Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 10:57   #1
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Mum-Abad-Ooty-Borda-Mum-in Laura

Trip from Bombay to Ahmedabad to Mount Abu (via Mehsana & Palanpur route), to Baroda (on the way back) to Bombay.
Total Trip 1600 kms (including sighseeing trips on location)
Vehicle - Skoda Laura L&K AT DSG 1.9PD.
18th Nov 2009 - Bom (Thane - Ghodbunder Rd.) to A'bad (Vastrapur)- 510 kms - 8 hrs (plus a break at Hotel Visamo 168 kms from mumbai - speciality - Poho -
they take time to serve so better to order before the bio Break.)
19th Nov 2009 - A'bab to Mount Abu - 4000 off ft above sea level. (Mahableshwar is approx 4500 ft to give a reference idea) - 228 kms - 4 hrs drive time
including a short snack bite at a small stall outside Abu Road Station.
21st Nov 2009 - Mount Abu to Baroda (Pratapgunj Nr. Station) - 340 kms - 5 hrs drive time (no break except for nature's call)
22nd Nov 2009 - Baroda to Renu Village temple off Padra (small town) and back to Baroda. - 60 Kms.
23rd Nov 2009 - Baroda to Bombay (Thane - ghodbunder Rd.)
Hotel at Mt abu - Hilltone - A Very Good hotel - Rate Rs. 6400 for couple for 2 nts including Breakfast & heater in room (needed in this season and charged
extra by other hotels).
Service also was great.

Speciality food at Mt Abu: Malpua and Rabdi, Dal Bati
Half the restaurants offer Gujarati Thali - Abu Road is just 9 kms from Gujarat border with Rajastan and most of the tourists are from Gujarat.
There a few Palace hotels in Abu which can be tried out but these are a bit distant from the main market street, so if one stay in one of the palace hotels
like Jaipur house or Bikaner palace hotel, then one cannot have the pleasure of the walk to the market.
The Nachni lake is a nice spot for boating, but I choose to do just a panaromic cirle of it in the vehcile.
Temples are the major sighseeing spots and seeing a few is advise - atlease by me.
The Laura returned an effeciency of about 12.5-13 kmpl during the trip and the average speed on road worked out to about 70 kmph (as per the trip MID meter)
- which is quite high given the long distance and the occational major jams.
A petrol pump at Mt Abu was used besides one in Baroda and one in Ahmedabad.
Will post more details and snaps soon.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:20   #2
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Will follow up with more snaps of the locations itself.
Attached Thumbnails
Mum-Abad-Ooty-Borda-Mum-in Laura-dsc00047.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 11th December 2009, 12:01   #3
BHPian

Nice start! The subject mentions "Ooty", so just wondering why that's not mentioned above..
Old 14th December 2009, 11:38   #4
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Pear Jam

PJ You have correctly pointed to an error by me. Ooty in the Subject should have been Mt. Abu - I was dreaming about my next road trip to Ooty while creating the subject and hence the error.

Will request mods to edit the title to Mt. Abu in place of Ooty the rest of the stuff is correct.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks