Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2014, 21:36   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swifted : Ooty

Some how landed up in Ooty last Sunday, 19.01.2014. Was on a trip to Wayanad, and just for the fun drive up the 36 hairpins through Masinagudi drove to Ooty

Reached Ooty by 13:00 hours

Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0538edit.jpg

Spend a few moments here before heading back to Bangalore
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0539edit.jpg

As usual I had my pick of saplings for my fruit garden at Bangalore
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0550edit.jpg

Ooty was a pleasant 19 degrees at noon.
Swifted :  Ooty-dsc_0533edit.jpg
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 11:34   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Some how landed up in Ooty last Sunday, 19.01.2014. Was on a trip to Wayanad, and just for the fun drive up the 36 hairpins through Masinagudi drove to Ooty
@Laluks - First I would like to thank you, for such wonderful travelogues and pictures. I have been a silent admirer, watching all your posts and useful tips for tours. Many times I refer to your posts, and driving directions and trust me, the information is spot on. I have become your fan and you have been a huge motivating factor to join Team-BHP. I must appreciate your family here as well, they have been so supportive to your tours and the power puff girls really rock. Thank you Laluks, for everything on Team-BHP and looking forward to more such travelogues from you.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st June 2014 at 10:33. Reason: fixing the quote tags. Thanks.
Atif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 10:21   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atif View Post
@Laluks - First I would like to thank you, for such wonderful travelogues and pictures. I have been a silent admirer, watching all your posts and useful tips for tours. Many times I refer to your posts, and driving directions and trust me, the information is spot on. I have become your fan and you have been a huge motivating factor to join Team-BHP. I must appreciate your family here as well, they have been so supportive to your tours and the power puff girls really rock. Thank you Laluks, for everything on Team-BHP and looking forward to more such travelogues from you.
Thank you Atif for the kind words. I could not see the post till today, since I was quite busy with my little hobby these days

I got hooked on to farming in my own ways on my terrace. I never knew it was motivating to many like my travelogues till The Alternative editor called in to write for them something

Here's that story
http://www.thealternative.in/lifesty...ow-bags-gifts/

Last edited by laluks : 26th May 2014 at 10:27.
Old 26th May 2014, 20:08   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Atif for the kind words. I could not see the post till today, since I was quite busy with my little hobby these days

I got hooked on to farming in my own ways on my terrace. I never knew it was motivating to many like my travelogues till The Alternative editor called in to write for them something

Here's that story
http://www.thealternative.in/lifesty...ow-bags-gifts/
@Laluks - I went through the website, and first word that cones to my mind is just " WOW!". This is really inspiring to start a veggies nation.I do have some space around my home, with is kind of information and tips anybody could start growing veggies..
Old 28th May 2014, 00:46   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Laluks - I went through the website, and first word that cones to my mind is just " WOW!". This is really inspiring to start a veggies nation.I do have some space around my home, with is kind of information and tips anybody could start growing veggies..
Let's grow our own veggies, it's not that difficult, and it's healthy too
Old 28th May 2014, 13:59   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that is great laluks. I am planning to grow my own veggies aswell, and would require your technical expertise on farming at home . Thanks in advance.
Old 29th May 2014, 12:31   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent idea, and appreciate what you have been doing do far. I didn't know that beet root leaves were edible!
BTW, any suggestions on good nurseries for seeds/plants? Which is the place in Ooty you visited? And in Bangalore...? Laalbagh?
Old 29th May 2014, 16:35   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Excellent idea, and appreciate what you have been doing do far. I didn't know that beet root leaves were edible!
BTW, any suggestions on good nurseries for seeds/plants? Which is the place in Ooty you visited? And in Bangalore...? Laalbagh?

Thanks.
Most of my plants are from Regional Agricultural Research Station, Wayanad. In Bangalore, I visit many nurseries for various stuffs, all are good in their own ways. I have not yet taken any from Lalbagh.
Old 31st May 2014, 20:06   #489
Senior - BHPian

The link has changed.
Please use this
http://thealternative.in/environment...-farm-to-fork/
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 09:24   #490
BHPian

Quote:
The link has changed.
Please use this
http://thealternative.in/environment...-farm-to-fork/
Laluks,

I am just curious to know, about any upcoming travelogue from you. I reckon, it has been a long time( Sorry if I have missed any new one), since you posted any new trip pics and details (love reading all your travelogues). let me know, if anything is cooking up, other than your new hobby (Home grown veggies).
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:00   #491
BHPian

Hi Laluks,

Great reading your travelling write ups and also very interesting notes about your Gardening in homes. Also read your interest Link on alternative.. I am also interested to hear more from you, you have collected lot of fruits plants from various places in the south, can you write brief about each fruits which is famous from that places. For example Chico from Wayanat, etc. Did you try Strawberry, Olive, Dates in the Bangalore environment. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers!
vintagepoint5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:07   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Laluks,

I am just curious to know, about any upcoming travelogue from you. I reckon, it has been a long time( Sorry if I have missed any new one), since you posted any new trip pics and details (love reading all your travelogues). let me know, if anything is cooking up, other than your new hobby (Home grown veggies).
No, I have not written any travelogues for a long time now. But yes, I have travelled and a lot is to be written on. Just waiting to get some time to pen them down

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
Hi Laluks,

Great reading your travelling write ups and also very interesting notes about your Gardening in homes. Also read your interest Link on alternative.. I am also interested to hear more from you, you have collected lot of fruits plants from various places in the south, can you write brief about each fruits which is famous from that places. For example Chico from Wayanat, etc. Did you try Strawberry, Olive, Dates in the Bangalore environment. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers!
Thank You
Probably if I write all that down, it'd become Off Topic here. Do hunt me down in FB, we can discuss about the same. I have succesfully tried strawberries in Bangalore weather. Olives I am planning to, waiting to get a good source for the sapling/seed.
Old 3rd June 2014, 17:01   #493
BHPian

Quote:
No, I have not written any travelogues for a long time now. But yes, I have travelled and a lot is to be written on. Just waiting to get some time to pen them down
That is great news!!. So, there will be lots more fun, I guess. I will be glued to your travelogues, once you start a new thread, and obviously it would be a 5 star rating, as most of your threads have been so far.
start soon.
Old 25th June 2014, 13:07   #494
BHPian

Quote:
I have succesfully tried strawberries in Bangalore weather. Olives I am planning to, waiting to get a good source for the sapling/seed.
Laluks,

Looks like you have been out of action for a long time. I reckon you are busy with your new hobby (farming) these days, and don't have much time. Do let me know if any new travelogue is cooking at your end.
Old 25th June 2014, 14:55   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Laluks,

Looks like you have been out of action for a long time. I reckon you are busy with your new hobby (farming) these days, and don't have much time. Do let me know if any new travelogue is cooking at your end.
Out of action? No ways! The list of travels that are yet to be written are many. To give you a hint, there is also an international drive included

Farming takes quite a lot of my time, so also I had some renovation at home, and not to mention my work scenarios.

Will write them all for sure, I have to fork out the time

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks