Team-BHP > Travelogues

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:44   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Can't resist stating this.
So your wife is going to become MUMMY again.

Congrats dude. Guess you will be having to rush to the embassy many times soon!

Thats really good one. .

Thanks buddy. Not sure about embassy but surely to clinic as i have already been visiting the gynae once in fortnight. The frequency may increase to weekly basis.
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:37   #242
Senior - BHPian

Tata Indigo

Spotted a Tata Indigo Marina (SW GLX here) to my surprise. The first tata vehicle here that I have seen. I have seen many Scorpios here though.

I apologize for the mobile camera pic because I was just on my way to grocery shop near my house. On top of that the mobile battery was also down. Somehow managed these pics and then the mobile switched off.

Lessons Learnt : Always carry camera! Keep the camera and mobile charged!

Dont know how this car landed up here. It was a personal car of an Egyptian (from the number plate) and not that of Embassy etc.

BTW Tata Nano is popular here (I mean people here want Tata Nano to land here at the same price tag as India ).
Attached Thumbnails
My Egypt Days : Photologue-moto_0491.jpg  

My Egypt Days : Photologue-moto_0493.jpg  

My Egypt Days : Photologue-moto_0492.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2010, 19:44   #243
Senior - BHPian

What's that written next to Indigo? SW is it? You should probably try checking out some dealerships around there. Trust me, it would be fun talking to them & having their opinion about Tata motors.

And what's that in front of the tyres on the second pic? Are they some waste papers?
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:25   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
What's that written next to Indigo? SW is it? You should probably try checking out some dealerships around there. Trust me, it would be fun talking to them & having their opinion about Tata motors.

And what's that in front of the tyres on the second pic? Are they some waste papers?
Yeah I will try to find out but like I told you I am not sure of the dealership here.

Yes its SW written there.

Thats garbage on the road.

Did you notice the number plate? Even the most expensive car has that tin plate. I dont know why can not they have better number plates.
Old 4th August 2010, 12:24   #245
Senior - BHPian

How come there is no rear number plate? Is it not a must?
Old 4th August 2010, 12:44   #246
MX6
Senior - BHPian

guess, they decided to go with the name Station Wagon (SW) there instead of the marina. Somehow I felt that except indica and nano, other tata car names weren't so appealing. like the indigo, marina, vista etc.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:54   #247
BHPian

[quote=TaureanBull;2007966]
Another thing, tourism from my side would be low for 2-3 months as I am expecting my second baby in first week October. Yes, here in Cairo.

Congratulations my friend and take care...
Old 4th August 2010, 18:59   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
How come there is no rear number plate? Is it not a must?
Well, this one is exception. I don't know why it does not have. But it is mandatory to have the rear number plate.

[quote=Indian Ranger;2010920]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Another thing, tourism from my side would be low for 2-3 months as I am expecting my second baby in first week October. Yes, here in Cairo.

Congratulations my friend and take care...
Thanks a lot.
Old 4th August 2010, 19:13   #249
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice spotting. Indigo Marina of all ? I see an Chevorlet Aveo as well, but then there are here too.
Old 4th August 2010, 19:18   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Thats a nice spotting. Indigo Marina of all ? I see an Chevorlet Aveo as well, but then there are here too.
There are lots of similar cars. From Ford, Chervolet, Suzuki, Fiat, Hyundai, Daewoo etc. Some have similar looks, some have same model name but different looks and some are different model all together.

However, I was interested only in the Indian Auto Companies -Mahindra and Tata. Other international brands can be spotted in any country.
Old 8th September 2010, 18:00   #251
Senior - BHPian

Vanvaas!

Its just a month but seems so long. Well.. I am back not with a bang but with caution. What did I do during this period? Stayed away from laptop/internet and wife was the happiest person.

Any new happenings? No.

Its month of Ramadan (Ramzan) and the entire life here has changed; infact it has come to a halt. It was hot weather and to some extent still is. The night life here is really on for the Egyptians. After 'Iftar' they leave their houses and stay out till 'Sehri'. Office times have been delayed by one hour and they finish working latest by 2pm everywhere. The day light saving time was also changed by an hour for the month of Ramadan to help beat the heat.

I will cover some local visits very soon. Hopefully, from November onwards almost every month I will cover places outside Cairo and Egypt as well. Charging my batteries and fattening the wallet.

Just have pic to show you the traffic scene at about 8PM. After 'Iftar' everybody rushing towards Maidan Hussein (Hussein Square) and Khan-el-Khallili area. Pretty evident from the traffic scene on other side of the street.
Attached Thumbnails
My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc_0481.jpg  

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc_0496.jpg  

Old 8th September 2010, 19:16   #252
Senior - BHPian

@TB - That's a B.E.Autiful night life picture. How did you take it? I'm sure it was on your new Nikon. Pls share the secret, I love to take such pic.

Wasn't it shot inside the house & a glass window between the lens & outside world?

Also, pls shed some light on the festival celebration. Would like to hear it from Egyptian perspective.
Old 8th September 2010, 19:19   #253
BHPian

TB, the D90 has been put to good use, i say. A little OT here but couldnt resist asking you and all the DSLR guru's here: The sunset pics, could the sun's brightness be reduced (Without PS/PP) using some setting in the camera, like tweaking the aperture/shutter/iso etc? I somehow felt the other objects appeared too dark.
Edit: Advance congrats on extending your family!

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 8th September 2010 at 19:20.
Old 8th September 2010, 19:47   #254
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@aargee. Doesn't look like a glass window as his daughter is leaning out of the window in one of those photos. Looking at the angle, guess TB also leaned out a bit. Not a tripod mounted shot as he seems to have leaned out.
So TB. did you venture out in the night to take closer shots of the life? Or is it only from your terrace/ balcony?
Old 8th September 2010, 21:15   #255
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. Its just part of learning skills. I am just reading the manual and trying out certain things.

The picture is from a balcony. The shutter speed is slow as it should be for any shot in the low light conditions. The camera was on a stand in the corner. Such shots have to be a stand as one can not hold camera steady for the long exposure time.

@ET : Thanks. Yes that can be done by playing around with these three main variables and many other smaller variables.

@Aargee : Will follow up on Ramadan later on. About the pic, I am just at the first golden step : KNOW YOUR EQUIPMENT WELL!!! Yet to go deeper into photography.

Most Viewed