Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 10:40   #31
BHPian

very nice trip, absolutely enjoyed the photographs. Thank you for posting!!!
Old 27th April 2010, 18:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Nice travelogue mate!!
Thoroughly enjoyed all the pictures especially the wildlife ones.

BTW I am new to the world of dSLR and you are already quite experienced (judging from your gear)! What is the the advantage of using 2 teleconverters 1.4x and 2x? Can they be and/or Do you use both of them at the same time?
And using them together or in isolation does it hamper the IQ of the shots taken.
Thanks & Cheers
Old 27th April 2010, 21:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Micrographics,
That's a very comprehensive travelogue!
Covered so much in a short time, well documented in pictures and words.
Which L series and focal length lens are you using ?
Noticed in the close up that there is a blur in the near center portion of the photograph of the hawk eagle and tiger close up, why? Are those two images cropped or in their original state?
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Old 29th April 2010, 15:14   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Nice travelogue mate!!
Thoroughly enjoyed all the pictures especially the wildlife ones.

BTW I am new to the world of dSLR and you are already quite experienced (judging from your gear)! What is the the advantage of using 2 teleconverters 1.4x and 2x? Can they be and/or Do you use both of them at the same time?
And using them together or in isolation does it hamper the IQ of the shots taken.
Thanks & Cheers

Harjeev

I've both 1.4x and 2x Teleconverter and use them depending on the subject.

If subject is too far and light is good then occassionally I use 1.4x and 2x stacked together to get the subject closer. This definitely reduces the IQ but what I feel is that the IQ is not bad in comparison to other TCs and lenses combination.

The L series lenses are one of the best breed of lenses and 300/2.8 lens is their best for birding and mammals alike.
Old 29th April 2010, 15:16   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Micrographics,
That's a very comprehensive travelogue!
Covered so much in a short time, well documented in pictures and words.
Which L series and focal length lens are you using ?
Noticed in the close up that there is a blur in the near center portion of the photograph of the hawk eagle and tiger close up, why? Are those two images cropped or in their original state?
Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Fazal, The close up of Tiger and Hawk were taken in evening around 5.30 when light was less and taken from the JEEP without any beanbag or tripod and slightly cropped as well to avoid unwanted matter from the image.

I'm using Canon 300/2.8 lens on EOS7D and occassionally combined with 1.4x and/or 2X Converters.
Old 29th April 2010, 18:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Harjeev

If subject is too far and light is good then occassionally I use 1.4x and 2x stacked together to get the subject closer. This definitely reduces the IQ but what I feel is that the IQ is not bad in comparison to other TCs and lenses combination.

The L series lenses are one of the best breed of lenses and 300/2.8 lens is their best for birding and mammals alike.
Quote:
Fazal, The close up of Tiger and Hawk were taken in evening around 5.30 when light was less and taken from the JEEP without any beanbag or tripod and slightly cropped as well to avoid unwanted matter from the image.

I'm using Canon 300/2.8 lens on EOS7D and occassionally combined with 1.4x and/or 2X Converters.
Thanks micrographics for your clarification.

Quote:
Quote:
So judging from your reply you at some occasions use both the teleconverters simultaneously which must be giving you a range of 840mm on a 1.6 crop body. Right?
That a hell lot of a range Great for anything!!! Love it!
BTW just looked up the specs on the EF300 f 2.8 L IS USM. Thats some equipment you have there and no doubt you are putting it to good use.
Old 30th April 2010, 20:32   #37
BANNED

Harjeev

My main use of 300/2.8 with 7D and converters is for Wildlife Photography which I'm doing for past 10 years.

some of my images are posted at India Nature Watch

You can also visit my Website at Browse Album :: Gallery

Thanks for the comments.
Old 30th April 2010, 23:14   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

@micrographics: Your photographs are - in one word - amazing. Thank you for sharing them with us on this forum.
Old 16th July 2010, 11:54   #39
BHPian

I came across this thread while researching for some information and cannot refrain from commenting.

Quote:
Golconda is a good place but I felt that instead of serious visitors, I found young girls and boys engaged in compromising positions spread every where without worrying about the other peoples. Atleast I saw similar things in Goldconda atleast 10 different locations. Archeology Department is doing nothing to stop such activities either with the help of Police or other law enforcing agencies. you can see first image of goldconda fort where two your pairs are sitting at the entrance.
You found young girls and boys engaged in compromising positions only at Golconda Fort in Hyderabad ... I find them everywhere across the length and breadth of not only Hyderabad but across the country ... was it not only a few years back that cops attacked and molested girls at a Meerut park as they decided to play the moral card but ended up proving themselves as frustrated, starved and depraved human beings?

Quote:
The Snow World is a good place for fun but as I'm from North India, I did not liked the arrangement and method of keeping the place cold using Air Conditioners but I think there is no other way to keep the snow is its natural without using ACs.
As a kid living just a hours drive from Mussourie, I used to travel there for playing in the snow the moment we used to get information that it had snowed in Mussourie. Despite having played in snow to ones hearts content, I find Hyderabad's Snow World as a very brave attempt to replicate and provide the thrill to all those who cannot reach the real snow and find this place to be pretty much world class.

Quote:
I hope you like my whole travelogue and your comments, suggestions will help and prompt me in doing more and more long drives.
Looking forward to your future TLs as this one has so much of useful commercial details to help me plan my travels.

Quote:
You can contact me any time for any query on Photographic equipments by calling me at
I'm staying in Padmanbha Nagar, Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
i do not recommend you to keep your mobile number in a public forum
you may request a moderator and get it removed/deleted.
Quote:
Moderators, please remove my contact no. from post # 28 of this thread.
Looks like the request for removal of the mobile number escaped the notice of the moderators!
Old 16th July 2010, 14:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Micrographics : Excellent pics. You have a very nice equipment with you. I bought my D90 yesterday. Telephoto will have to wait for sometime.

Great writeup and detailed info.

Rated 5*.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:55   #41
BHPian

Micrographics, very well written and excellent snaps and camera gear. Even i am in the hunt for a budget DSLR (It would be a nikon D5000, probably). Dont know when i can match your kind of stuff.
[quote=hyd_traveller;1983855]I came across this thread while researching for some information and cannot refrain from commenting.

You found young girls and boys engaged in compromising positions only at Golconda Fort in Hyderabad ... I find them everywhere across the length and breadth of not only Hyderabad but across the countryquote]

Well, thats the sad state of affairs. What MG was probably trying to point out here is how our national heritage sites are being misused. Nothing aimed at Hyderabad specifically is my guess.
Quote:
Moderators, please remove my contact no. from post # 28 of this thread.
I think you can edit your post and remove it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Micrographics : Excellent pics. You have a very nice equipment with you. I bought my D90 yesterday. Telephoto will have to wait for sometime.

Great writeup and detailed info.

Rated 5*.
5 star from me too! Good buy TB. you managed to sneak one out of India or paid the extra bhaksheesh and bought it from Egypt itself ?
Old 16th July 2010, 19:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Good buy TB. you managed to sneak one out of India or paid the extra bhaksheesh and bought it from Egypt itself ?
No, not from India. Got it from here. Baksheesh wont work here! Posted the small story about it in my Egypt Photologue thread and also in DSLR thread.
Old 19th July 2010, 19:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

this is a good travelogue, and for sure you have put in all financial details of the trip. Very educative regarding the cameras as well.
Trust the logan is doing well after the trip? How comfortable was the drive, did you have any shaky moments on your long drive
The tiger snaps are just too good. Definetly on my travel plan as well.
Old 20th July 2010, 06:25   #44
BHPian

Awsome Trip, Awsome tigers, Awsome milage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks