Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2010, 14:37   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You visited 4 times? Wow! By the way Flipkart was real fast. Just got my copy. Let me devour it now!
yeah...

1 - Day visit with my friend Sen on my bike in 2004
2 - Night camping with office colleagues on my bike (I posted the travelogue) in 2005
3 - Night camping with theexperthand on my boss's CBZ bike (theexperthand posted the pics) - 2007
4 - En-route Hogenakkal with my friend Sumit, his sis & my wife in Sumit's Swift 2009??

Enjoy the book - the particular episode which describes this place is not about a hunt but as addyhemigge said - just camping like we did
Old 25th August 2010, 14:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

@XH_Vee: yeah, at last we met here

@ampere: Enjoy the book. After that, go camping on the river bed

OT: that river bed can be a good spot for some OTR fun.
Old 22nd December 2011, 17:07   #48
BHPian

Re: Around Anchetti

Apologies for reviving an old thread..

I was wondering if anyone can help me with latest road conditions to hogenakkal on the denkanikottai-anchetti route. From this thread, I understand that the road is bad for 5-6 kms after anchetti.. Any changes on that?

TIA
Old 8th December 2012, 11:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning to go on a bike ride around this area tomorrow, I shall share more details / pictures in case if I find something additional.
Old 8th December 2012, 19:40   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
I'm planning to go on a bike ride around this area tomorrow, I shall share more details / pictures in case if I find something additional.
2-3 months back we did Kanakpura-Hunasanahalli-Anchetty-Denkanikottai-Bangalore. It was amazing moments right from sunrise on the Kanakpura road to the sumptuous lunch at Denkanikottai !

Some scraps from the memory:

First streaks of light
Around Anchetti-img_5686a3.jpg

Sunrise
Around Anchetti-img_5734a3.jpg

Green Prize
Around Anchetti-img_5773a3.jpg

Receding Waterline
Around Anchetti-img_5854a3.jpg

Canopy
Around Anchetti-img_5913a3.jpg

My way IS the highway !
Around Anchetti-img_5914a3.jpg
Old 9th December 2012, 05:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pictures! I had a plan not to carry anything, looks like it's worth carrying my camera. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'll leave on sometime, but not sure if we can get lucky to enjoy such beautiful sunrise since we seem to be a group of 15-17 or more riders, we may get late by the time everyone arrives and start.
Thank you.
Old 9th December 2012, 17:20   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Wonderful pictures! I had a plan not to carry anything, looks like it's worth carrying my camera. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'll leave on sometime, but not sure if we can get lucky to enjoy such beautiful sunrise since we seem to be a group of 15-17 or more riders, we may get late by the time everyone arrives and start.
Thank you.
That is true. We were just 2-3 folks and all were with camera gear!
You should start in such a way that you are near Kanakpura at dawn.

In this case we were at Kanakapura around 5:45-6AM. And within 20 minutes the sunrise was over.

And off course there are many many things to snap on the way.

Last edited by ampere : 9th December 2012 at 17:25.
Old 9th December 2012, 21:04   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

2-3 months back we did Kanakpura-Hunasanahalli-Anchetty-Denkanikottai-Bangalore.
How was the condition of the road between kanakapura and anchetty?
Old 10th December 2012, 00:30   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
How was the condition of the road between kanakapura and anchetty?
It is very decent.
- At Kanakpura you should take the Sangam/Mekedaturoad.
- About 5km from this point you see a deviation to left. This is the road you need to take.
- It crosses over Arkavathy and continues to Hunasanahalli.
- Once you cross Hunasanahalli while nearing the TN border, the condition deteriorates.
- I noticed plans to improve the Kanakpura-Hunasanahalli stretch. Dont know the latest on this.
- At the border you hit a Y junction. One road goes to Thally while the other goes to Anchetty.
- Only around the border region the roads are bad. Later they are good.
- The last picture in my previous post gives you a taste of how the highway is
- Anchetty-Denkanikottai is very good to drive.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 22:10   #55
BHPian

Thanks ampere. Any ideas on the latest condition of road between Anchetty-Biligundla-Hogenakkal? In another thread, you have mentioned 5-6km was back-breaking (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ngalore-2.html). Was that in the Anchetty-Biligundla-Hogenekal stretch?
Old 14th December 2012, 08:22   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Thanks ampere. Any ideas on the latest condition of road between Anchetty-Biligundla-Hogenakkal? In another thread, you have mentioned 5-6km was back-breaking (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ngalore-2.html). Was that in the Anchetty-Biligundla-Hogenekal stretch?
Yes that bad stretch is after Anchetty on the way to Biligundla . Denkanikottai-Anchetty is a beautiful road. About the road condition today; I dont know.
But I dont expect it to improve, because even then there were hardly vehicles on the road.
Old 15th December 2012, 10:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Google maps show a heavy green belt around Anchetti.
It might be fun to drive to Hogennakkal via Anchetti for weekend jaunt.

Was the green belt between Anchetti and Hogennakkal?
There is an alternate route from Anchetty to Pennagaram, but this route is beaten up but amazingly beautiful: i have taken it once but it has been closed since and you will have to go via Denkanikottai. Even that route is good though.

The route from Anchetty to Kanakapura is slightly beaten up: but nicely forested route overall. I would stick to the Gypsy and avoid the bike though: saw traces of elephant activity enroute: not sure if these were wild or FD elephants.

Entry from the Anchetty side when coming towards Kanakapura is slightly confusing though! I usually do the circuit in the reverse: go via Hosur and return via Kanakapura. Finally in my experience, I ended up at a point 20 odd kms after Kanakapura towards Bangalore.
Old 15th December 2012, 16:09   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
There is an alternate route from Anchetty to Pennagaram, but this route is beaten up but amazingly beautiful:
i have taken it once but it has been closed since and you will have to go via Denkanikottai. Even that route is good though.
From Anchetty I saw only one route to Pennagaram and that went via Hogenakkal. Did not see any deviation.
Can you explain where did you deviate from the regular Anchetty-Hogenakkal-Pennagaram route?

Quote:
The route from Anchetty to Kanakapura is slightly beaten up: but nicely forested route overall. I would stick to the Gypsy and avoid the bike
though: saw traces of elephant activity enroute: not sure if these were wild or FD elephants.
Easiest option is to ask any the route to Hunasanahalli. Before you reach Hunasanahalli you will pass through the TN-KA border which is also a fork.
The other route leads to Thally. Roads around the border were patchy. The last picture in my previous post is the Hunasanahalli-Anchetty SH near to Anchetty.

Quote:
Entry from the Anchetty side when coming towards Kanakapura is slightly confusing though! I usually do the circuit in the reverse: go via Hosur
and return via Kanakapura. Finally in my experience, I ended up at a point 20 odd kms after Kanakapura towards Bangalore.
The Kanakpura-Hunsanahalli road deviates just 5-6km from the Kanakpura town from the Sangam/Mekedatu SH. It crosses Arkavathy.
If you reached some where 20km beyond Kanakpura, I think you must have taken the Hunasanahalli-Harohalli road. Its used mainly by bikers
to cycle to Anchetty.

Last edited by ampere : 15th December 2012 at 16:37.
Old 15th December 2012, 22:40   #59
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have been to the Anchetty ride but didn't update here.
It was a wonderful ride, I took Kanakpura > Kodihalli > Hosnahalli > Dabbaguleswara temple > Anchetty forest > Hosur > Bangalore.

I started late in the morning, couldn't be in time at the meeting point (Nice road jn, Kanakapura rd), reached there almost one hour late, got the bike tanked up and started thinking if I follow the route, I can catch these guys. I started a little after 7.30am from Nice road jn, the road wasn't much crowded, crossed Kanakapura and took the Kodihalli direction and followed the route (left towards the bridge) to Hosnahalli, very quiet, not much traffic and it was fun riding those country roads. Reached Hosnahalli and was asking folks about the route to Dabbguleswar route, A hardware shop guy stops me and suggests not to go alone in that direction, I read/heard its forest area and sightings are common, I was a bit demoralized since I haven't been able to catch up with the group. The shop guys gets me tea and 'tindi' the breakfast was really good, I somehow ensured that I pay for my breakfast (he already paid for tea), he also seems to be interested joining our adventure! I was getting a bit uncomfortable, I have almost spent 30-40 minutes, I would have reached somewhere if this guy hasn't stopped me. I could somehow contact my group folks, they called me back when they stopped somewhere, they said they are not too far from Hosnahalli, about 8-9 kms from that place and I can catch up with them before they take an exit to the off-road adventure at that place. This new friend of mine at Hosnahalli, says he will come with me (on his bike) and asking me if I need to get the lunch packed, beer or anything!! I said thanks, I want to start moving as fast as possible, he goes home to get something, asked me to wait, comes back again goes somewhere and finally we started. We could make it to the place where others are waiting for me in about 15 minutes or so. I joined the gang and the new friend continues towards a town ahead. I thanked folks for waiting and we started, from this pt. onward, we don't have tarred road and we are riding off-road for a while, enters a town enters another off the road route again, overall it was kind of ok for Enfield, we didn't feel it was any sort of challenging.
We reached the bank of the river at Dabbaguleswar temple, halted there for few hours, interested folks had a dip in the water, I wish I could and try my free style tricks here, but wasn't carrying clothes and not many were going so decided to stay at the bank and take some pictures.
We started from that point after finishing packed lunch and then moved into the Anchetty forest route, this is something we can call real off-road, it was really good, some of the points/stretches are really challenging, reminded me my ride to Kodachaddri uphills, some of the places where its not easy to stop the bike, it may start skidding backward and it was really getting difficult to balance the traction in that loose gravel and speed, we had to wait a couple of times for others to catch up, later crossed a stream and back to the plains. It was really wonderful experience. I would love to go ride that route again.
I tried to capture it, but not completely, here is the some part of it.
http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/b.../#.UMyfQti6Z2Y
Attached Thumbnails
Around Anchetti-anchettyimg_59481160-sec-f-8.0iso-100121209.jpg  

Around Anchetti-anchettyimg_59521160-sec-f-7.1iso-100121209.jpg  

Around Anchetti-anchettyimg_59601500-sec-f-14iso-100121209.jpg  

Around Anchetti-anchettyimg_59651125-sec-f-7.1iso-100121209.jpg  

Around Anchetti-anchettyimg_59671125-sec-f-7.1iso-100121209.jpg  

Around Anchetti-anchettyimg_59701125-sec-f-7.1iso-100121209.jpg  

Ketan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 23:41   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys, I have been to the Anchetty ride but didn't update here.
It was a wonderful ride, I took Kanakpura > Kodihalli > Hosnahalli > Dabbaguleswara temple > Anchetty forest > Hosur > Bangalore.
Nice very nice Ketan! As per your log, I see that you did not take the regular Hunasanahalli-Anchetty road but something different.
From Hunasanahalli to Dabbagulleshwara temple, can you explain the road in detail and also from there to Biligundla.

Is it only a biking territory or a vehicle can go? Were there forest check posts?
It would also be great if you can post a GDB or GPX of the log.

Last edited by ampere : 15th December 2012 at 23:51.

Most Viewed