughter (Sakshi). When she saw some other guide, they too got dissapointed. I controlled myself and said lets enjoy the jungle by our own terms. I kept my tele lens and picked up my 550d with 18-55 to shoot the habitat. Only good thing was we were being allotted B/C route. I thought we will spend more time at Rajbehra meadows than running around jungle.

I started shooting landscapes, junglesacpes.

Photographs in order.

Wolly necked stroke

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-013-1024x768.jpg

Morning Sunrise.

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-landscape211-1024x768.jpg

Jungle Blurr

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-jungle-blur209-1024x768.jpg

Jungle

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-landscape213-1024x768.jpg

Leapord Pugmark on the road. Vikas is too sharp.

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-leapord-pug212-1024x768.jpg
Old 29th March 2011, 22:14   #62
BHPian

I was relaxed and enjoying the morning cold. We headed for morning tea at centre point. Spend some 15-20 minutes and asked Vikas to move. He came promptly and we started towards Damnar. Nice Chittal and monkey call was going on, waited there for some time. There was nothing and then we moved. I asked Vikas not to stop anywhere, lets go the Rajbehra meadows and spend all our time and then we will bid good bye to Tala Zone till my next visit. Reached Rajbehar and i was pleased to see this.

Here are the photos.

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-015-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-024-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-030-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-031-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-052-1024x768.jpg
Old 8th April 2011, 20:06   #63
BHPian

Sorry for delay in updation.

After spending sometime at Rajbehra, we were on our return route. Though, it was really an emotional moment for me to say good bye to Bandhavgarh, which is so beautiful. I was thinking that what more can somebody expect from 5 drives and 6 tiger sightings. Suddenly, opposite to Rajbehra meadows, i saw a pack of two to three jackle trying to catch a mouse/mice. Clicked some photos. As we started the morning with a dissapointing note but it was really interesting.

I was completely mesmerised with the beauty. Suddenly, we saw the patrolling vehicle coming from front. Ranger gave us a hint, Dayen Mud lo (take a right turn). I was excited. After that i will not speak. Let the photo speak for it self.

This is a tigress about three years old called Dhitti, the second litter of late Jhujhura tigress. Dhitti is gorgeous and she is going to go a long way. Very dashing. She was walking middle of the route and coming towards our vehicle. Oh my god. This is a photographer's delight.

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-053-2-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-055-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-097-2-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-118-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-133-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-139-1024x768.jpg

Trailing the Big Cat at Bandhavgarh-140-1024x768.jpg
Old 9th April 2011, 10:03   #64
BHPian

Bandhavgarh is nature Haven, really. But the fact that it has become more of a commercial reserve has taken its charm away.

By the way, those are some nice shots!

PS: OT - Which Camera/Lens was in use?
Old 9th April 2011, 10:19   #65
Senior - BHPian

Subrat,

She is a beauty!

Oh Yes! It is a photographers delight when a tiger/ess walks right into your lens. Wish you would also shoot her in potrait too (camera in vertical position) that way the frame would be full of her as there is more top to bottom of her than side to side, in the frontal pose. It will also help in not chopping off her paws (last pic.)

And 'stoop to conquer', (hang out of the Gypsy downward) technique will get you to the eye level of the subject.

The Jackals have come out good, especially the first one.
Regards,

Last edited by fazalaliadil : 9th April 2011 at 10:24.
Old 9th April 2011, 10:54   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikxsans660 View Post
Bandhavgarh is nature Haven, really. But the fact that it has become more of a commercial reserve has taken its charm away.

By the way, those are some nice shots!

PS: OT - Which Camera/Lens was in use?
Thanks. I use Canon 7D and 100-400 L IS USM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Subrat,

She is a beauty!

Oh Yes! It is a photographers delight when a tiger/ess walks right into your lens. Wish you would also shoot her in potrait too (camera in vertical position) that way the frame would be full of her as there is more top to bottom of her than side to side, in the frontal pose. It will also help in not chopping off her paws (last pic.)

And 'stoop to conquer', (hang out of the Gypsy downward) technique will get you to the eye level of the subject.

The Jackals have come out good, especially the first one.
Regards,
Fazal Sir, well accepted your views. I was quite new to these angles in photography that time. Learned over a period of time and now also learning. Next time sure, work on it.

Thanks & regards

Subrat
Old 9th April 2011, 15:29   #67
BHPian

Wonderful Pictures of the majestic Tiger Subrat. Highly appreciate your patience, time and efforts to share the experiences with us. Really enjoyed and thanks.

Most Viewed