Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 23:16   #1
BHPian

Cologne/Oktoberfest & Some ICE !!

Dear All,

I had a chance to visit Germany Last Week for official work , postponed my travel to 2 more days , and it was something to remember for rest of my Life ...!

i shall leave you with warm up shots and come back later with the story and more pics , i hope you will like it.

Cheers
Raghu..
Attached Thumbnails
Cologne/Oktoberfest & Some ICE !!-2.jpg  

Cologne/Oktoberfest & Some ICE !!-3.jpg  

Cologne/Oktoberfest & Some ICE !!-4.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th September 2010 at 13:37. Reason: Hi Raghu, your post has been edited. Please take a look at Team-BHP's rule #11 before proceeding. Thanks.
Old 29th September 2010, 08:06   #2
BHPian

A Little Modified Genesis Amp....!!
Attached Thumbnails
Cologne/Oktoberfest & Some ICE !!-5.jpg  

Old 30th September 2010, 12:18   #3
BHPian

Hello All,
It was time for the yearly Meet at our Head Office at Cologne, the dates were fixed and invitations were send accross to all Manager's accross the world. i was browsing through internet to find out anything happening in and around Cologne , voila !!

There it was , Photokina in Cologne , which will be displaying some of the latest techonologies in imaging and Photography, then came the suprise ! Oktoberfest !! & Car Style show off in Bremen.

The devil inside me woke up and started playing and impure thoughts kept lurking in my head thinking how i can squeeze in these 2 things also
since Photokina was hosted in cologne itself which was just accross my hotel.

After some planning and pleading i was granted 2 more days stay in Cologne , i asked for 4 but they alloted me 2 , well then 2 days it is.. i wanted to make most of it ..

i had decided that i did not want to fly anymore local since i will be too bored after my almost 10hr flight to Frankfurt , another flight to these places was ruled out !!.. which i realised later that it was a good decision. i could not have seen the beaufiful landscapes if i had took a flight !!

There begins the trip in " ICE " or Intercity Express Trains which took me through some of the most beautiful landscapes i have seen.
Attached Thumbnails
Cologne/Oktoberfest & Some ICE !!-6.jpg  

Cologne/Oktoberfest & Some ICE !!-7.jpg  

Last edited by vraghuz : 30th September 2010 at 12:32.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:28   #4
Senior - BHPian

Lovely beginning Raghu, waiting to see and read more ! Especially about the fest !
Old 30th September 2010, 13:52   #5
BHPian

Oktoberfest at it's full glory !!

One of the Tent's where i sneaked in ...!!
Attached Thumbnails
Cologne/Oktoberfest & Some ICE !!-8.jpg  

Old 30th September 2010, 17:47   #6
BHPian

Awesome, amazing, and all that stuff. Waiting for your full report.

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2010 at 13:18. Reason: STRICTLY no inappropriate language on Team-BHP
Old 4th October 2010, 15:03   #7
BHPian

Cologne :
Nothing much to say about this city from a Tourist perspective, The Cologne Cathredal which is worth a visit, after that.. nil, you could walk the bylanes near the cathredal which has lots of shopping, but will pinch our pockets when u see the prices in Euros , then u realise how lucky we are spoilt with choices and dirt cheap prices , ofcourse there are tons of international brands available here but for a common man these are things to drool and look at ..not to buy...

You have musicians playing piano,violin,street music played by small local bands, all in all a nice place to spend a lazy day doing nothing...

On Sunday , the Dom or the Cathredal area is filled with families,kids,and a lot activities for kids from singing,jamming,painting, so on....u could also take a boat trip to the near city dusseldorf and back in a laid back way..

Then there was this Party bike in Cologne , where people sit in a small wagon and pedal you way around the city sipping the brew , singing ...nice...., wish we could have this here in B'lore the Pub City...

The next thing was to open internet and book the tickets in the rail for Munich and Bremen , the DB or (Deutsche Bahn) , which runs accross germany and to near counrties was the popular choice since i was not planning to visit any near by countires.

The only thing which anyone had to keep in mind was the rate keep changing like our online flight ticket reservation portals. wonder if our railways starts this...!!you have to book well in advance if u want to get better prices for the trips accross Germany.

Booked the ticket to Munich and Bremen, Munich was 5hrs from Cologne and Bremen was 3hrs. the Railway station (Koln Messe/Deutz) was 10min walk from my hotel , so it was another blessing when u consider the taxi charges in Germany !!

Wokeup at 4am to got ready and went to the station, the only bakery was open by 5am when i reached ther, i had 15 min to kill , so went into the bakery and bought somemuffins and sweet bread to fill up my stomach till i reach munich, it was 5hrs jourey one side , which i slept through most of it , rest i watched the beautiful country side of Germany passby...

It was 10am when i reached Munich , got out from train and the entire scene changed from calm and quiet cologne to a crowded bavarian city , which was full of people in their traditional dress and walking towards the oktoberfest ground ,which is a 10min walk from the railway station ...
Attached Thumbnails
Cologne/Oktoberfest & Some ICE !!-9.jpg  

Cologne/Oktoberfest & Some ICE !!-10.jpg  

Cologne/Oktoberfest & Some ICE !!-11.jpg  

Last edited by vraghuz : 4th October 2010 at 15:05.
Old 7th October 2010, 10:21   #8
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 7th October 2010 at 13:18.
SafeDrive is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks