Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 18:50   #106
BHPian

Re: Around India in 7 Days - GQ Drive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Welcome to Gujarat. Hope you liked driving through the state, enjoyed the meals and also the stay.

Wish you can visit Gujarat once again to explore nature's beauty and other visuals that the state has to offer.

And last but not the least - 3 cheers to your India trip. You are a true T-BHPian.
Thanks Sankalp. There are a lot of places, rather all the places, we just drove through. Looking forward to spending some time in each of the states and visiting places. RoamingRao's GQ drive is an insight into how it can be done.
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:14   #107
Senior - BHPian

Great account of the drive! I noticed that you tailed some other vehicle while crossing state borders. Any specific reason for this? Is a separate permit required while driving across different states?
On another point, there are some places where dead bodies/ fallen vehicles are used as bait by robbers/ dacoits to get a car owner to stop. Genuine cases needing help are therefore ignored, but thats life I guess..
Old 22nd December 2010, 17:34   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Great account of the drive! I noticed that you tailed some other vehicle while crossing state borders. Any specific reason for this? Is a separate permit required while driving across different states?
On another point, there are some places where dead bodies/ fallen vehicles are used as bait by robbers/ dacoits to get a car owner to stop. Genuine cases needing help are therefore ignored, but thats life I guess..
Thanks Selfdrive. There is no requirement of a separate permit for private vehicles to hop states. However, at check posts there are chances that the police might stop you to make a quick buck. This can be avoided if you manage to pass through as unobserved as possible.

Yes, a couple of people have actually told me not to stop if you see accident on the highways at night, since it could be staged. The extend people go to for some easy pickings.
Old 3rd January 2011, 23:36   #109
BHPian

Amazing TL unni. While going through this TL, I was remembering my own trip which I did earlier this year wherein we covered a similar route till Delhi. Thanks again for sharing.
Old 4th January 2011, 14:13   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Thanks a great deal!
India has lots to offer the tourist and can satisfy the most insatiable!
And with road & tourism infrastructure improving by leaps and bounds, travelling by road has never been easier.
The GQ is a prime example how driving conditions can transform so dramatically. It is almost like a Ring Road for the country!
You are truly an inspiration, Sir. I totally agree with you on the tourism front. India has quantity and variety in that as well.
Old 4th January 2011, 16:58   #111
BHPian

Amazing achievement Unni & JK, I enjoyed reading it!
Old 5th January 2011, 23:10   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami316 View Post
Amazing TL unni. While going through this TL, I was remembering my own trip which I did earlier this year wherein we covered a similar route till Delhi. Thanks again for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basharatu View Post
Amazing achievement Unni & JK, I enjoyed reading it!
Thanks a lot Sami and Basharatu!
Old 6th January 2011, 17:21   #113
BHPian

Congratulations on the safe/successful trip Unni!!

Any reason why folks do the GQ trip clockwise - atleast the ones I've read so far in T-BHP have always been clockwise. Is the reason religious? Just curious.
Old 6th January 2011, 17:34   #114
BHPian

Thanks Natraj. That is a good observation, however there is no particular reason behind us doing it clock-wise. Maybe its because the trip log that we referred to was clock-wise!!
Old 7th January 2011, 00:08   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajdr View Post
Congratulations on the safe/successful trip Unni!!

Any reason why folks do the GQ trip clockwise - atleast the ones I've read so far in T-BHP have always been clockwise. Is the reason religious? Just curious.
I am superstitious (and also religious), that is why I did it clock-wise and also advise many to do so. The only trip that was done anti-clockwise was not successful, one more reason why.
Old 7th January 2011, 18:48   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only trip that was done anti-clockwise was not successful, one more reason why.
Is that the SWIFT diesel went out of the road into a pit trip (on a turn where such accidents regularly happen)? Else can you share that so that we could learn out of it
Old 7th January 2011, 19:29   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I am superstitious (and also religious), that is why I did it clock-wise and also advise many to do so. The only trip that was done anti-clockwise was not successful, one more reason why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Is that the SWIFT diesel went out of the road into a pit trip (on a turn where such accidents regularly happen)? Else can you share that so that we could learn out of it
Yes, I think HVK is referring to that one.
Old 9th January 2011, 00:08   #118
BHPian

hi guys, wonderful drive and admire the passion running through your veins.

you mentioned that while entering andhra from orissa you followed a empty ambulance which was ap registered

pls find these pictures of a tn registered ambulance which was empty and blasting away and i followed it for some time before i finally overtook it , however my kid needed a choco break and the same ambulance which i had overtaken a few minutes back
passed me (on the same day and nearly the same time you may have crossed the border)
i clicked the picture of the ambulance just out of curosity

after reading your travelogue i realised that i had seen your ford feista at the orissa border and it got me thinking if it was really you ( are you sure of the ambulance being ap registered because if so then i stand corrected)

anyway here are pictures of the ambulance to refresh your memory

my mist silver scorpio(n) crde 2.6 was on the return trip from kolkata to my hometown vizag when this happened

received my stickers after i arrived home so i had no id on my car towards team bhp to have helped you recognise bhpian family if in the first place the feista was you guys

just out of the line of trucks

Around India in 7 Days - GQ Drive!!-dsc03981.jpg

a better view

Around India in 7 Days - GQ Drive!!-dsc03975.jpg

do let me know,

Last edited by booboo : 9th January 2011 at 00:25. Reason: extra word, grammer
booboo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2011, 00:55   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Thanks Selfdrive. There is no requirement of a separate permit for private vehicles to hop states. However, at check posts there are chances that the police might stop you to make a quick buck. This can be avoided if you manage to pass through as unobserved as possible.
Thanks unni.ak, I will keep this in mind for future use. I guess it says a lot about the police force, either they are underpaid or just the fact that everyone wants to be rich at any cost.
Old 9th January 2011, 01:45   #120
Senior - BHPian

Hai Unni,

Just completed reading all the pages in one go, don't know how I missed it.

This is one heck of a drive, great TLog and nice narration with pictures. You lived your dream which is also an inspiration.

Brought back memories of our GQ drive; reading yours brought back all the good memories.

Like Suman said it was wicked of you not to buzz me when you passed through A'bad, I would have loved meeting you for a chai, whatever time it is.

Thanks for sharing,

--Ramky

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks