Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 17:32   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Very nice pics indeed.
Keep them coming. Just noticed that they are not having Team-BHP watermark.
There is a potential for misuse.
Mods kindly watermark them.
Thanks a lot. Let mods decide whats worth watermark. All pics in the forum are not watermarked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
Do i see a guy above that metro? or is it just me?
Yes there is a guy. The metro had some problem right at that spot (probably with electricity). But he was on top for not more than a minute. Hawk's eye!
Old 8th July 2010, 17:47   #167
Senior - BHPian

Il Pannello Cafe

Sorry guys I had to go somewhere and had to leave the story there itself.
Continuing..

So, the staff provides up a table. The selected bull costed us LE 95/-, pretty costly but IMO all hobbies are costly. Wife selects 5 colours. There are two complimentary colours being there first time. And we are all set to start colouring.

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00240.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00251.jpg

Daughter and wife gets on the job. The waiter asks we if we would like something. Yeah sure we would.

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00253.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00254.jpg

We order flavoured tea and some snacks. I get busy in reading a book from the shelf on Ceramic and glass painting. There are some nice ideas. May be we would try next time.

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00269.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00268.jpg
Old 8th July 2010, 18:24   #168
Senior - BHPian

Il Pannello Cafe

We get our orders. The table looks different now.

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00266.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00272.jpg

The work has progressed....

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00273.jpg

I am getting bored, I explore. These are the fired ceramics which people have FORGOTTEN to collect. Displayed here nicely. They are available for sale.

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00281.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00284.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00286.jpg
Old 8th July 2010, 18:32   #169
Senior - BHPian

Il Pannello Cafe

I get some more pics from outside. These are some new stocks of raw ceramics waiting to be unpacked.

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00255.jpg

The display in the window.

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00256.jpg

When I am back from my strolling around second time, I see the work has been completed. It looked like this before we handed over for firing.

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00297.jpg

Our date for collection is 12 Jul, but mostly I will go on 15/16. I will post the pics of the fired BULL.

After a colourful day we return back home at almost night.
Old 8th July 2010, 22:16   #170
BHPian

aboslutely stunning account. hating myself for not reading it for so many days, but made up for it in a single go

isn't it a tram, rather than a metro?

TB, towards the end if you can sum up the viewables, and give a proabble timeline and itinerary for vacation, it will do real good.
Old 8th July 2010, 22:27   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
aboslutely stunning account. hating myself for not reading it for so many days, but made up for it in a single go

isn't it a tram, rather than a metro?

TB, towards the end if you can sum up the viewables, and give a proabble timeline and itinerary for vacation, it will do real good.
No, its metro! but there are crossings for vehicles to cross. Generally there is a traffic policeman to control the traffic. In that sense you may call it a tram. Its pretty high speed. The rails are not on road (except crossings), but between the two way road shielded by dividers. The catch is that wherever there is a road cross (not many of them), there is a station just before them. Secondly, they call it a metro so be it.

Well, I am here for one and half years. I would can sum it up that time. But, the itinerary would change for time and budget. If anyone wants me to make a sample itinerary for a particular budget and time frame, I would gladly do that anytime.
Old 8th July 2010, 23:08   #172
Senior - BHPian

@Taurean - Pannello cafe indeed seems to be a good place & you know what? I loved reading the menu. I wish you'd posted the entire menu here . Really I admit, I loved reading the menu & it gives me an immense pleasure to know that people do eat such kind of food.

The pic on ceramic has come out good; would be waiting to see how it looks after burning on 15th right?

That's one of a good concept restaurant & I'm sure you loved the ambience as much as we did. Oh!!! BTW, how was the food? Was it good?
Old 8th July 2010, 23:43   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Taurean - Pannello cafe indeed seems to be a good place & you know what? I loved reading the menu. I wish you'd posted the entire menu here . Really I admit, I loved reading the menu & it gives me an immense pleasure to know that people do eat such kind of food.

The pic on ceramic has come out good; would be waiting to see how it looks after burning on 15th right?

That's one of a good concept restaurant & I'm sure you loved the ambience as much as we did. Oh!!! BTW, how was the food? Was it good?
I will try and get the cafe menu full next time. Such kind of menu are pretty popular here. People love fast food here.

The date given is 12th. However, I might go on on 15th being holiday. But surely latest by 15th.

Yes, ambience was great. Infact sometimes I would love to go in the evening and sit outside in the small garden.

Yes, food was good. Infact great. I loved the food!
Old 9th July 2010, 00:24   #174
BHPian

interesting and a very different travelouge T.Bull..Really enjoyed the pictures. I never thought the Pyramids are soo huge. From the pics I could see that its as big as a mountain.
Old 9th July 2010, 01:01   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
interesting and a very different travelouge T.Bull..Really enjoyed the pictures. I never thought the Pyramids are soo huge. From the pics I could see that its as big as a mountain.
Thanks. Yes the Pyramids are huge especially the Giza pyramids. Khufu's Pyramid was the tallest creation by mankind for more than 3800 years!!! Yes, you say they are as big as mountain. For the information, till now the exact method used to construct these pyramids mainly cutting, transportation and lifting of stones has not been identified. All this was done without any machines. BTW this pyramid is made from 2.3 million stone blocks each weighing several tonnes. Some of the blocks are more than 50 tonnes and were brought from Aswan-500km away!
Old 9th July 2010, 15:00   #176
Senior - BHPian

Ancient Egypt

Some pics from the ancient Egypt to clarify certain issues. Handed over to me by an Egyptian friend in the power point presentation. I have located the source of the pics. There are more pictures there. I am posting few.

Source & Credit:-

Egypt From 150 Years, rare pics - Egypt Forums

The Pyramids and Nile before the construction of Aswan High Dam. This pic dates to 1877. Just have a look how close to the Pyramids the Nile used to flow making it possible to ship the stones all the way from Aswan. (900 km). Now the Pyramids lie several kms away from Nile.

My Egypt Days : Photologue-picture32.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-pyramidsofegypt2.jpg

The Sphinx before it was restored and fully uncovered. You can see the paws under the sand and rubble.

My Egypt Days : Photologue-picture21a.jpg

صورة منذ 110 سنة لأب&#

Last edited by TaureanBull : 9th July 2010 at 15:01.
Old 9th July 2010, 15:06   #177
Senior - BHPian

Ancient Egypt

I think the second pic of Sphinx did not load. I will post again. The Source and Credit as before.

Name:  Sphinx.bmp
Views: 1770
Size:  664.7 KB
Old 9th July 2010, 15:12   #178
Senior - BHPian

Ancient & Modern Egypt

The last set of old pics.

Source and Credit :

The erosion of women's rights in Egypt, illustrated - Jihad Watch

and as before.

Egyptian Woman in 1880s

Name:  Costume 1.bmp
Views: 1473
Size:  709.0 KB

Cairo University : 1978

My Egypt Days : Photologue-classof78.jpg

Cairo University : 2004

My Egypt Days : Photologue-classof04.jpg
This should give you some insight into the changing culture.
Old 9th July 2010, 16:21   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
I entirely agree. Feeling same here. This is a different TL, and very well written from heart.
Old 9th July 2010, 20:47   #180
BHPian

Excellent pics, nice to see Egypt through your travelogue.

I am not sure whether anyone answered or not, is that 'pineapple' in the first pic of your post # 139?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks