Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 10:51   #31
BHPian

itna jaldi safari khatam? plz... continue... its like an interesting movie ended abruptly half way....

gr8 pictures by the way.
Old 28th March 2010, 21:25   #32
Icy

Well to continue with the remainder of the Kanha leg, the early scare soon gave way to a very light drizzle and the park gates eventually opened around 8:30 am I think. It was a challenge to wrap up the cameras in polybags to prevent them from getting wet and try and take photographs or shoot video footage at the same time. Thankfully the drizzle stopped soon and we had bright sunshine and absolutely brilliant colours all around. No tiger spotting for the day despite long waits in a couple of spots tracking animal calls. Later we did here reports that groups of tourists have had significant tiger sightings elsewhere.

By day three afternoon, we were almost desperate and our driver decided to beat the crowd by ensuring we get in first and thank god for that considering what unfolded later. The sheer excitement and thrill of seeing the tiger up, close and personal made the trip really memorable. Razor has already posted the relevant photo's. I'll sign off on the Kanha leg by posting some more photographs. Given time, we shall try and complete the Bedaghat and Khajuraho legs later, though those would hardly be as exciting as what has been written thus far.

Elephants used for getting close to the big cats observed off the roads.

MP, Dec 2009 - the Land of the Tigers-img_8683.jpg

Brilliant colours of the jungle and the sky after the rain on day 2.

MP, Dec 2009 - the Land of the Tigers-img_8913.jpg

MP, Dec 2009 - the Land of the Tigers-img_9036.jpg

MP, Dec 2009 - the Land of the Tigers-img_9332.jpg

Colours of dusk and sunset over the Kanha jungle ...

MP, Dec 2009 - the Land of the Tigers-img_9092.jpg

MP, Dec 2009 - the Land of the Tigers-img_9100.jpg

MP, Dec 2009 - the Land of the Tigers-img_9140.jpg

The road in/out of Kanha ... it's just over 3 months since our visit, but we have been discussing when we can go back next ...

MP, Dec 2009 - the Land of the Tigers-img_8488.jpg
Old 29th March 2010, 10:52   #33
BHPian

the last snap is too good buddy!!!
Old 31st March 2010, 11:28   #34
BHPian

Hey Razor & Icy:

Great going and fantastic shots of the wildlife and landscape. You guys were very lucky to sight a tiger right on the trail.

I had visited Kanha last weekend and could sight 3 tigers on Sunday, 28th March. But all of them were some distance away and I was hampered by the lack of long lens. But the most memorable action that I saw a tigress hunting a spotted deer fawn. We saw her right from the time, the tigress started to stalk the prey to the climax when she was carrying the kill away to feed her cubs.

The other sightings were of a female & male sleeping away to glory in the afternoon heat. Well, seperately!!

And yes, you are right Kanha really evokes a desire to go back..I have been there 2 times already in the past year and planning to go back in May just before the rains.

Cheers!
Fatboyslim
Old 16th July 2011, 09:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: MP, Dec 2009 - the Land of the Tigers

Lovely travelogue - thanks for sharing!
Old 19th July 2011, 16:26   #36
BHPian

Wow, superb one. Seems you have a nice sighting of the kings.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:39   #37
BHPian

Sir,
Wonderfull TL. I really liked the picture of the tiger sleeping on the trail . The strip pattern on its back is so vibrant and beautiful, Usually we cannot take our eyes of the tigers face and its cold eyes leaving very little scope to notice anything else.
Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks