Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 16:47   #151
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful narration and pics, man! Just loved thosee Suez canal pics.
Old 6th July 2010, 18:12   #152
Senior - BHPian

Ismailia : Suez Canal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Wonderful narration and pics, man! Just loved thosee Suez canal pics.
Thanks a lot for the appreciation.

Here is the promised video of the Canal Crossing.

Old 7th July 2010, 00:52   #153
Senior - BHPian

@Taurean - any idea as how frequent the ships cross the canal? I hope there's nothing more attractive in Ismailia other than the canal & beach. Right? BTW, are these too live travelogues or something that you've visited in the past?
Old 7th July 2010, 00:58   #154
Senior - BHPian

Great thread and equally good pictures. Anyone visiting Egypt should visit this thread first and then pick up the lonely planet Egyptian Digest.
Old 7th July 2010, 01:15   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Great thread and equally good pictures. Anyone visiting Egypt should visit this thread first and then pick up the lonely planet Egyptian Digest.
Thanks for the appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Taurean - any idea as how frequent the ships cross the canal? I hope there's nothing more attractive in Ismailia other than the canal & beach. Right? BTW, are these too live travelogues or something that you've visited in the past?
Yes. The ships cross continuously with a gap of about 15mins or say about a km. At one time (at the place where I was) you can see a ship in front of you and another in the far distance. Normally half day the traffic is South to North and rest the other way round. The canal is one way.

Yep, the canal and the beach thats all.

I think you did not read the narration. The last two visits were live. The one to Dahshur, Memphis & Saqqarah (03 Jul) and now to Ismailia. I went to Ismailia on 05 Jul and posted it in the evening after I returned. Everything now is LIVE.
Old 7th July 2010, 01:56   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
I think you did not read the narration. The last two visits were live. The one to Dahshur, Memphis & Saqqarah (03 Jul) and now to Ismailia. I went to Ismailia on 05 Jul and posted it in the evening after I returned. Everything now is LIVE.
I'm very much aware of the fact that this thread has become live since last weekend. However when I see that the travelogue being posted on Wednesday, during a weekday, I'd this question, if this is still live.
Old 7th July 2010, 02:08   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm very much aware of the fact that this thread has become live since last weekend. However when I see that the travelogue being posted on Wednesday, during a weekday, I'd this question, if this is still live.
Sorry for not clarifying. But I am on holiday for a week . Else my holidays are on Thursday and Friday.
Old 7th July 2010, 02:23   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for not clarifying. But I am on holiday for a week . Else my holidays are on Thursday and Friday.
That explains the live travelogue . But I'm wondering, vacation & that too when deputed abroad? Enjoy!!!

If you happen to see an Oasis, pls post some pics of it.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:27   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That explains the live travelogue . But I'm wondering, vacation & that too when deputed abroad? Enjoy!!!

If you happen to see an Oasis, pls post some pics of it.
After all I am also a human being. I think over a period of 18 months I deserve some leave.

I think you asked this question before too, but I forgot to answer that. There are three major areas left for me to visit.

1. Luxor-Aswan by Nile Cruise (sometime in Nov this year).

2. Siwa and Baharayia Oasis. Some excellent locations there. Planned in Nov-Dec.

3. Sharm-el-Sheikh/Sinai/Dahab. Next year.

All these trips are about 4-5 days to a week. I wanted to go these places in this vacation but its summer and its very hot in Oasis and Luxor/Aswan. Sharme-el-Sheikh and Dahab are nice now but Sinai again is hot and all three make one complete package. So, you will have to wait for some time. Everything will be covered before I leave thats the plan.
Old 7th July 2010, 11:51   #160
BHPian

This thread is an Eye opener to Egypt my dear Taurean. Fantastic effort from you to show us this part of the world and the heritage. Do keep this thread live regularly......
Old 7th July 2010, 16:40   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
This thread is an Eye opener to Egypt my dear Taurean. Fantastic effort from you to show us this part of the world and the heritage. Do keep this thread live regularly......
Thanks a lot. I will keep the thread live till the time I am here. Later on for any advice if anyone needs.

Planning to go to a Ceramic Cafe in the evening. If it happens will post the details in the evening.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:26   #162
Senior - BHPian

Il Pannello Ceramic Cafe

As told in my previous post, We went to the Il Pannello Cafe yesterday evening. I had found out about this cafe from internet. I noted down the address and in the evening we left for the cafe.

About the Cafe

The cafe is to nurture the artist in everybody's heart. They have almirahs full of raw Ceramic Stuff. Pick up any one of them for 35-150 LE. You will get 5 colours of your choice, colour tray and brushes. Sit down on the table and let the artist in you do the talking.

You can order drinks/snacks/meals too. Once you finish painting the raw Ceramic stuff, hand it over to the counter. They will fire it in kiln and give you back after 1 week.

Our Visit

My daughter has school vacations for 2 months, so we wanted to try out this cafe. We took the taxi and headed for the place. We got down at the Haroon Rasheed square as mentioned in the address.

Taxi fare : LE 15/-

I started searching for the place. We go up and down the street. The cafe is no where to be seen. Has the cafe closed? I ask a man and he shows ignorance. He has never heard this name before.

BTW, I had forgotten the address slip at home. Daughter and wife are disappointed. Wife argues with me that I should ask some other person. I tell her that its a French cafe with French name and its for hobbyists which not many people would know.

"Why dont men ask directions?"

"Ok. I will wait. You ask directions then we will go."

She is quiet. I tell them to wait at a place as I search. As it turned out, it was on the other side of the street which we had missed while we were searching. I call them up to join me. 1 hour wasted.

I catch few pics of Cairo Metro in action as the family crossed road and joined me.

So close...

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00227.jpg

What way to skirt..

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00228.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00229.jpg

I dunno what this structure is for?

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00232.jpg
Old 8th July 2010, 11:41   #163
Senior - BHPian

Very nice pics indeed.
Keep them coming. Just noticed that they are not having Team-BHP watermark.
There is a potential for misuse.
Mods kindly watermark them.
Old 8th July 2010, 11:55   #164
Senior - BHPian

Il Pannello Ceramic Cafe

We enter the cafe. A very polite staff greets us and they know from our face that its our first time. One of them briefs us about the cafe, mostly which I knew from the internet. He then takes us to the Ceramic Alimirahs to choose. The cafe has two floors and an outside sitting too. These almirahs are located on both the floors. We check both of them and settle down on the ground floor, it being a non-smokers zone.

The Cafe

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00234.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00287.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00235.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00291.jpg

The Almirahs of Raw Ceramics

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00246.jpg

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00247.jpg

Daughter's Choice (Bull)

My Egypt Days : Photologue-dsc00239.jpg
Old 8th July 2010, 12:35   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Do i see a guy above that metro? or is it just me?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks