Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2010, 00:15   #331
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
You always change the definition of adventure.:
Ha ha ha. Fate Bhau. Sometimes no matter how careful you are, things end up like this. Sometimes no matter how careless you are, nothing ever goes wrong. In the end, it all evens out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
What a adventure and I guess Shiva was watching over you. You were really crazy to attempt this in that condition.
Guess so. Guess he lent his third eye to me for a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I hope you have all recovered!
Esp you ! Eyes, legs and rest of the senses!

What a drive! And yes there are good samaritans all over.
Almost yes. My eyes are almost normal. And leg is getting better. I can walk freely now! Thanks for your wishes. Rest of the senses, I'm not sure.
Especially when one drives across Bhatkal.

Here's three pics giving a snapshot of my travel across Bhatkal. All taken from my gps logs!

Honnavara to Baindur -
Distance: 57.3 kms
Elapsed time: 1 Hr 56 Mins 32 Secs
Avg speed: 30 kph
A trip close to heart - Pune to Tirunelveli-bhatkal-1.jpg

7 kms on either side of Bhatkal with half a km through the town -
Distance: 14.5 kms
Elapsed time: 0 Hr 51 Mins 4 secs
Avg speed: 17 kph
A trip close to heart - Pune to Tirunelveli-bhatkal-2.jpg

5 kms of Horror stretch

Distance: 5 kms
Elapsed time: 0 Hr 29 mins 3 secs
Avg speed: 10 kph
A trip close to heart - Pune to Tirunelveli-bhatkal-3.jpg

This stretch should be preserved! Next time any minister wants to travel to this part of the world, we should ask his pilot to use this 5 km stretch as the runway.
Old 1st November 2010, 06:48   #332
Senior - BHPian

MX6, those were scary stats! NH17 around Bhatkal seems to be doomed to be chronically a bad stretch, is there any hope for improvement?
Old 8th November 2010, 16:49   #333
BHPian

MX6,

My family doc always suggests " CIPLOX or CIPLON" eye drops for trating MADRAS EYE or conjuctivitis. It is much better than APPCAPS because it does not form a thick layer. May be a delayed info for you. Wonderful that you reached Home safely after all the hurdles...

Regards,
Venkatesh
Old 16th January 2011, 11:06   #334
BHPian

Re: A trip close to heart - Pune to Tirunelveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Baby changing mat. When you want to change nappies, spread this out as in photo on the car seat. Baby lies on the white part and you pull out nappies and wipes stored on the side compartment as in photo and do the clean up job. Refill as and when the nappies and wipes get exhausted. It's good and will ensure that baby poo and urine don't spill over to your seat!
Attachment 346264

And when folded, the changing mat can be attached to your pram like this. Not just in car, take it where ever you go. Any remote corner, you can change this. Dispose of used nappies responsibly in proper dust-bins.
Attachment 346265
Hi MX, after reading your thread few weeks back, I tried looking out for the changing mat. But I am unable to find this particular one, tried in various stores, but no luck. Any pointers where can I get this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Another thing I found in my initial drives. She got cranky after sun set. So I had to go for this reading lamp and costed me 400 bucks to get it fitted in my ikon. Initial days we had to switch it on when it became dark so that she could continue playing with her toys or reading her books. A light is a must for babies during initial days. This with a flexible long stalk ensured that it didn't interfere with my driving and was pointed down in to her car seat where she sat!
Attachment 346274
I think this is a very useful. I wish to put one up in my car too. Would be very useful to see a picture of how you have put this up. Do you think you would have a picture of this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks