Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 17:00   #496
BHPian

Re: Swifted : Ooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Some how landed up in Ooty last Sunday, 19.01.2014. Was on a trip to Wayanad, and just for the fun drive up the 36 hairpins through Masinagudi drove to Ooty
[b]
Great travelouge sir.

Looking at all the travelouges makes me wonder when will it be my time to travel across the country and visit places that I have only read in T-BHP portal.

Keep travelling and keep posting.

Cheers,
Vinay
Old 26th June 2014, 10:14   #497
BHPian

Quote:
To give you a hint, there is also an international drive included
International Drive thats awesome laluks!!!!. Just can't wait to get a virtual tour. The hint is like a jigsaw puzzle, and will be solved only after your writeup. Please complete your home renovation, and in the interim you can throw a teaser to our fellow bhpians .
Old 22nd July 2014, 17:15   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atif View Post
....., and in the interim you can throw a teaser to our fellow bhpians .
Hi Atif,

You can check this travelogue on Wayanad on how I landed up in Ooty last time
Old 7th October 2014, 23:18   #499
Senior - BHPian

Over 1100Kms, approximately 400 hairpins, That is one hairpin every 3Kms, Craziness unlimited, What a drive, Feels like getting behind the wheels again.

A teaser
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0060editedit.jpg
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 02:00   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Over 1100Kms, approximately 400 hairpins, That is one hairpin every 3Kms, Craziness unlimited, What a drive, Feels like getting behind the wheels again.
Sir, another epic travelogue in the making? 400 hairpins in 1100 kms? Which part of the country is this? Please pardon my ignorance and throw me out of this suspense.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 06:38   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Sir, another epic travelogue in the making? 400 hairpins in 1100 kms? Which part of the country is this? Please pardon my ignorance and throw me out of this suspense.

It's to and from Ooty, Jose Vijay. Choice of roads make all the difference, further with half of the world in Ooty for the long weekend I was bound to do something crazy
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 07:30   #502
Senior - BHPian

Another Teaser
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0497editedit.jpg
Old 8th October 2014, 13:19   #503
BHPian

Enough of the teasers, Lalu. Let the story unfold on our screens.
venkatt1800 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 21:31   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatt1800 View Post
Enough of the teasers, Lalu. Let the story unfold on our screens.
Need some more time to get all clicks to be tagged and to start the log. Till then one more teaser
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0209editedit.jpg
Old 8th October 2014, 21:48   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Another Teaser
Beautiful clicks. Looking at the teasers, I feel I am losing my patience to read your log.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 23:05   #506
Senior - BHPian

Need some more time, probably the weekend.

Let me leave you guys with one more teaser

Civvy at Emerald Lake
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0871editedit.jpg

Meanwhile my company decided to make a video on my passion, check it out. If you like it please do acknowledge by pushing the like button
Old 10th October 2014, 04:37   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Need some more time, probably the weekend.

Let me leave you guys with one more teaser

Civvy at Emerald Lake

Meanwhile my company decided to make a video on my passion, check it out. If you like it please do acknowledge by pushing the like button
I thought I would get more information about your trip on your Face Book page. Disappointed there . Teasers there as well? Is this trip with the family or with the friends?
Old 11th October 2014, 18:46   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
I thought I would get more information about your trip on your Face Book page. Disappointed there . Teasers there as well? Is this trip with the family or with the friends?
About Facebook

This was a trip with family and a friend's family. Came of as a decision from a chai sessions one for the days and immediately looked at Ooty and Goa. Since Goa was too far for three days decided for Ooty knowing fully well that hills will be massacred by the visiting crowd. Hence the plan to find something interesting away from the crowds, and Ooty always has it.

Was busy again today, log will have to wait
Old 29th October 2014, 20:27   #509
Senior - BHPian

Yet another trip to Ooty

Now you guys might ask, "Hey! you've been there umpteen times. Why again when the whole world is in Ooty during the long weekends? You've been to the lesser known and well known spots over there, what is so charming now?Are you going to find more places?"

Well, I don't deny any of that. Infact I was not in search of anything. My drive always gifts me with accidental discoveries!

This time it was not Ooty, Ooty was an excuse, it was the drive.

I was toying with some route plans long ago, a few years ago to say, and at one point I realized I am going to get 1 hairpin for every other Kilometer of drive , and on an average one hairpin every three kilometers for the full drive for a specific routing.

I wanted to do it, but when? The plan was shelved many a times since many other drives were happening. Most importantly my mind and soul was on my monsoon drive of three days and 2200KMs which happened on Independence day weekend this year. That was one drive to cherish and dream for a long while. I have not written about it yet.

After the drive, my few pictures in Facebook evoked some interest in my friends to meet me and discuss about the trip. During one such chai meet, one of the family shared an interest to join me for a "driving" holiday.

As usual, the dates for all won't match so soon. The only ones which were matching was the long weekend of Puja Holidays. I was very unhappy, the whole of the place anywhere you chose to go will have a mad crowd.

All wanted a pool and a place to chill, obviously Goa came to the discussion. But isn't Goa a bit too far for the weekend? I called up Club Mahindra - they said rooms are available. Blocked the rooms. But another day another discussion everyone vetoed the plans to drive to Goa.

Then the best bet for a place nearer to Bangalore was Coorg and Ooty. After much deliberations we chose Ooty and booked three rooms at Club Mahindra. Pretty much the topic was settled.

And with that my long cherished wish of my hairpin drive came alive. I was happy, every bit happy.

Ooty was butchered by the crowds, but the route we had been on, we did not see a single soul
laluks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 20:37   #510
Senior - BHPian

The Plan

Day 01 : Bangalore - Kanakapura - Kollegal - Chamraj Nagar - Gundlupet - Bandipur - Masinagudi - Ooty
Day 02 : Ooty - Sholur - Parson Valley - Emerald - Ooty
Day 03 : Ooty - Upper Bhavani - Manjoor - Mulli - Attappadi - Mannarkkad - Mulli - Manjoor - Coonoor - Ketty - Ooty
Day 04 : Ooty - Kotagiri -Mettupalayam - Dimbam - Germalam - Kollegal - Kanakapura - Bangalore

Over 1100Kms, approximately 400 hairpins, That is one hairpin every 3Kms , Craziness unlimited, What a drive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks