Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2009, 15:33   #301
BHPian

Awesome pics once again CL. The light is playing a lot of tric on the photos.. Especially the ones in which the water looks murkey green and the same place in a different view gives a blaskish look.

May be offline do you mind telling me why do you choose a Sony rather than a Cannon. My pref is always a cannon.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:17   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Awesome pics once again CL. The light is playing a lot of tric on the photos.. Especially the ones in which the water looks murkey green and the same place in a different view gives a blackish look.
Hi Elantra, yes, the light was very tricky. I took some photos of the same area and the river water had a different colour in each pic!

The green colour is reflected by the trees, I guess!
Old 9th November 2009, 17:40   #303
BHPian

Awesome Shots of Pykara . The lake does really look beautiful and unpolluted. Guess the less amount of crowds is the reason.

We gave this road a miss on my Bike trip as we wanted to drive down Masinagudi. So C_L went down the Masinagudi road? Is it coming up?
Old 9th November 2009, 17:47   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Awesome Shots of Pykara . The lake does really look beautiful and unpolluted. Guess the less amount of crowds is the reason.

We gave this road a miss on my Bike trip as we wanted to drive down Masinagudi. So C_L went down the Masinagudi road? Is it coming up?
Thanks a lot Raj. A lot of credit should go to the TTDC for converting their boats to LPG. Diesel and kerosene are terrible pollutants!

As I always say, the story will continue!!
Old 10th November 2009, 15:12   #305
Senior - BHPian

Masinagudi attempt and Dam...

After the wonderful cruise ended, we decided to head to the other places of interest. I had always wanted to try out Masinagudi ghat. I had heard lots of stories about the hairpins and wanted to try it out! So we decided to go to Masinagudi first. We also thought of exploring the dam and reservoir en-route. We really enjoyed the drive. The road was fantastic and its beauty increased tenfold because of the dense vegetation and trees flanking it!

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-road-ooty_through-dense-forest.jpg
Name:  b Road to Ooty.JPG
Views: 2448
Size:  292.3 KB
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-c-dense-forests.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-beautiful-roads_misty.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-h-big-turn_enroute-ooty.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-i-good-roads.jpg

We saw lots of small houses built on hillsides and one even had a duck farm! We were amazed at the simple lives lead by those people.

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-e-small-houses-enroute.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-f-duck-farm.jpg

En-route, an Innova overtook us at breakneck speed and disappeared out of sight in seconds. We were keeping speeds of 70 – 80 km/hr. I thought that the driver must have been in a hurry and continued our drive. Then suddenly I noticed the Innova driving slowly ahead of us. The first thought that came to my mind was that its driver was trying to entice me into a race with him. I did not pay attention to him and thought of overtaking him and going on our way. Then out of the blue, he pulled over to the side of the road and to our utter bewilderment, the driver started feeding the monkeys, which were sitting by the roadside!

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-d-ignorant-fellow-feeding-monkey.jpg

It was startling to see such stupid behavior from learned people, completely disregarding their safety!

Soon we reached the intersection and took a left turn to the road to Masinagudi, which was nothing short of spectacular! It was a typical forest trail.

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-way-masinagudi.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-k-way-masinagudi_heavy-mist.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-l-way-masinagudi_beautiful-forest.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-m-way-masinagudi_forest.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-n-heavy-fog-about-descend.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-o-way-masinagudi_forest-trail.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-p-way-masinagudi_very-narrow-road.jpg

We drove close to ten kilometres in the trail. The whole area was quickly engulfed by thick impenetrable fog. My headlights were not of much use, as the light was scattering.

We saw some bikers climbing uphill. They waved us to a stop and informed us that the route ahead was completely covered by fog and also warned us that some 20 odd vehicles were stuck at different places. We decided not to take a risk by going down as the trail was very narrow and taking a U-turn would be impossible later, once the hairpins started. We thanked those guys profusely and turned back with a heavy heart and thought of visiting the dam and reservoir before heading back to civilization.

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-q-scenery_enroute-pykara.jpg

We reached the dam shortly. The reservoir was very beautiful. Nature was at its unspoilt best there!

Name:  r Dam.JPG
Views: 2212
Size:  201.4 KB
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-s-dam.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-t-reservoir.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-u-reservoir_animals-feeding.jpg
An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-v-dam.jpg

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 10th November 2009 at 15:16.
Old 10th November 2009, 15:18   #306
BHPian

Is that all for today’s quota??? . Just kidding CL.
Old 10th November 2009, 15:22   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is that all for today’s quota??? . Just kidding CL.
Hey Elantra, you never fail to comment. Thanks Buddy!

I am working on the rest of the photos, which happen to be heavy files. I will surely post more!

Last edited by Chevy_lover : 10th November 2009 at 15:25.
Old 10th November 2009, 15:51   #308
Senior - BHPian

@CL
The last set of photos are superb. The Masinagudi trail beckons to me, may be I should try the trip in my Alto this summer!
Old 10th November 2009, 16:46   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
@CL
The last set of photos are superb. The Masinagudi trail beckons to me, may be I should try the trip in my Alto this summer!
Hey Gansan, thanks. Does that also mean that you did not find the rest of the photos good??

Masinagudi is a beautiful trail. Invest in a pair of good Hella fog lamps for your Alto and you are ready for the challenge! Drive safe!
Old 10th November 2009, 16:58   #310
BHPian

Nice snaps of the Masinagudi trail . Beautiful roads. Too Bad you couldn't do the entire trail with the hair-pins. It is indeed an excellent drive. (or maybe coming later ).

We did it in May and it was all burnt out due to Forest Fire :-( Should go again soon.
Old 10th November 2009, 17:17   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
Hey Gansan, thanks. Does that also mean that you did not find the rest of the photos good??

Masinagudi is a beautiful trail. Invest in a pair of good Hella fog lamps for your Alto and you are ready for the challenge! Drive safe!

Ha ha! Correction: "The last set of photos are especially superb"!
Old 10th November 2009, 17:32   #312
Senior - BHPian

Pine Forests......

We decided to return back to the town after visiting our final point for the day, the Pine forests! We liked the forest, but frankly speaking, the Pine forest in Kodai is better.

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-pine-forest.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-b-pine-forest.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-c-parking-near-pine-forest.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-d-pine-forest_wifey.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-e-trail-through-forest-towards-river.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-f-tall-trees.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-g-pine-forest.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-h-trail-river.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-i-road-town.jpg

An incredible road trip to Velankanni, Kodaikanal and Ooty-j-way-back-ooty.jpg

After spending some time there for a short photo session, we returned back to Ooty town. We spent the rest of the evening shopping and exploring some less-travelled streets.

We had a heavy dinner and retired for the night by 9 pm. We were very happy that the day went so well and that the weather did not play spoil sport!
Old 10th November 2009, 17:45   #313
BHPian

The trail photos is reconning for a Bike ride.. not sure how it will be to conquer it with the Bull. I thinks its high time I buy Hellas for my car. Looking at the photos I dont when I will change my mind and go for a long drive

CL, I agree with you the Pine trees of kodai looks a lot more fresh than the Ooty one.
Old 10th November 2009, 18:25   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The trail photos is reconning for a Bike ride.. not sure how it will be to conquer it with the Bull. I thinks its high time I buy Hellas for my car. Looking at the photos I dont when I will change my mind and go for a long drive

CL, I agree with you the Pine trees of kodai looks a lot more fresh than the Ooty one.
Hey Elantra, I have seen Hero Hondas and other 100 CC bikes coming uphill from Masinagudi. The Bull will be just great for a ride like that!

Since you are on the edge of your seat, a Hella fog lamp will be a great investment. And don't forget Roots relay!!!

And yes, the Pine forests in Kodai is better anytime!
Old 10th November 2009, 18:40   #315
BHPian

Hey I used to have Hellas (Comet 500) with roots relay in my old Omini. I tried to see if any of the Hell models will fit in to my Elantra now. The sad part is that Elantra has a small Grille in the front and it has a aggressive look, the minute I put 2 hellas the the grill is covered completeley. The look of the vehicle goes for a task, I am trying to see if I can get it fitted in using a clamp mechanism that doesnot project out and look odd. This is my current predictment my friend. Once i get the hellas I will post the picture in my garage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks