Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2024, 12:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Air India Express

Don't be sorry for the post. I can totally understand the situation you were in and that too with a wheelchair bound passenger. It's truly hell being in an airport when you have no clue if you would fly or not. I flew their flight from Bangalore to Hyd with my mother in March. It was no less than a horror story. Absolutely poor operations, improper flight handling, horrible interiors (cleanliness) and equally incapable crew. I was waiting for us to land and exit the aircraft. It just felt horrible to say the least. There was a delay of 3 hours and I had to sit with my mom for the entire time in the airport. I am no celebrity but will never fly them again, I will drive instead - that seems a much better alternative.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 13:58   #47
BHPian

Re: Air India Express: Flights That Do Not Take Off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
Two flights cancelled back-to-back, hours before we expected to leave to the airport! Imagine the horror. Frantically tried connecting with Air India Express customer “happiness” team- only to be redirected to an AI tool, called TIA which seemed to be a trial version of AI because it was useless. I could not get another flight option and it only redirected me towards refund. No support mail ID, no human to talk to, the customer care team at Air India Express is a lost cause. Finally with hours to spare I had to shell out another 50k just for one-way flights with Indigo airlines for my family with no options left.
Dear richie4u,
I’m truly sorry to hear about the ordeal you and your family went through with Air India Express. It’s incredibly frustrating and disheartening to experience such a level of inconvenience, especially when traveling with senior citizens who require extra care and assistance. The lack of support and empathy from the airline’s customer service is unacceptable and adds to the distress.

On a related note, I’m reaching out to see if any of our members know whether we have insurance coverage that can help in such unforeseen situations. Specifically, I’m interested in knowing if our travel insurance covers unexpected costs due to flight cancellations, including hotel bookings and alternative travel arrangements, which will lighten our financial burden.

Your experience serves as a valuable warning to others, and I appreciate you taking the time to share it with the community. Please provide insights or confirm details about our travel insurance coverage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks