Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2009, 11:56   #136
BHPian

TSK,

What a journey and pictures. Every picture is a perfect postcard. No words to express the beauty around and can just only imagine how you felt on the top with out any one around and snowing. Phew!!!

Not all the times that things will happen according to our plan and I think in this trip of yours, every thing was perfect so that the journey can be enjoyed. Yes you did miss few places but looks like the nature around has already covered the missing part and gave you some wonderful moments to remember.

Thank you for sharing....
Old 26th October 2009, 17:40   #137
BHPian

Man, driving in such snow must be an awesome experience.
Was it slippery driving on snow?
Old 26th October 2009, 18:08   #138

my brother owns a safari dicor diesel and he always says that safari is a tuff to control at high speed cause of steer play.....so he is planning to buy an innova instead...
Old 26th October 2009, 21:17   #139
BHPian

Road conditions after Rohtang

I went to Rohtang this Oct and decided to end the journey at Sissu (had planned Leh initially) due to the extra ordinary road conditions in Rohtang. my poor swift took quite a beating but once I came back to manali I actually inspected the bottom by going underneath when the car was parked for a wash and did not find any damages et all!!! I rued not continuing after Sissu as atleast one local said the roads after Sissu is good... but I wanted your advice on this- is Rohtang the worst strech in the whole journey from Manali to Leh?
Old 26th October 2009, 22:24   #140
BHPian

Another great travelogue from you. Thanks to you again Tanveer for sharing another great experience with us. Like other Bangaloreans I also wish the great great Himalaya was within a day's driving distance.

Last edited by KishoreC : 26th October 2009 at 22:25.
Old 26th October 2009, 22:55   #141
BHPian

This has to be the best travelogue thread ever! Thank you so much for this armchair adventure, very good pics. I have done this route about 4 years back on the HPTC bus. Always wondered how the scenery would look with more snow....I wonder no more. Cheers mate.
Old 27th October 2009, 10:19   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
TSK,

What a journey and pictures. Every picture is a perfect postcard. No words to express the beauty around and can just only imagine how you felt on the top with out any one around and snowing. Phew!!!

Not all the times that things will happen according to our plan and I think in this trip of yours, every thing was perfect so that the journey can be enjoyed. Yes you did miss few places but looks like the nature around has already covered the missing part and gave you some wonderful moments to remember.

Thank you for sharing....
Thanks. We intend to do the "missed places" next year if possible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
Man, driving in such snow must be an awesome experience.
Was it slippery driving on snow?
Yes, very slippery, so I did not exceed 10-15kmph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADSTER View Post
my brother owns a safari dicor diesel and he always says that safari is a tuff to control at high speed cause of steer play.....so he is planning to buy an innova instead...
Thats something which is easily adjustible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
I went to Rohtang this Oct and decided to end the journey at Sissu (had planned Leh initially) due to the extra ordinary road conditions in Rohtang. my poor swift took quite a beating but once I came back to manali I actually inspected the bottom by going underneath when the car was parked for a wash and did not find any damages et all!!! I rued not continuing after Sissu as atleast one local said the roads after Sissu is good... but I wanted your advice on this- is Rohtang the worst strech in the whole journey from Manali to Leh?
Yes, Rohtang is the worst pass, followed by the Tanglang La, but even that is nothing compared to what Rohtang throws at you
Quote:
Originally Posted by KishoreC View Post
Another great travelogue from you. Thanks to you again Tanveer for sharing another great experience with us. Like other Bangaloreans I also wish the great great Himalaya was within a day's driving distance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by u_chill View Post
This has to be the best travelogue thread ever! Thank you so much for this armchair adventure, very good pics. I have done this route about 4 years back on the HPTC bus. Always wondered how the scenery would look with more snow....I wonder no more. Cheers mate.
Thanks guys!
Old 27th October 2009, 13:03   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Thanks. We intend to do the "missed places" next year if possible!
Looking forward to it already
Old 27th October 2009, 14:35   #144
Team-BHP Support

LOL Thad, probably it will be done next year when the passes reopen
Old 27th October 2009, 18:29   #145
BHPian

Hey Tanveer,

I have been reading your travelogue for last 3 hours and I went back twice to admire all the pictures. This is super stuff man, and as many people have already mentioned, I could really "feel" the chill in all the snow pics.

This gives a lot of inspiration to lesser mortals like me to gather courage and do a similar trip.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 30th October 2009, 20:53   #146
BHPian

Nice pictures of a great adventurous trip
Good work
Old 31st October 2009, 22:22   #147
Senior - BHPian

Some guys have all the fun.

Maybe someday I'll find some people who want to go to crazy places, or perhaps till the day I go crazy enough to leave alone.

Really great thread. Hats off to you sire!
Old 31st October 2009, 23:08   #148
Team-BHP Support

I have figured one thing out, to enjoy this guys thread one needs to have loads of patience. So even though i saw this post on day 1, never returned till today 22.00 hrs, and i can say no regrets

cheerios!
Old 1st November 2009, 13:43   #149
Senior - BHPian

Like all good things, this travelogue too comes to a end (I just finished reading). Absolutely rivetting stuff, which had me excited (always), laughing (often), on the edge of my seat (mostly), a shade of green with envy (throughout)!

I agree with Jaggu, once TSK starts one of his travelogues, I check to see if they are over and then pick a time when I have a few hours to read and relish them and read them at one go. Right now, I am breathless. TSK's trips never cease to leave me open mouthed in awe and wonder. I first saw photographs of Zanskar in 1980 or thereabouts and they left me cold. Other pictures of Ladakh or other high mountains did not move me and I never felt a tug, a hankering or wish to visit. The landscapes seemed monotonous, a dull brown with splashes of white etc. My reaction to those pictures was - "Ok, it is a desert, maybe a cold one, but still a desert". (I am not a desert person, more a beach bum).

One person, TSK, changed that forever. Courtesy his travelogues, in which TSK literally becomes one with the mountains and lucidly brings out their immense beauty through words and pictures - I now realise that I must, god willing, tour these awesome places sometime in this life. Of course, being the 'water person' I am, I found the lakes, streams and rivers the most beautiful - can't change a leopard's spots.

Cheers TSK,
Old 2nd November 2009, 00:06   #150
BHPian

Tanveerji, what i should say,really i'm going crazy,i just wanna say that YOU BORN TO DRIVE...thanks a billion for this posting which was like seeing a thriller movie.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks