Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 18:12   #256
BHPian

6th picture is absolutely majestic, thanks for posting these, expecting some more to come soon
Old 8th April 2010, 22:21   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
A failed case of wild-oriented training of a Captive Bred Tiger
Which one is the tiger? The white one or brown?
'Shikari khud yahan shikar ho gaaya....ooooOh HO!'
Old 9th April 2010, 11:26   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
No idea about this, but at Tadoba, Mr. Max Ali from Hyderabad captured 9 tigers (including family of 5 in pic. posted on this thread by Abheekg) and 3 panthers on his camera in a period of 3 days.
Magnificent that tiger and panthers in this volume are being sighted at Tadoba today.
A friend of mine was in Bandhavgarh for 3 days sometime back and they managed to capture 5 tigers (including 3 cubs). I think central India is really a great place to be sighting Tigers as of now!
Old 9th April 2010, 11:30   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abheekg View Post
Sorry folks for the delay in the travelogue.
Enjoy some of the pics in the meanwhile.
This is a pic showing all the 4 cubs in a frame as shot by my friend.

I have made up my mind to go back to tadoba whenever possible this summer to experience the innocence of tiger cubs. I am going back this saturday+sunday or only sunday . Anyone interested in joining me ?

I will again probably plan to go to tadoba between 2nd to 4th april (goodfriday+weekend) .

My second camera body with a new lens to shoot these cubs is on its way from the US.

Enjoy this special pic in the meanwhile.

Attachment 310358

P.S: fazal saab when r u planning to come down next. you must simply not miss this opportunity to get lifetime tiger cub shots.

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
mobile: 09960332228
dr.abheek@gmail.com

I just cannot believe that I am missing out on something like this. Wish I could make it. Dr. Ghossh next summer I will definitely be there. I hope you have an offer like that of staying in the jungles for 5 days again. I so envy you.
Old 9th April 2010, 12:28   #260
Senior - BHPian

I just bought a HP Mini netbook so will be able to post some pictures soon. The camera and the memory card as well as the film developed prints are in Mumbai. I will have them with me by coming Tuesday. Will definitely post some then.
Old 9th April 2010, 13:36   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
I just cannot believe that I am missing out on something like this. Wish I could make it. Dr. Ghossh next summer I will definitely be there. I hope you have an offer like that of staying in the jungles for 5 days again. I so envy you.
Sarmarishi,
Just cannot believe that I am missing out on this too. Dr. Ghosh, I am first in the line of "Envy you" remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I just bought a HP Mini netbook so will be able to post some pictures soon. The camera and the memory card as well as the film developed prints are in Mumbai. I will have them with me by coming Tuesday. Will definitely post some then.
Sparkled,
WHEN?
We are very eagerly awaiting your pics.
Regards,
Old 9th April 2010, 17:53   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

An interesting thing to note at the Darjeeling Zoo is their abhorrence of the use of the word "Bengal" anywhere. Thus, the Panthera tigris tigris is labelled as the Indian tiger rather than the Royal Bengal Tiger.

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-tiger.jpg
Old 10th April 2010, 12:40   #263
BHPian

Amazing Pictures Dr.Ghosh. I would love to join you in one of your workshops.
Old 10th April 2010, 14:59   #264
Senior - BHPian

Simply wonderful. There arent enough words to describe my happiness after going through this thread over almost 4 hours. Stunning photography of the beasts and the reserve itself. Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with us.

Im making plans to visit Tadoba, Pench during the 2nd week of May. I hope it will be a good time. Heat is not a concern. Will 1 week be sufficient for the visit ? I will hopefully be accompanied by a friend who is awildlife biologist and an active researcher & conservationist in Orissa and was part of a recent independent tiger census in Simlipal, Orissa.

Regards,

Jay

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 10th April 2010 at 15:06.
Old 11th April 2010, 18:48   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Simply wonderful. There arent enough words to describe my happiness after going through this thread over almost 4 hours. Stunning photography of the beasts and the reserve itself. Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with us.

Im making plans to visit Tadoba, Pench during the 2nd week of May. I hope it will be a good time. Heat is not a concern. Will 1 week be sufficient for the visit ?
Jay,
Thank you on behalf of all who have contributed to this thread and myself.
The pleasure is ours.
May is going to be a treat for wildlife sighting, but the worst time in years for the wildlife there as the rains there were very poor last year, it is scorching and the water holes are all dried up to crust.
Tankers are catering to the water needs of resident wildlife and as the water pans are by the roadside, plenty of sightings are reported including big cats. Be there at least for 2 days ( 4 rounds in the reserve) Tuesday Tadoba is closed and Pench (MP) on Monday, schedule accordingly.
Bandhrvagarh, try to fit it into your travel plans....excellent sightings going on there too.
Regards,
Old 12th April 2010, 00:37   #266
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info Fazal. I will get in touch with you and Dr. Abheek before I finalize my dates and plan. Any further info and advice will be welcome.
Last year I was in Orissa to watch the mass nesting of Olive Ridley turtles. Thanks to my researcher friend I was able to walk right into the middle of the nesting. There were thousands of turtles all over the beach. I was a treat to see the big turtles in action and a totally humbling experience too to learn about these wonderful creatures..
Respect is one element that learns after such encounters. Something that we lack nowadays towards nature and all other beings.
Old 12th April 2010, 09:12   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info Fazal. I will get in touch with you and Dr. Abheek before I finalize my dates and plan. Any further info and advice will be welcome.
Last year I was in Orissa to watch the mass nesting of Olive Ridley turtles. Thanks to my researcher friend I was able to walk right into the middle of the nesting. There were thousands of turtles all over the beach. I was a treat to see the big turtles in action and a totally humbling experience too to learn about these wonderful creatures..
Respect is one element that learns after such encounters. Something that we lack nowadays towards nature and all other beings.
Jay,
Anytime.

Everything to do with wildlife and its ways of surviving day to day in these times is definitely a humbling experience and makes us feel very small at the way we disrespect their boundaries and right to co-exist.

Regards,
Old 14th April 2010, 04:04   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
6th picture is absolutely majestic, thanks for posting these, expecting some more to come soon
thank you srikanth.

Quote:
A friend of mine was in Bandhavgarh for 3 days sometime back and they managed to capture 5 tigers (including 3 cubs). I think central India is really a great place to be sighting Tigers as of now!
you bet

Quote:
You can still try this year. Whats stopping you from making this trip ?

Quote:
hope to see them soon sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalaliadil View Post
Sarmarishi,
Just cannot believe that I am missing out on this too. Dr. Ghosh, I am first in the line of "Envy you" remember.
And I envy you for all your jeeps !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
Amazing Pictures Dr.Ghosh. I would love to join you in one of your workshops.
if you can sms me your number on 09960332228, I can call you back when the next workshop is planned. we have some plans for a workshop this month end in pench and next month in bandhavgad.

Quote:
L
It will be a pleasure assisting you in this trip. if you are planning for the second week of may then this is high time. I advise you to get your bookings done to avoid the escalating costs at the last moment. Let me know if you want any help with your bookings and safari planning.
Old 14th April 2010, 13:23   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys anyone who wants to see tigers should go here. It truly is a tiger paradise. I thought my tiger sightings at Ranthambhore were good but Bandhavgarh is altogether in a different class.
Completely agree. Primary reason being the smaller (compared to other bigger NPs like Ranthambhore and Kanha) area and therefore, a higher tiger density. The day we landed there, our guide said 'Saab, agar aap ko Bandhavgarh mein tiger nahin dikha to aap ka naseeb bahut kharab hai' [If you do not spot a tiger in Bandhavgarh, then your luck is really bad] And what do you know, we saw tigers on every one of our three trips inside the park...
Old 14th April 2010, 14:54   #270
Senior - BHPian

OK!! Finally was able to get my hands on a few of the pictures taken at Bandhavgarh.
Attached Thumbnails
Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dsc_5480.jpg  

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dsc_5517.jpg  

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dsc_5549.jpg  

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dsc_5551.jpg  

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dsc_5532.jpg  

Tadoba, Pench forests, wildlife and 4 tigers!-dsc_5611.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks