Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 18:51   #376
BHPian

Great Travelogue C_L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
One final question, would anyone be interested in seeing some unseen photos which I have compiled after years and years of travel to some of the most beautiful places in India? I will post those pics in this thread, if anyone is interested.

Thank you,
Chevy_ Lover
I am interested for one. All I would ask you to label each snap if possible . Looking at the Ooty Trip Snaps, I am sure these snaps also would be awesome.
Old 27th November 2009, 19:09   #377
Team-BHP Support

@CL,

I have read quite a few travel stories in my life. But this by you have taken away everything ! I can see an emotion that would remain with you for life. These are things which no one can forget. I told you then, I tell you now, you should contemplate writing!

Great Going. Waiting for another one !
Old 28th November 2009, 04:54   #378
BHPian

@CL, an amazing travelogue. Good job! Thanks to you and your better-half for sharing your experiences and such beautiful snaps with us.
Old 28th November 2009, 06:30   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Day 21 – The incredible road trip of a lifetime comes to an end!

One final question, would anyone be interested in seeing some unseen photos which I have compiled after years and years of travel to some of the most beautiful places in India? I will post those pics in this thread, if anyone is interested.

Thank you,
Chevy_ Lover
Dear CL,
as long as those snaps are from you, yes i am interested to see (i think we all are). also as KRraj said add labels if possible.
Old 28th November 2009, 07:28   #380
BANNED

The incredible road trip of a lifetime...never ends

Between 11th October 2009, 23:53 and 27th November 2009,17:53...almost everyone (reader) traveled along with you...congrats & wishes.

you have mentioned The incredible road trip of a lifetime comes to an end! .. you have taken a PAUSE as your kind of travel never ends..at-least we prefer that way

Last edited by shapath : 28th November 2009 at 07:30.
Old 28th November 2009, 09:34   #381
BHPian

Chief,

It's an Incredible Travelogue . Thanks a lot for all your time and efforts spent to craft such a wonderful log.

Regards,

Vikram
Old 28th November 2009, 10:20   #382
BHPian

Wow, finally, you have called it a day, i think your journey truely sticks to the title potrayed, do keep travelling and hey still looking out for the post of Pune to Kerala.
All the best and congrats to you for keeping spell bound to this thread. Looking forward to the many more miles that are to come!
Old 28th November 2009, 11:02   #383
Senior - BHPian

Hey CL, that was an excellent travelogue. Very nice of you to take time and post such a detailed travelogue with all these great pictures !
Old 28th November 2009, 18:58   #384
BHPian

Dear CL, I enjoyed reading your travelogue right from the start. I had been to Ooty and Kodaikanal just once, that too, when I was very young and hardly I remember anything. It feels like I made my second trip to these places.
Old 28th November 2009, 21:39   #385
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much!!!

Thanks to k149in, longhorn, Majic, vikram.vns, shapath, i.1979, Iluvcars, ampere and KRRaj for the appreciation. I am thrilled that my efforts have paid rich dividends.
Old 29th November 2009, 11:27   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Day 21 – The incredible road trip of a lifetime comes to an end!

.....One final question, would anyone be interested in seeing some unseen photos which I have compiled after years and years of travel to some of the most beautiful places in India? I will post those pics in this thread, if anyone is interested.

Thank you,
Chevy_ Lover
Hi Chevy_Lover, This is one of the best travelogue I have read in quite some time. Very good narration and the pictures are outstanding. Do post the photos you have .
Old 29th November 2009, 17:34   #387
Senior - BHPian

Some more pics for you......

Team, as promised, some photos I wanted to share with you all! Hope everyone will like them!

A beautiful sunset captured near Pune!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-beautiful-sunset-captured-near-pune.jpg

A Beautiful Sunset in Mahabaleshwar, a hill station near Pune
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-beautiful-sunset-mahabaleshwar-hill-station-near-pune.jpg

Another breathtaking sunset
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-breathtaking-sunset-mahabaleshwar.jpg

A bridge to Alibaug, a beautiful sea side town near Mumbai
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-bridge-alibaug-beautiful-sea-side-town-near-mumbai.jpg

A Dhaba named after my wifey! Captured near Mahabaleshwar!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-dhaba-named-after-my-wifey-captured-near-mahabaleshwar.jpg

A farmer's hut in Karwar near Mangalore
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-farmers-hut-karwar-near-mangalore.jpg

A Hummer. Can you count the number of head lights?? Captured at Malshej Ghats!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-hummer.-can-you-count-number-head-lights-captured-malshej-ghats.jpg

A Mazda, a BMW and a Hummer! What a trio! Taken at Malshej!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-mazda-bmw-hummer-what-trio-taken-malshej.jpg

A misty morning enroute to Mahabaleshwar.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-misty-morning-enroute-mahabaleshwar.jpg

A Perfect Rose. I seem to have a karmic connection with this beauty. I have taken a snap of the flower whenever I visited Panchgani. Taken in 2008.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-perfect-rose.-i-seem-have-karmic-connection-beauty.jpg

A typical village road near Wai.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-typical-village-road-near-wai.jpg

A view of the Himalayas from Muktheshwar, near Nainital.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-view-himalayas-muktheshwar-near-nainital.jpg

Absolutely no way to overtake! Captured en-route to Yellapur.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-absolutely-no-way-overtake-captured-enroute-yellapur.jpg

Accident near Dindigul in Tamil Nadu.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-accident-near-dindigul-tamil-nadu.jpg

Accident near Karamana near TVM.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-accident-near-karamana-near-tvm.jpg

Another accident on Pune - Mumbai expressway.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-another-accident-pune-mumbai-expressway.jpg

As I told earlier, I have a Karmic connection with this particular plant. Captured again in 2009!!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-i-told-earlier-i-have-karmic-connection-particular-plant.-captured-again-2009.jpg

Beautiful flower! Captured at Panchgani!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-beautiful-flower-captured-panchgani.jpg

Beware... Food is Dilishious....Captured at Mahabaleshwar!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-beware...-food-dilishious....captured-mahabaleshwar.jpg

Breakdown at Yellapur!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-breakdowns-part-life-here.-highway-yellapur.jpg

Buddhist temple near Hubli, Karnataka.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-buddhist-temple-near-hubli-karnataka.jpg

Church established in 1831 in Mahabaleshwar.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-church-established-1831-mahabaleshwar.jpg

Coconut Husk van near Madurai, Tamil Nadu.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-coconut-husk-van-near-madurai-tamil-nadu.jpg

Dove Orchid in Panchgani.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-dove-orchid-panchgani.jpg

Drying rice on the road near Salem.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-drying-rice-road-near-salem.jpg

Excuse me, what does the board say??? This is from the state which boasts of 100 percent literacy!!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-excuse-me-what-does-board-say.-state-boasts-100-percent-literacy.jpg

Expressway to Bangalore! Pic taken near Hubli.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-expressway-bangalore_pic-taken-near-hubli.jpg

Farm House in Panvel.
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-farm-house-panvel.jpg

Farmhouse in Panvel, near Mumbai, you can see the house in the background.
Name:  Farmhouse in Panvel near Mumbai you can see the house in the background.jpg
Views: 7281
Size:  119.3 KB

Finally a good road in Kerala!!
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-finally-good-road-kerala.jpg
Old 30th November 2009, 10:31   #388
BHPian

Wow, nice photographs, you always have a camera in your chevy or are these pictures taken on trips, like that of the accidents
Old 30th November 2009, 10:41   #389
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for posting these. Love that farmer's hut, panvel farmhouse, hubli expressway and flower pictures. waiting for your pune - kerala travelogue.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:11   #390
BHPian

Hi C_L,

Like everyone I have enjoyed your travelogue (and off course, pics too) thoroughly, and can go on and on, appreciating your narration skills. I too am convinced that your travelogues will be right on the top in terms of the way they binds the reader into them!. Your biggest quality that I feel is, your excitement to relive the experience after the journey ends! And believe me (and several others who wrote above), every minute of that precious time that you devote (I remember 5 man hrs daily) in putting up all this for we all, is really too good to be appreciated in words. That's it, friend.

Keep it up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks