Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2014, 13:09   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Around Anchetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
7) Have seen swift, i20, sumo and a indica at the river bed. So we got confident that the other way route can be somewhat pleasant.
Check earlier pages. Ketan had done that very stretch. He took the road from Hunasanahalli. Nice to see you do a full circle.
Old 11th March 2015, 01:17   #77
BHPian

Has anyone done the Bangalore - Hosur - Denkanikottai - Anchetty stretch recently? I plan to do a solo ride this Sunday on my bike and wanted to know how the condition of the road from Hosur to Anchetty was. Also, is it safe going solo on the Denkanikottai - Anchetty stretch or would you all suggest that I go along with other bikers?
Old 11th March 2015, 08:15   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snehal Sekhar View Post
Has anyone done the Bangalore - Hosur - Denkanikottai - Anchetty stretch recently? I plan to do a solo ride this Sunday on my bike and wanted to know how the condition of the road from Hosur to Anchetty was. Also, is it safe going solo on the Denkanikottai - Anchetty stretch or would you all suggest that I go along with other bikers?
The road till Anchetty was always good. The rough section start beyond on the way to Hogenakkal.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 11:47   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One of our friends did it last week, reported excellent roads
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 17:38   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The road till Anchetty was always good. The rough section start beyond on the way to Hogenakkal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
One of our friends did it last week, reported excellent roads
Thanks Ampere and Kumar! I'd also like to know if it is advisable to go ahead with my solo motorcycle ride or do you all advise I go along with a couple of other bikers. I would love to go solo, but if going solo on this route is not safe, I'd rather be with a couple of other bikers than risking it.
Old 11th March 2015, 18:01   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ampere and Kumar! I'd also like to know if it is advisable to go ahead with my solo motorcycle ride or do you all advise I go along with a couple of other bikers. I would love to go solo, but if going solo on this route is not safe, I'd rather be with a couple of other bikers than risking it.
Till Anchetty its quite safe. But yes expect very low traffic. Beyond Anchetty its quite desolate. I would just add it would be good to have some company for such trips as against solo.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 20:16   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
It is very decent.
- At Kanakpura you should take the Sangam/Mekedaturoad.
- About 5km from this point you see a deviation to left. This is the road you need to take.
- It crosses over Arkavathy and continues to Hunasanahalli.
- Once you cross Hunasanahalli while nearing the TN border, the condition deteriorates.
- I noticed plans to improve the Kanakpura-Hunasanahalli stretch. Dont know the latest on this.
- At the border you hit a Y junction. One road goes to Thally while the other goes to Anchetty.
- Only around the border region the roads are bad. Later they are good.
- The last picture in my previous post gives you a taste of how the highway is
- Anchetty-Denkanikottai is very good to drive.
Me and my biker buddies have decided to go to Mekedattu (via Kanakapura Road) and from there to Anchetty and then back to Bangalore (via Hosur). Does anyone know how the condition of the road from Mekedattu to Anchetty is and what the distance would be?

Last edited by Snehal Sekhar : 11th March 2015 at 20:18.
Old 11th March 2015, 20:53   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me and my biker buddies have decided to go to Mekedattu (via Kanakapura Road) and from there to Anchetty and then back to Bangalore (via Hosur). Does anyone know how the condition of the road from Mekedattu to Anchetty is and what the distance would be?
Kanakapura-Anchetti road is also apparently in good condition
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 21:22   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And please do not try to get into the river anywhere near Mekedattu even if it looks calm. Many a life has been lost there.
csentil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 21:45   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Kanakapura-Anchetty-Denanikottai-Hosur is in good condition now, drove this route last Sunday. There is a small section in Kodi Halli town which is less than 10 meters which don't have tarmac, rest all have smooth roads
denver85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 20:46   #86
BHPian

Friends,

Anyone done this stretch recently -> https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Hu...12.8983601!3e0

Any update on the road condition? Any must see scenic places around..? My basic intention is to touch and enjoy the Kaveri river bed. I will be travelling in a Xylo, so no 4*4 trails please..!!!
Old 27th August 2018, 12:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

So, I tried this route again last weekend. This time did not take Kanakpura route but used a rather shorter route from Aanekal - Thally - Jwalagiri - Hunsunahalli - Dabbagulleshwara Temple.

The roads, for most part in good conditions, it was fun riding these winding country roads with close to no traffic, one gets a quick traveler's perspective when you pass through these villages, a brief view into their culture, weekend regimen, how helpful they are when you get to ask them about the route, place, conditions etc.
Where there are no roads, it even gets better with Himalayan. The broken stretch of 4-5 kms after Hunsunahalli was a good ride, and then another 6-7 kms of mud road when you start descending towards river Cauvery is fun ride as well, not that bad of an off-road at this time of the year.

Parked the motorcycle at riverbed and spent sometime watching the river. There were few folks at picnic, they were there for a couple days it seems. I took a walk around the area, the water channel that one has to cross before reaching the temple was full of slush and at the end of it there was some water so it was almost impossible to get the motorcycle across it, I could still walk over a loose bridge they have made so that one person can walk over and go towards the temple. Also surveyed the areas going away from the river to see if there is a place where I can ride the other side to take the Urigam route, but there seemed none, decided not to go beyond some 500mtrs on the forest trail as it become really narrow and difficult to walk, considering its elephant territory (btw, I fear elephants and sloth bears most in the southern India forests, more than big cats, after studied them a little bit during my naturalist trainings, volunteering for Elephant population estimation and other activities in the past), it may not be safer on foot.
Deciding to take the same route back again, while the priest at temple and others were discouraging to take that route, a couple of locals on motorcycle told me that there may be problems on that route ahead, I should not venture if I'm alone even if I can cross that channel to go other side, there are elephant movements out there etc..

I've taken the same route for return, fully enjoyed the country roads again and was back by lunch hour with little over 200kms on trip meter.
Attached Thumbnails
Around Anchetti-img_20180825_104947.jpg  

Around Anchetti-img_20180825_105224.jpg  

Around Anchetti-img_20180825_105309.jpg  

Around Anchetti-img_20180825_103603.jpg  

Around Anchetti-img_20180825_110316.jpg  

Ketan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2018, 07:03   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
So, I tried this route again last weekend. This time did not take Kanakpura route but used a rather shorter route from Aanekal - Thally - Jwalagiri - Hunsunahalli - Dabbagulleshwara Temple.

I recently heard from a friend that the water levels have further receded and motorcycles may be able to cross now. Time to make another attempt, need to get other riders ready so we have a decent number for the group ride for the route.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks