Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 16:04   #16
BHPian

Re: Pune trip on the Silver Surf

Hi Cliffhanger,

there is a small button at the end of the right stalk behind the steering wheel, the one which is used to switch on the wiper/spray water on the windshield.

When you press the button on the extreme end, the view on your MID would change upon each press.

It would show the following -
Total distance covered till date
distance covered for the current trip
time for which car was running (engine on) for current trip
Average mileage for current trip
Instataneous mileage (how much the car is guzzling at the moment in terms of mileage). When the car is not moving the display would be ------, once the car starts to move, you would see digits which signify the current instantaneous mileage
approx distance you may cover considering fuel remaining & current average mileage.

before starting the car, when the key is in the MAR position, (when electricals are functioning but engine has not been switched on), keep this button pressed for 3-4 seconds. This would reset the trip meter, which you would not have done till date. After that start checking your mileage, etc.
I always reset the tripmeter before leaving on a trip. Thus, I get exact stats after the trip ends. I have noticed that around 4000 kms, the tripmeter gets reset to 0. Al the above stats go back to 0, except for the Total distance the car has run till date. The total distance cannot be reset.

Hope this helps !!!

Bhai Ambuj,

This is the last place I had expected, where I would find you. Good to hear from you. How has it been going bandhu?
Well, a road trip from Bangalore to Delhi is definitely on the charts. However, it would need some more planning before we seriously get into that mood. Well, your trip on your "Thunderbird" sure must have been a memorable one. 12 hours and 40 minutes . . . whoa . . . that too on a bike . . . thats some record. It would have been a sight for sure . . . you flying on your bird at speeds above 100.

Keep flying on your "Thinderbird" . . .

Last edited by Stratos : 2nd March 2011 at 17:21.
Old 1st March 2011, 18:01   #17
BHPian

Thanks Kaustav for your help. For the first time, gonna check the mileage of my Punto today. All excited :o)
Please continue with the travelogue.
Old 1st March 2011, 19:56   #18
BHPian

Hey Cliffhanger,

Good luck with your mileage and other tests.
Am sure your car would make you happy with the figures it shows. Please note down the stats & post it for all of us to see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks