Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 17:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
I went in the 2nd week of May after reading your travelogue Addy. I was very disappointed as the falls hardly had any water. But the nature around it more than made up for it. Was the water this time similar to your visit in July '09?

Kannika homestay has now hiked the prices. Its 1000 per head including food.

Will post the travelogue and photos very soon.
Great to hear that Abhinav. Actually, this time I could not visit the falls since it was raining heavily the whole time. We couldn't take the car anywhere near teh falls and had to walk the whole way. Obviously, this idea did not go well with my friends, so had to abandon the plans

How was the food in Kannika? This week, it was full and we had to take another homestay which was not too good.

Waiting for your travelogue eagerly
Old 15th June 2010, 17:58   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
How was the food in Kannika? This week, it was full and we had to take another homestay which was not too good.

Waiting for your travelogue eagerly
Food was average. We had only veg. And it was not very bad neither very tasty. They charged Rs. 60 per meal which was quite ok.

Net connection at home is giving problems and i cannot use a pen drive in office to upload the pics

Will put up the travelogue as soon as internet is up at home.

Your thread and specially the photos were a revelation for me and wife to go to this wonderful place. Believe it or not, we went to pushpagiri, parked the car and sat on some rocks on the shoulder of the road just enjoying the peace, mist and the green mountains all round for nearly 40 minutes!!!
Old 15th June 2010, 19:53   #33
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Oct/Dec is the right time to go this place.

Addy,

That was a great place/find. How did you get to know about this place?

PS: I am yet to experience a home stay!
Old 15th June 2010, 20:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Your thread and specially the photos were a revelation for me and wife to go to this wonderful place. Believe it or not, we went to pushpagiri, parked the car and sat on some rocks on the shoulder of the road just enjoying the peace, mist and the green mountains all round for nearly 40 minutes!!!
Yep, it really is a lovely feeling over there. It is a very isolated place with no one to bother you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Looks like Oct/Dec is the right time to go this place.

Addy,

That was a great place/find. How did you get to know about this place?

PS: I am yet to experience a home stay!
Actually, I was told about this by a trekker who I met on Kumaraparvatha (Pushpagiri). He was climbing KP from Kukke Subramanya and was getting down at Mallalli. At that time, I thought he was exaggerating because I had never heard of it before. A few months after that, a friend told me about it again and that's when I looked at a few videos on YouTube. That made me decide and plan for a trip.

The photos I've posted in this travelogue are from July 2009. I feel July will be great as the water level would have increased but it may be convenient after September because the rains would have stopped.

Homestays are a bit subjective. Few people like it and few don't. We have to understand that it is just someone's home and not any hotel/resort where you have lots facilities. You cannot have a lot of expectations.
Old 15th June 2010, 21:22   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Homestays are a bit subjective. Few people like it and few don't. We have to understand that it is just someone's home and
not any hotel/resort where you have lots facilities. You cannot have a lot of expectations.
Thats exactly my point of view too. May be when one goes as a trekker with fellow trekkers, it may not be a problem.
But when one goes with family it can swing either ways. A small trifle can make it unpleasant.

As you say, one needs bear in his/her minds, that its not a hotel but
some one's home.

Apart from that the info of finding places is always serendipitous. The more the X-factor, the better it tastes in the end.
Thanks to this forum I am finding more and more places to go to!

Last edited by ampere : 15th June 2010 at 21:30.
Old 15th June 2010, 21:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hi Addy

that is indeed a wonderful travelogue, i seems to have missed it since last year.

i have added this to my must visit list, thanks for sharing
Old 16th June 2010, 10:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats exactly my point of view too. May be when one goes as a trekker with fellow trekkers, it may not be a problem.
But when one goes with family it can swing either ways. A small trifle can make it unpleasant.

As you say, one needs bear in his/her minds, that its not a hotel but
some one's home.

Apart from that the info of finding places is always serendipitous. The more the X-factor, the better it tastes in the end.
Thanks to this forum I am finding more and more places to go to!
. Totally true. The X factor of the place made me go there in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Addy

that is indeed a wonderful travelogue, i seems to have missed it since last year.

i have added this to my must visit list, thanks for sharing
Thanks Star, Please do visit it once.
Old 16th June 2010, 12:22   #38
BHPian

Beautiful place, great pictures!
From your logs, i now have Bisle view point and Mallalli falls to my list for the sept/oct timeframe. And, is this the point from where you climb the KP from coorg side?

I had been to Kukke last month, but dint find it doable in a sedan to Bisle.
1. Can a Fiesta be taken to Bisle?

Thanks for sharing,
Pramod
Old 16th June 2010, 15:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
Beautiful place, great pictures!
From your logs, i now have Bisle view point and Mallalli falls to my list for the sept/oct timeframe. And, is this the point from where you climb the KP from coorg side?

I had been to Kukke last month, but dint find it doable in a sedan to Bisle.
1. Can a Fiesta be taken to Bisle?

Thanks for sharing,
Pramod
Bisle view point and Mallalli falls although only 3-4 kms apart (source:wikimapia), they are far from each other if you go by road. You have to go around 35-40kms by road.

Yes, there is a Mallikarjuna temple at a village called Heggademane. This place is the end of the road and the trek to KP/Kukke starts from here.

I believe you can take the Fiesta on Bisle, but progress will be slow due to the bad and narrow roads. I haven't travelled on Bisle ghat off late. So I don't know about the latest conditions. But, it is a very scenic drive and you will have the whole road to yourself (almost).
Old 17th June 2010, 01:14   #40
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't travelled on Bisle ghat off late. So I don't know about the latest conditions.
I was referring to Samurai's Jeep drive on Bisle. From that, i am not very sure, if a low sedan would make it.. But giving it a shot could be an exciting thing.
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the delay, I could salvage a few pics. I haven't got the pics of the actual falls, but a few greenery pics.

Hemavathi River backwater, near Kodlipet
Weekend trip to Mallalli Falls-hemavati-river-harihally.jpg
Weekend trip to Mallalli Falls-hemavathi-bridge.jpg

Taken in the evening. It was raining all the time.
Weekend trip to Mallalli Falls-dsc03480.jpg
Weekend trip to Mallalli Falls-dsc03497.jpg

The morning views
Weekend trip to Mallalli Falls-dsc03630.jpg
Weekend trip to Mallalli Falls-dsc03631.jpg
Weekend trip to Mallalli Falls-dsc03633.jpg
Weekend trip to Mallalli Falls-dsc03635.jpg
Weekend trip to Mallalli Falls-dsc03634.jpg
Weekend trip to Mallalli Falls-dsc03637.jpg
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the delay, I could salvage a few pics. I haven't got the pics of the actual falls, but a few greenery pics...

Good pics Addy. Pity you were not able to visit the falls due to the rains. Going there this weekend. Lets hope the rain gods give us a break and allow us to go to the falls!!
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:17   #43

Great pictures dude. enjoyed watching them all and offcourse u guys rock......
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoBond View Post
Great pictures dude. enjoyed watching them all and offcourse u guys rock......
Thanks Auto Bond. It is better if you see it with your natural camera, the 'eye'. @abhinav, you are going back there again? Cool man. Hopefully, the falls will have some good water flow this time. Please post pics when you come back.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 22nd June 2010 at 16:20.
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@abhinav, you are going back there again? Cool man. Hopefully, the falls will have some good water flow this time. Please post pics when you come back.
Me too hoping for the same. Coz the last time we went there was no water at all. It was more like a stream. So hoping for better luck this time. Will surely post the pics once back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks