Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 15:00   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also, depending on the extent of the damage to car, do keep posted if the GQ run is aborted or will they fix the car and continue back home?
i think, there may be damaged parts like front bumper, radiator, condenser, some plate, headlamps. hope, there is not any damage to suspension. all these problems can be fixed in one day except front coloured bumper. maruti has very good cashless insurance system with vast network. its better to rectify the car and drive back after 2/3 days waiting at ahmadabad.
as ramkya is there, he will surely sort out matters on war foot.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 14th April 2009 at 15:04.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:08   #137
Senior - BHPian

If the front crossmember is affected, it has to be welded with proper device. This can take slightly more time, but I agree with you that its worth waiting for 2-3 days.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:13   #138
Senior - BHPian

That's a very bad news. Such a wonderful journey getting spoiled due to this. Thank god for preventing both of them without any injuries.

Concentrate on getting the car repaired & take a call on this GQ after you settle down.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:13   #139
BHPian

i would say they leave the car in the workshop in ahmedabad and fly back to bangalore and resume work.

once the car is done up ,go back during a weekend and complete the remaining portion.

p.s: am glad both are safe ,today morning i had shown concern about gsminc not wearing seatbelts.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:14   #140
Senior - BHPian

Ashish, in such a crash you cannot repair things in a day. I have seen one with Perez car during our tirthahalli trip. Car was in workshop for 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Really sad to know about the accident and glad that both are absolutely fine.

Also, depending on the extent of the damage to car, do keep posted if the GQ run is aborted or will they fix the car and continue back home?
What Arindam told me, that GQ drive is off now. Car will take some time to get repaired (atleast a week or 10days). THey are planning of train / flight from Ahmedabad. Anyway, every possibility are in planning stage.
Arindam will inform about it later.

Abhi
Old 14th April 2009, 15:16   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

@aaggoswami: When you talk to ramky/arindam later, do tell them to take it easy now. GQ can be done anytime later but right now they should concentrate on getting the car set right & ensure that there are no police hassles. After all it is some 2000 odd kms away from their home.

They should relax and not take too much stress about this. 4 days of driving and then this incident can cause huge stress.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:20   #142
BHPian

Thank god you guys are safe; did not expect the GQ run to end so tragically.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 14th April 2009 at 15:24.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:24   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@mjothi-Sorry guys, but, please don't post your guesses or what you think etc in here. It will give a false image to others. just my opinion.
ok ,
i started it, so i stop it.
no more guesses.

edit:this is edited post with different content.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 14th April 2009 at 15:39.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:34   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
i think, there may be damaged parts like front bumper, radiator, condenser, some plate, headlamps. hope, there is not any damage to suspension. all these problems can be fixed in one day except front coloured bumper. maruti has very good cashless insurance system with vast network. its better to rectify the car and drive back after 2/3 days waiting at ahmadabad.
as ramkya is there, he will surely sort out matters on war foot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
If the front crossmember is affected, it has to be welded with proper device. This can take slightly more time, but I agree with you that its worth waiting for 2-3 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
i would say they leave the car in the workshop in ahmedabad and fly back to bangalore and resume work.

once the car is done up ,go back during a weekend and complete the remaining portion.

p.s: am glad both are safe ,today morning i had shown concern about gsminc not wearing seatbelts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Ashish, in such a crash you cannot repair things in a day. I have seen one with Perez car during our tirthahalli trip. Car was in workshop for 3 weeks.

What Arindam told me, that GQ drive is off now. Car will take some time to get repaired (atleast a week or 10days). THey are planning of train / flight from Ahmedabad. Anyway, every possibility are in planning stage.
Arindam will inform about it later.

Abhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
oh,
if week or 10 days are required for repairing, then damages are at higher side.
Sorry guys, but, please don't post your guesses or what you think etc in here. It will give a false image to others. just my opinion.
Old 14th April 2009, 15:41   #145
Senior - BHPian

They are relaxed and cool now. Nobody is thinking about GQ drive etc. They are planning to come out hassle free thats it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Sorry guys, but, please don't post your guesses or what you think etc in here. It will give a false image to others. just my opinion.
I agree.
But my statements were not guess, I just conveyed what Arindam told me.
MAnna, remove my quote

Abhi
Old 14th April 2009, 15:44   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
No offense. But, I think everyone was showing genuine concern and opinions,advice, suggestions make the difference in such situations.

Also, not sure what you meant by giving false image to others. Who others?
Old 14th April 2009, 16:25   #147
BHPian

@ 16:15 I just spoke to Arindam. They are still at police station - doing paperwork.
Ramki reached there to help them out. A tow vehicle would be needed to shift the car.

They are safe and sound.
Old 14th April 2009, 16:44   #148
Senior - BHPian

Just talked with Arindam.
They are planning to bring the car in truck and not tow, since tow will be slower.
They are at police station and sorting out the FIR for insurance purpose. Ramky reached the spot half an hour back.
They are calling the drive off, mostly.
Arindam told that shiva might stay back for a two or three days. But this is not confirmed.
He told the car will take more a bit more time to get repaired. If this is true then both of them will leave the car and in workshop and get home.

My fear is the police hassle, but looks like they will take care of it and are about to reach the end of sorting out FIR.

Arindam did read the entire thread on mobile, but is not able to post.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 14th April 2009 at 16:57.
Old 14th April 2009, 17:08   #149
adc
Senior - BHPian

Though a setback to the GQ drive, it is a great relief to us all to hear that the occupants are safe and sound - and of course with Ramky present now, they have an experienced person out there in this hour of crisis.
Old 14th April 2009, 17:37   #150
Senior - BHPian

Take care guys. Just get all the formalities done and the police complaint issue resolved so your not bothered in the future. God bless

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks