Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 23:37   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Civved : Kodaikanal, Munnar

Please find the GPS trail for the trip.

Munnar2010.kml

Till a next journey to these beautifull places signing off for now.

Thanks to TBHP, I have a place to share the experiences and details and can come back to read and read again.

Thank you all for reading.

Last edited by laluks : 10th May 2011 at 23:39.
laluks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2011, 09:37   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Attachment 543019

Thanks to TBHP, I have a place to share the experiences and details and can come back to read and read again.

Amazing thread laluks, your threads, almost all are so detailed and are certainly guide books for travelers. And this thread is just one of them.
MohsinRoadster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 15:31   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post

Attachment 543019

Hey laluks,

Its really a wonderful writeup and details, feels like visiting the places asap. Last visit was in 2005, guess its time visit these place.
Raps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2011, 15:38   #109
Senior - BHPian

Raps, thanks for reading and your kind words.
Seems 6 years is a long gap, if you like the rains then these places have another charm. Mosoon is nearing
Old 28th August 2012, 23:18   #110
BHPian

With reference to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2346008

Was in Munnar recently. On previous occasions stayed at Club Mahindra. This time with whatever monsoon drove via Udumalpettai - Chinnar - Marayur - Munnar and Ellackal, where we stayed at a superb homestay Ripples and rock right next to the Muthirapuzha river...which was roaring when we reached there.

After a nice stay here I drove to Ponmudi dam from Ellackal. Locals suggested a short route instead of going via Rajakkad and turning right towards Ponmudi (left goes to Poopara (here left goes back to Munnar and right goes to Bodi Theni Madurai). Coming back to Ellackal - you go via Thekkumkanam then Panniyarukutty and then cross the hanging bridge to reach the Ponmudi dam road (here right goes to the dam, left to Rajakkad 6-8Km).

@Laluks - here is the surprise for you

Some pics:
Ponmudi hanging bridge, Sign on Rajakkad to Ponmudi road, View from suspension bridge, Muthirapuzha river waterfall between Ellackal to Ponmudi via local road along side river, Same river outside Ripples N Rock homestay, waterfall location on google map unmarked road, hence in red.
Attached Thumbnails
Civved : Kodaikanal, Munnar-ponmudihangingbridge.jpg  

Civved : Kodaikanal, Munnar-signrajakkadtoponmudiro.jpg  

Civved : Kodaikanal, Munnar-viewfromsuspensionbridge.jpg  

Civved : Kodaikanal, Munnar-muthirapuzhawaterfallnrp.jpg  

Civved : Kodaikanal, Munnar-ripplesnrockhomestayvie.jpg  

Civved : Kodaikanal, Munnar-waterfalllocation.jpg  

dhuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2012, 23:25   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuli View Post
With reference to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2346008

Was in Munnar recently. On previous occasions stayed at Club Mahindra. This time with whatever monsoon drove via Udumalpettai - Chinnar - Marayur - Munnar and Ellackal, where we stayed at a superb homestay Ripples and rock right next to the Muthirapuzha river...which was roaring when we reached there.

After a nice stay here I drove to Ponmudi dam from Ellackal. Locals suggested a short route instead of going via Rajakkad and turning right towards Ponmudi (left goes to Poopara (here left goes back to Munnar and right goes to Bodi Theni Madurai). Coming back to Ellackal - you go via Thekkumkanam then Panniyarukutty and then cross the hanging bridge to reach the Ponmudi dam road (here right goes to the dam, left to Rajakkad 6-8Km).

@Laluks - here is the surprise for you

Some pics:
Ponmudi hanging bridge, Sign on Rajakkad to Ponmudi road, View from suspension bridge, Muthirapuzha river waterfall between Ellackal to Ponmudi via local road along side river, Same river outside Ripples N Rock homestay, waterfall location on google map unmarked road, hence in red.
They repaired the bridge
Thanks for sharing dhuli
Old 28th August 2012, 23:31   #112
BHPian

More like replaced it - Didnt have the courage to drive on it and almost U turned. The road sees very less traffic. I almost turned back. Then I saw an auto go past. Good. Some more time, an Alto and a jeep pass by. All of them looked at my Innova and dared me - more like egged me with their looks. I drove without a hitch. Guess the wooden bridge was far more riskier.
dhuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 11:24   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

There are travelogues, there are travelogues of Munnar and then there are travelogues by laluks.
Superb effort there (as always) and wonderful detail.
I have been long yearning to visit the unseen Munnar (Chinnar, Kolukkumalai, Meesappulimala, Marayoor etc). However, had kept that to the back burner with a self consolation : "Some day!!".
You have now rekindled my desire to visit Kolukkumalai. And I think I will make it happen this time.

Great effort Laluji.
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 09:40   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
There are travelogues, there are travelogues of Munnar and then there are travelogues by laluks.
Superb effort there (as always) and wonderful detail.
I have been long yearning to visit the unseen Munnar (Chinnar, Kolukkumalai, Meesappulimala, Marayoor etc). However, had kept that to the back burner with a self consolation : "Some day!!".
You have now rekindled my desire to visit Kolukkumalai. And I think I will make it happen this time.

Great effort Laluji.
Thank you sirji.
I guess it rained well there and the places are all looking magical now

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks