Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 13:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Sami,
Check this log for some pictures taken in May 2010.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...lli-hills.html
Old 4th August 2010, 15:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

K149in,

Nice log. We four mad bulleteers had scaled the kolli hills on June 23rd. Wonderful experience of taking on 70 hairpin bends. Nallathambi resort is a shabby place to stay and the tariff does not justify.

Here are some pictures in the picasa link

Picasa Web Albums - Dwarakanath - Kolli Hills r...
Old 4th August 2010, 15:54   #63
BHPian

Nice pictures there dwaraka! in motor bikes, it would have been even more interesting climbing the hills.

Yes, Nallathambi resort was not that impressive, but I would not call it shabby either; I agree this can be personal opinion. Moreover, when we went, there was no choice if one wants to stay there overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaraka View Post
K149in,

Nice log. We four mad bulleteers had scaled the kolli hills on June 23rd. Wonderful experience of taking on 70 hairpin bends. Nallathambi resort is a shabby place to stay and the tariff does not justify.

Here are some pictures in the picasa link

Picasa Web Albums - Dwarakanath - Kolli Hills r...
Old 22nd May 2012, 15:47   #64

Re: Bangalore-> Kolli hills-> Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkey2 View Post
i had been to that place 4 years back and stayed there for 2 days. Nallathambi resorts is the only option available at that time for saty.
as mentioned by someone in this thread, anytime between september to december (north-east monsoon) is the ideal period for visiting the magnificient waterfall (around1000 ft tall, i think) and the greenery.
and a bullet will easily climb the 77 hairpin bends and other roads there.
pa holiday inn is another place to stay. we stayed there as there was no rooms in nallathambi resort. They have seperate cottages their website address is Kollihills, kollimalai resort - PA Holiday Inn Home Page. we need to inform them in advance for lunch. we did not try the non veg dishes. There is one more pa lodge adjacent to this place where facilities are basic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks