Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:23   #121
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
what we get here is a premixed wash - cleaning agent and deicer (IIRC water + detergent + some sort of alcohol). Helps get rid of the thin ice layer that forms on the windshield.

Tanveer - its a good idea to get a ice scraper when you head to US next. Just might come in handy if these is tough ice on the windshield in the morning. I keep a couple of bottles of the aforementioned deicer along with a snow brush cum scraper in the trunk. But then I live in Canada.

Somehow the pictures looked oh so familiar (killer scenery though!) - Am mentally preparing myself for the next 4 months!
Where I go, max it goes down to is -2/-3 so snow scraping is never an issue.
Hands do it well
Quote:
Originally Posted by naman07 View Post
Hey Tanveer,

Amazing trip you had there and equally breath taking photographs

Reading you trip logs is day by day increasing my desire (like others) to own a 4X4

Naman
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
Ahhso it is back to work now.......

You can get snow chains from Himalayan Motorsport Simla. They have made it mandatory for all participants of the Raid to carry them and those who want them can buy it from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
Hey Tanveer, great travelouge with some mind blowing pics. I love reading all these travalogues of you guys going and exploring Himachal Pradesh because I am from Himachal Pradesh but my job keeps me here in Mumbai. Anyways great stuff.
Thanks for your comments!
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:08   #122
BHPian

Fantastic, really enjoyed reading and viewing the pictures.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:03   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

An old credit card makes a handy window de-icer
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:21   #124
BHPian

Hey Tanveer,
Amazing travelogue. Beautiful pictures!
You are one good guy to have that beast and use it for the right purpose.
By reading and looking at the pictures I can imagine that being there must have felt out of this world.
Simply great!

BTW what camera did you use for taking the pictures?
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:09   #125
BHPian

TSK

I hate this travelogue as much as I hated the 500km 10 passes one!I'm Greeeen with envy dude!!!!
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:16   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
He uses a Canon 350D.
See more of his magic here: Tanveer Singh (tanveer)'s Photos : Travel : Ladakh2009
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:28   #127
BHPian

Tanveer, each of your travelogues is a heady cocktail of excellent narration, great locations and out of the world photography. This one is such a cocktail on the rocks, shaken not stirred!
Old 23rd October 2009, 22:12   #128

speechless and spellbound !

Awesome Tanveer ! I am speechless and spellbound !

Couldn't believe that I spent 3 hours on a friday morning in office and read the entire thread in one shot

Can't wait to get back to Chandigarh next year and start exploring Himachal and Kashmir.

P.S. : Such threads are official testimony to the fact that T-Bhpians aren't made of ordinary flesh and blood
Old 24th October 2009, 00:07   #129
BHPian

As usual, Tanveer takes me to places which I miss most, the Himalayas. Tons (weight of your elephant) of thanks for sharing. Keep it going.

BTW, what remains to be conquered in Himalayas, I mean, what's next?
Old 24th October 2009, 01:16   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Fantastic, really enjoyed reading and viewing the pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetsng View Post
Hey Tanveer,
Amazing travelogue. Beautiful pictures!
You are one good guy to have that beast and use it for the right purpose.
By reading and looking at the pictures I can imagine that being there must have felt out of this world.
Simply great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
TSK

I hate this travelogue as much as I hated the 500km 10 passes one!I'm Greeeen with envy dude!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
Tanveer, each of your travelogues is a heady cocktail of excellent narration, great locations and out of the world photography. This one is such a cocktail on the rocks, shaken not stirred!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitjindal.in View Post
Awesome Tanveer ! I am speechless and spellbound !

Couldn't believe that I spent 3 hours on a friday morning in office and read the entire thread in one shot

Can't wait to get back to Chandigarh next year and start exploring Himachal and Kashmir.

P.S. : Such threads are official testimony to the fact that T-Bhpians aren't made of ordinary flesh and blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by noviceDriver View Post
As usual, Tanveer takes me to places which I miss most, the Himalayas. Tons (weight of your elephant) of thanks for sharing. Keep it going.

BTW, what remains to be conquered in Himalayas, I mean, what's next?

thanks for your comments everyone. As Rudra mentioned, I use 350D. I use it with the 18-55(non IS) kit lens, and for the IR shots I use the 50mm 1.8 lens
With my 75-300, I do little shooting
Old 24th October 2009, 03:10   #131

Safari simply refuses to age !

This thread one again triggered that dormant desire to own a 4x4 white elephant just as it did for for many others on this forum ... Reminds me of ''Safari Dreams'' which many of us have grown up with during our college days ..... IMHO i havent seen such an extremely VFM SUV which is as elegant yet a mean machine as Safari even in US ..... Wonder how TATA came up with such an amazing design way back in 1998 (those small issues are worth owning it) .... The design simply refuses to age .... Totally different from usual PAJEROish and CRVish designs even though personally I love these vehicles too and I know these are in alltogether different class ... (So no offense meant to anyone)
Old 24th October 2009, 12:08   #132
BHPian

Awesome Tanveer, out of the world stuff. Hats Off! to you and your wife. You are true adventurers.

PS: Your travelogue of "5000kms,12 passes" and Suman's travelogue "Better Lehed than never" cleared any apprehensions I had about Safari 4 x 4.
Old 25th October 2009, 01:43   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Good travelogue TSK. and beautiful pics too.

Now i am going crazy! I am getting so fascinated by photography, and crazier about going to a snow filled destination. Not sure that will be in May or coming September but thats definitely on my cards.
Old 25th October 2009, 10:32   #134
Senior - BHPian

All the superlatives have already been said already so there is nothing left to say. Simply mindblowing. All your travelogues make us wish we were living up in north. Sigh!

Thanks again for sharing this wonderful stuff.
Old 26th October 2009, 10:32   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitjindal.in View Post
This thread one again triggered that dormant desire to own a 4x4 white elephant just as it did for for many others on this forum ... Reminds me of ''Safari Dreams'' which many of us have grown up with during our college days ..... IMHO i havent seen such an extremely VFM SUV which is as elegant yet a mean machine as Safari even in US ..... Wonder how TATA came up with such an amazing design way back in 1998 (those small issues are worth owning it) .... The design simply refuses to age .... Totally different from usual PAJEROish and CRVish designs even though personally I love these vehicles too and I know these are in alltogether different class ... (So no offense meant to anyone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry1983 View Post
Awesome Tanveer, out of the world stuff. Hats Off! to you and your wife. You are true adventurers.

PS: Your travelogue of "5000kms,12 passes" and Suman's travelogue "Better Lehed than never" cleared any apprehensions I had about Safari 4 x 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Good travelogue TSK. and beautiful pics too.

Now i am going crazy! I am getting so fascinated by photography, and crazier about going to a snow filled destination. Not sure that will be in May or coming September but thats definitely on my cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
All the superlatives have already been said already so there is nothing left to say. Simply mindblowing. All your travelogues make us wish we were living up in north. Sigh!

Thanks again for sharing this wonderful stuff.
Thanks guys. Glad you liked the pics or narration. May is a good time to head to Rohtang, and you will definitely get snow on the pass!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks