Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 11:06   #316
BHPian

Wow, just missed this thread was out on work and first thing that i do when i come back is to check the TBhp site and then on to this thread, nice pictures of the pykara and Masinagudi, just went thorugh the pictures will have to read through now.
Old 11th November 2009, 18:46   #317
BHPian

CL, Where are you? We are waiting for todays posts. :(
Old 11th November 2009, 19:11   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
CL, Where are you? We are waiting for todays posts. :(
Sorry friend! I was unwell. Pics coming up shortly!
Old 11th November 2009, 19:19   #319
BHPian

Hey CL take care of your health my friend. The posts can wait. Take rest. We will wait for your post till you are fit and fine to write the beautiful travelogues.
Old 11th November 2009, 22:00   #320
Senior - BHPian

Day 17 – Trip to Gudalur

Day 17 – Trip to Gudalur

We woke up by 10 am on day 17 of our journey. We had visited most of the points in and around Ooty. We were not too keen on roaming around the points again. So we decided to go for a short drive to Gudalur. We thought that the drive would be relaxing!

We filled up Chevy at the HP pump in Ooty. He drank a total of 45.06 litres @ Rs. 35.84. We then had our breakfast from Saravanas Restaurant at Commercial Street. Their Idlis and Dosas were very tasty. Soon we were ready to go, after our customary cornettos and chocolates. I must say that it tasted awesome in the cool weather!

We took the Mysore highway again for the umpteenth time, and soon left the town behind. The drive was fantastic. The whole area was covered by thick fog, which made our drive a bit hazardous! There was heavy traffic during the first part of our drive. But after Pykara, we had the road all for ourselves! Driving in thick fog was indeed scary! We spotted countless animals roaming around in the road, disillusioned by the fog.

I will leave it to the photos to do the narration.

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-mysore-highway.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-b-mysore-highway.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-c-mysore-highway.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-d-mysore-highway_light-fog.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-e-mysore-highway.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-f-mysore-highway_heavy-fog.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-carrot-seller.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-h-mysore-highway.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-i-shooting-point.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-mysore-highway_beautiful-tree.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-k-mysore-highway_beautiful-forest.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-l-mysore-highway_way-glenmorgan.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-m-dam.jpg

Name:  n Way to Pykara_Mysore Highway.JPG
Views: 3610
Size:  279.7 KB

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-o-mysore-highway_peculiar-temple.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-p-mysore-highway_beautiful-tea-plantation.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-q-mysore-highway_tea-estate.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-r-mysore-highway_lake.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-s-mysore-highway_picture-perfect-estate.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-t-mysore-highway_beautiful-estate.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-u-mysore-highway_step-cultivation.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-v-mysore-highway_heavy-fog.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-v-mysore-highway_very-heavy-fog.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-w-mysore-highway_scary-scene.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-x-mysore-highway_be-careful-about-cows.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-y-mysore-highway_can-you-see-anything.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-z-mysore-highway_fog-has-engulfed-everything.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-zz-mysore-highway_road-work.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-zzz-mysore-highway_beautiful-straight-road.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-zzzz-mysore-highway_road-work_eucalyptus-forest.jpg

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 11th November 2009 at 22:18.
Old 11th November 2009, 23:11   #321
Senior - BHPian

Drive to Gudalur...

We drove on the highway, constructed through acres and acres of eucalyptus forests and some beautiful tea estates.

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-forest-enroute.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-b-eucalyptus-forest.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-c-eucalyptus-forest.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-d-eucalyptus-forest.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-e-eucalyptus-forest.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-f-eucalyptus-forest.jpg

Name:  g Eucalyptus forest.JPG
Views: 7655
Size:  272.4 KB

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-h-eucalyptus-forest_winding-roads.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-i-thick-vegetation.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-first-biker-we-saw-twenty-minutes.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-k-beautiful-tea-estate.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-l-tea-estate.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-m-beautiful-tea-estate-road.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-n-hair-pin-curve.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-o-tea-estate.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-p-small-church.jpg

We finally reached Gudalur and drove around the town a bit and found that the town was too crowded. The weather was hot and we did not get out our Chevy! We decided to return back to Ooty after a short break in Gudalur.

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-q-gudalur-town.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-r-gudalur.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-s-fruit-stall.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-t-what-would-you-like-have.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-u-beautiful-temple.jpg
Old 12th November 2009, 13:44   #322
BHPian

Wow, the photos have turned out good, enjoying it please continue, looking out for more. Past days have been hectic, can check the thread only once a day, but i am still here with you!
Old 12th November 2009, 14:33   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
Wow, the photos have turned out good, enjoying it please continue, looking out for more. Past days have been hectic, can check the thread only once a day, but i am still here with you!
Hi Majic, nice to see you back. I was wondering where you were!

The travelogue will continue. There will be more pics from now on.
Old 12th November 2009, 14:47   #324
BHPian

wow that is one long long really long trip. Loved your pics and hopefully one day I get such a long vacation from work to really enjoy such long drives. Your trip reminds me of college days when we used to have month long drives and trips. Feeling nostalgic right now after following your posts.
Keep them coming. Waiting for ur posts CL.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:02   #325
BHPian

Hey CL did you happen to stop at the eucalyptus forest, I heard it has medicinal effects. I have no words that comes close to justify the beauty of the location. I loved the one in which the cow was literally running for its life (I suspect that your hellas has something to do with it). Keep it coming my friend. Wiating for more of your narrations.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:38   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Hey CL did you happen to stop at the eucalyptus forest, I heard it has medicinal effects. I have no words that comes close to justify the beauty of the location. I loved the one in which the cow was literally running for its life (I suspect that your hellas has something to do with it). Keep it coming my friend. Wiating for more of your narrations.
Hi Elantra, the smell in the Eucalyptus forest was really overwhelming and am sure that it would cure a cold in seconds! I found this place much more beautiful than the pine forest.

You guessed it right! The cow was startled by the Hellas. But I did slow down for her!

I will post more pics shortly.

@ Himavanth, the trip was really long and we ran out of options for sightseeing towards the latter part of our journey! I am glad that you liked the pics. There is plenty more to come!
Old 12th November 2009, 18:19   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Hi Majic, nice to see you back. I was wondering where you were!

The travelogue will continue. There will be more pics from now on.
Keep em coming , enjoying and reliving all the memories once again.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:18   #328
Senior - BHPian

This is too good. Keep them coming. I'm hooked to this thread. Just wondering how you managed to get such a long leave? The photos are really amazing not to mention your style of narration. Simply superb (not Skoda Superb) .
Old 13th November 2009, 23:26   #329
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful tea plantations....

We passed through some gorgeous tea estates on our way back to Ooty. We could not resist the temptation to stop and experience the serenity of the place. There was just greenery all around us! We walked inside the tea plantation and were mesmerized by the beauty all around us! We had rarely seen such a beautiful place during this trip! It was really a marvelous experience!!! We enjoyed the solitude a great deal! There was no one to disturb us!

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-way-ooty.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-b-highway-ooty.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-c-yours-truly.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-d-tea-estate.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-e-tea-estate.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-f-happy-such-serene-place.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-chevy-baby_wifey.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-h-chevy-baby-daddy.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-i-tea-estate.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-k-chevy-highway.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-l-chevy-highway.jpg

Suddenly, we realized that we were not really alone! Someone was spying on us!!! Talk about ‘Kabab mein Haddi’!!!

We were startled! A stalker??? What if he was a killer???

I immediately reached for my firearm, my Sony A200! I was ready to shoot him! I did not want to take any chances! There was no way I was going to let the stalker get away! I was determined to capture him!

Our stalker was this monkey! He was ogling at us, with a wicked smile! I chased him and gave him the fright of his life! I wiped that stupid smile off his face!

The look on his face says all!!!

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-i-scared-monkey-like-hell.jpg
Old 16th November 2009, 00:31   #330
Senior - BHPian

The worst fog I had ever seen....

We started our drive back to Ooty after the hour long break near the tea plantation. We soon crossed the eucalyptus forest and started the ascent towards Ooty. We came across a breathtaking scenery there!

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-m-beautiful-rock-mountain.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-n-highway.jpg

Soon we ran into the fog, which we had encountered earlier, on our way down. I was startled to note that the fog had not cleared at all and on the contrary, had become much heavier! We felt as though we were driving with an opaque curtain in front of our windscreen!

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-o-forest-covered-fog-scary.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-p-highway.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-q-fog-covered-highway.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-r-fog_very-scary.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-s-fog.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-t-heavy-fog.jpg

The vehicles coming from the opposite side made matters worse by driving rashly. There was no way I could overtake the TN bus in front of me!

We managed to keep our wits and reached Ooty in one piece! We witnessed some amazing vistas en-route!

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-u-beautiful-buildings.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-v-highway.jpg
Name:  w carrot seller.JPG
Views: 2406
Size:  219.4 KB
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-x-nice-landscape.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-y-carrot-sellers-everywhere.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-z-creek.jpg

As soon as we reached Ooty, we went straight to our Inn and relaxed till evening.

Later we went to the city centre and captured some beautiful shots of Adam’s Fountain!

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-6-adams-fountain-daylight.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-7-ooty-city-centre.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-8-ooty-city-centre.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-1-adams-fountain.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-2-adams-fountain.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-3-adams-fountain.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-4-adams-fountain_wifey.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-5-adams-fountain_cl.jpg

We spent the rest of the evening shopping and exploring all the shopping centres in Charring Cross. Later that night, we had grilled chicken for our dinner from Commercial Street and retired for the night by 11 pm. We were happy that we spent the day in an amazing way!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks