Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 15:28   #1
BHPian

Is this Goa ?

This is my first travelogue

Goa 26 Dec to 1 Jan.
Traveller's : Me and Me Aunt

My manager told me that I had to take my 'mandatory' leave as I have accumulated too much. Hope he didnt notice the the Tbhp window I had opened and resized to fit the lower portion of my computer screen.
He would know exactly what I was up too accumulating all that leave.

Now at such a short notice especially being the holiday season where everyone has made plans it was difficult to get anyone to come along with me. When word got out that I was looking for company to go for a short holiday the standard excuse I got from the rest was you should have told me earlier.

The only person willing to come with me was my aunt ( double my age ) because she had some work in Goa - so much for my popularity points.So it was decided a short holiday in Goa. Now this was not going to be a normal Goa beachy holiday. We were headed for her relatives house far away from any beach. Now I have stayed at this place make be 15-20 years ago when I was young but ever since that I only visted it for a few hours on my earlier trips. Staying there was a whole new experience.

This place is not something that comes to mind when you thing GOA. The name of the place is Revora and its little more than half an hour from Mapsuca.
Though it only 30-40 mins away its a world away in terms of its serenity.
There is virtually nothing there, to do, Nothing!.

All I did was read and read, thank god there were books in the house.
When I asked around for any thing I could do to keep me from goin crazy, one fellow told me to go to the bridge. So to the bridge I went, armed with my camera I and my new found cousin went to 'the bridge'. The bridge and the walk to it was a visual treat.I will let the pics do the talking.Anyway there isin't much to say about the rest of my 5 day trip.Visited Mapsuca couple times to buy some cashew nuts for the nuts in the office bought some Port Wine No 7 ( for myself).

Baga beach was too crowded so I left in half and hour, after taking some pics and getting a quick massage done(a quicky).
The only other thing that is worth mentioning is the food, which was a slight annoyance, being a virtual vegetarian living with a goan family who swear by Fish, Chicken and Pooooork. I had to make do with a cheese sandwich for lunch and dinner on a couple occasions.
Then on the last day waiting at the bus stop I spotted a Chinese stall (Mumbai style - Red Cart, Chinese lookin cook et al). I dont know if I was hungry or it was really tasty - but that Triple Schezwan Rice I ate was awesome.

Oh I forgot to mention I attended a wedding along with the family I was staying with. I must say going for a wedding semi uninvited is fun. Some part of me caused me to just cut loose and dance, but the ride back home was scary as hell, with an inebriated rider who said - when he had a little he could ride better. - Crap. But I had no choice. Thats about it for now hope you had fun reading it.
Attached Thumbnails
Is this Goa ?-1-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-2-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-3-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-4-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-5-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-6-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-7-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-8-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-9-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-10-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-11-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-12-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-13-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-14-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-15-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-16-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-17-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-18-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-20-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-21-large.jpg  

Last edited by alter.e.go : 18th January 2010 at 15:35. Reason: spelling
Old 18th January 2010, 15:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Always nice to read about and see pics of Goa, hope that you will be posting a few more pics !
Old 18th January 2010, 15:46   #3
BHPian

Great pictures. Please upload few more if you have. Please also mention which are the places under the pictures.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:52   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. Views of Goa not normally shown. Reminds me a bit of Kerala too.
Old 18th January 2010, 21:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

That is the Chapora river, right? How did you go? Road or Rail. This bridge you walked to, was it a road or rail bridge. There is something in Goa about new road bridges, cause they all say the same thing. Go to see the bridge. Nice pictures reminds me of the Chiplun river that you see when going by train to goa. Speaking about bridges I simply loved the old Colvale bridge driving past on a foggy morning.
Old 18th January 2010, 23:39   #6
Team-BHP Support

I see another one with a railway heart ! The snaps of the track coupled with the rivers is just too good.
Old 19th January 2010, 00:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
That is the Chapora river, right? How did you go? Road or Rail. This bridge you walked to, was it a road or rail bridge. There is something in Goa about new road bridges, cause they all say the same thing. Go to see the bridge. Nice pictures reminds me of the Chiplun river that you see when going by train to goa. Speaking about bridges I simply loved the old Colvale bridge driving past on a foggy morning.
Yup its the Chapora river. We went by road. You need to walk along the river a little and then get on to the bridge. I too have fond memories of the old colvale bridge, It used to be my landmark that I have reached Goa.
Old 19th January 2010, 11:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

You're right about the feeling of having reached Goa when one saw the old colvale bridge. I loved that place so much that I used to dream of owning a house in colvale. Even to the extent of wanting to buy a friends plinth level house. It's a good palce to retire in and have a boat of your own then.
Did you mean you drove down to Goa from Mumbai. If yes then which road did you take and what is the road condition. I'm not sure if you meant you went by road to the bridge.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:34   #9
BHPian

Now this is a Trip , nothing to do , just eat and laze around , no trekking and paddling and what not in other trips that we go.

Nothing to do , cause there is Nothing to do.!!!

What a beauty of a trip , my friend.

Would have loved to do this trip myself but alas life is cruel.
Old 19th January 2010, 16:34   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice. This is like seeing the other side of goa. We mere mortals only go to beaches and dont bother looking at this other side of beauty of backwaters a.l.a "gods own country"

Good pictures. Post more if you have them.
Old 20th January 2010, 02:23   #11
BHPian

Some more pics

Some more pics ...

In case you are wondering whats in the jar - they are sausages. One on those Non Veg things which I like.
Attached Thumbnails
Is this Goa ?-dscf3186-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-dscf3187-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-dscf3257-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-dscf3353-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-dscf3387-large.jpg  

Is this Goa ?-dscf3388-large.jpg  

Old 20th January 2010, 22:24   #12
BHPian

Super pics, and thank you for reminding me how lucky I am!
Old 20th January 2010, 23:18   #13
BHPian

Am reminded of Kerala. If you had not mentioned the place, i would have assumed the place to be Kerala.

Great pictures.
Old 20th January 2010, 23:56   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Am reminded of Kerala. If you had not mentioned the place, i would have assumed the place to be Kerala.

Great pictures.
You are absolutely right buddy, each and every photos looks similar to Kerala.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks