Old 1st January 2010, 00:38   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Volvo Towing photo..

Attachment 162795
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...8-days-t71.jpg

Sha & Viji - you were around when the 3 Idiots was being shot there

I just came out of the movie and the 1st thing i said on seeing the red volvo in shimla is "TBHP guys saw this many months ago..."
Old 4th January 2010, 07:07   #227
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
@Sha - Hey let me first congratulate you on the wonderful trip that you have completed
Anyways after reading your posts and the talk about the volvo SUC XC 90 that was towed, I watched the moview 3 idiots the other day and something tells me that this is the same car in the movie as in your pic. (sorry couldn't help but post about it).
Thanks Philistine.
Its the same SUV which you have seen in 3 idiot movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Just read it start to finish, wonderful log and pictures.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Sha
Over the last 2-3 weeks I have deligently followed all the Leh travelogues. To the best of my knowledge this was the only done which had only Gypsys. Kudos to you for all the detailing and travels.
North India would have been hot when you would have crossed it. And Gypsy does not have an AC plus all the noise of a soft top and traffic. Its a lot of hard work to have done this trip.
Its perfomance matches up with the best SUV around and as your off roading at gata loops shows it can take a lot of hardwork. But I must say a machine is only as capable as the driver. Its actually you who gets the machine to deliver the performance.
Great work and great travels.
Rajain
Thanks Rajain, Without AC driving in peak afternoon in Rajasthan kills you but we had determination to go in gypsy only and did it though we had luxury vehicles in our garage.
Gata Loop was cake walk for Gypsy, Real Gypsy performance was at Marisimik La it just went in one go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...8-days-t71.jpg

Sha & Viji - you were around when the 3 Idiots was being shot there

I just came out of the movie and the 1st thing i said on seeing the red volvo in shimla is "TBHP guys saw this many months ago..."
Santosh you are right its the same Volvo SUV but they had brought two SUV's of same colour.
Last part of movie which was shot at Pangong lake we also went there with our Gypsys when they had pack up.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:28   #228
BHPian

I have been mesmerized reading the full travelogue from start to finish !
I have been to Leh and this was just like living my journey, I have also been to Pune from Jaipur as I said in another thread. got lost on the GhorBunder thane road too..
I must congratulate you on this journey, I have been this year too in a Scorpio CRDE and it was all smooth sailing.
Thanks for the trip details and awesome pics man ! I will ask my friend ( who is a pro Photographer ) who took pics of the journey and share here.
Old 4th June 2010, 15:49   #229
BHPian

awesome write up and lovely pictures........ we are planning for this trip from bangalore this june 20th
Old 14th June 2010, 15:33   #230
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalraj View Post
awesome write up and lovely pictures........ we are planning for this trip from bangalore this june 20th
Thanks... All the best for the trip. It has been 1 year we started the trip and it's time to do again Ladakh trip what says Vijay's.....
Old 17th June 2010, 10:54   #231
BHPian

Awesome pics and travelogue..

Sha/ other experiences TBHP travellers,
Any reason you chose to take the mum-raj route to reach manali? What about the option of going via MP, gwalior-Agra-Delhi?
The route seems to be about 300Km shorter than mum-raj route.

Thanks
Old 17th June 2010, 10:57   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post

Any reason you chose to take the mum-raj route to reach manali? What about the option of going via MP, gwalior-Agra-Delhi?

Thanks
Roads are better and faster, compared with those via Central India.
You don't want to break up your car before you get to Ladakh, which will do it anyway
Old 17th June 2010, 12:19   #233
BHPian

Kumar ji, the road from Nagpur to Delhi, via Bhopal, is still in good shape and you still can maintain good speed, I was able to do the same timing like last year, via Bhopal till Hodal, the only difference this time was a traffic jam before Bhopal which took 3 hours and diverted via Bhojpur till Bhopal.

-Pramod
Old 17th June 2010, 16:25   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Kumar ji, the road from Nagpur to Delhi, via Bhopal, is still in good shape and you still can maintain good speed, I was able to do the same timing like last year, via Bhopal till Hodal, the only difference this time was a traffic jam before Bhopal which took 3 hours and diverted via Bhojpur till Bhopal.

-Pramod
Yet, for someone from Bangalore, if he goes via Bombay, he will do it faster - in 2 days, or max 2.5 days. Not so easy in the Central India route.
Old 17th June 2010, 17:34   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
It has been 1 year we started the trip and it's time to do again Ladakh trip what says Vijay's.....
Just finished reading the entire log in a single sitting (ofcourse on office time ) and all i can say is i rated it 5*. Looking forward to your next log and the beautiful pics.
Old 20th June 2010, 13:43   #236
Sha
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post

Thanks
GQ route is faster and its easy to travel 1200KM per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
Just finished reading the entire log in a single sitting (ofcourse on office time ) and all i can say is i rated it 5*. Looking forward to your next log and the beautiful pics.
Thanks.. My ladakh trip may start in few months..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks