Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 01:06   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
I may be a bit here, but had this question for sometime. When i bought my first car (Accent GLE), many of my friends and collegues suggested that i dont do over 80KMPH until the first service. They seem to be of the opinion that speeding above this limit would effect the piston/engine. Is that really the case?
Your queries are easily answered on the following threads:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...r-new-car.html and http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ng-period.html.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 10th June 2010 at 01:09.
Old 13th September 2010, 00:17   #32

I have driven to Puri and back in June 2010 beginning. No tax was asked for either way at Jaleswar chk post.
Old 13th September 2010, 09:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikc5 View Post
I have driven to Puri and back in June 2010 beginning. No tax was asked for either way at Jaleswar chk post.
Day time travel?
Maybe the cops have found some other lucrative sources of revenue?
Old 13th September 2010, 10:12   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushikc5 View Post
No tax was asked for either way at Jaleswar chk post.
When I travelled OR>>WB in June this year, I had a niggling worry about being stopped at the Jaleshwar checkpost for tax. However, no one stopped me, and no tax was asked for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Maybe the cops have found some other lucrative sources of revenue?
...or maybe the issue between the states has been sorted out at a political level?
Old 30th September 2010, 11:24   #35
BHPian

Hi,
I am planning a trip to Bhubaneswar from Kolkata during October 2nd week. Just wanted to know the folloiwng:

1. If anyone has a recent update about so called "Entry Tax" at WB-Orissa border ?
2. How is the Road condition of NH60 between Balasore and Bhadrak?
Old 30th September 2010, 11:37   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Hi,
I am planning a trip to Bhubaneswar from Kolkata during October 2nd week. Just wanted to know the folloiwng:

1. If anyone has a recent update about so called "Entry Tax" at WB-Orissa border ?
2. How is the Road condition of NH60 between Balasore and Bhadrak?
Dear Ram_NP..

Go ahead with your trip plan...

1. No more "Entry Tax" at WB-Odisha border.
2. Road condition between "Balasore and Bhadrak" is good. you can maintain good speed.

Best of Luck and Drive Safe. Waiting for your travelog

Last edited by KALINGA : 30th September 2010 at 11:39.
Old 1st October 2010, 11:05   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post

1. No more "Entry Tax" at WB-Odisha border.
2. Road condition between "Balasore and Bhadrak" is good. you can maintain good speed.
Thanks for the information Kalinga! Good to know that this practice of "Entry Tax" has been stopped.

Yes, I will put up a travelouge, once I am back from the Trip.
Old 24th October 2010, 01:24   #38

Inspired by the thread, I took a Delhi - Kolkata drive 15 days back for the festivities. Just a few updates:
  1. The Allahabad Bypass is complete though the toll has not started and a stretch of almost 5 kms is one way.
  2. Isri Bazar also is by - passed.
  3. Anyone who loves to drive should take a drive in this route just for the scenic beauty of the Forest Bypass starting after Gaya and all the way almost to Dhanbad/ Govindpur.
  4. The road just before and after the Benars Toll plaza is pathetic for cars and my city was caught offguard a no of times.
  5. Carry good amount of water and snacks - the highway is devoid of good dhabas on most part.
Will upload a few pics taken during the journey in the next update.
Old 24th October 2010, 13:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information Kalinga! Good to know that this practice of "Entry Tax" has been stopped.

Yes, I will put up a travelouge, once I am back from the Trip.
Has it been actually stopped or they do it from time to time depending on the anticipated traffic. They refused to open the gate till I paid one time during December 2008. But at other times there wasn't anything. Although it always tempted me to go and ask, "aren't you going to tax me?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cars View Post
Inspired by the thread, I took a Delhi - Kolkata drive 15 days back for the festivities. Just a few updates:
  1. The Allahabad Bypass is complete though the toll has not started and a stretch of almost 5 kms is one way.
  3. Anyone who loves to drive should take a drive in this route just for the scenic beauty of the Forest Bypass starting after Gaya and all the way almost to Dhanbad/ Govindpur.
  4. The road just before and after the Benars Toll plaza is pathetic for cars and my city was caught offguard a no of times.
  5. Carry good amount of water and snacks - the highway is devoid of good dhabas on most part.
Would be interested in taking this route from Kolkata and reading this it seems it will start at Dhanbad (from our end). Any signs to look out for, or does the road say that it will take you somewhere, if yes, where?
Old 24th October 2010, 19:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Has it been actually stopped or they do it from time to time depending on the anticipated traffic. They refused to open the gate till I paid one time during December 2008.

Now, it has been stopped totally. I did a trip 10 days back to Bhubaneswar and there was no entry tax in the Orissa border.
Old 24th October 2010, 23:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, it has been stopped totally. I did a trip 10 days back to Bhubaneswar and there was no entry tax in the Orissa border.
But that is the trick they play, they don't practice it all the time. They select/pick a few days. I have been through many times, but had to pay only couple of times.Once I followed up with the authorities, they said that I paid voluntarily!! (So I shouldn't be complaining)
Old 2nd November 2010, 21:45   #42

Yes! while coming back it starts after Dhanbad. The road sign says Forest Bypass. But I found the scenery better while going to Calcutta maybe while coming back I knew it would be good and hence it lost the appeal.
Old 2nd November 2010, 22:01   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Cars View Post
You didn't also go through this thread, did you? Dhabas on the NH2 are fairly frequent, but are usually not well-decorated or swanky. However, they serve up pretty good food. A lot of those good dhabas were on the old highway, and when the new expressway was built, they were left far away from the route the long-distance traffic takes now. New ones have come up in their stead, but they are no match for the ones found on NH1 for example, in terms of attractiveness.

I am surprised the Allahabad bypass toll gates are not yet operational, but that's probably a good thing for people using the road now! As to the Benaras-Allahabad section, it was bad even in June this year, and I'd expect it to be in worse condition after the monsoons.
Old 28th November 2011, 22:44   #44
BHPian

Re: NH2: Delhi to Kolkata, Puri, Benaras, back to Delhi - 5000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Went out to discover the new face of the National Highways of India, and came back very pleasantly surprised.
========
A very long coffee break. Really needed the Espresso they serve at McDonalds - hot, strong, black, extra sweet with 3 pouches of sugar. 2 cups of it. Finally home at Delhi at 3 PM - 820 km from Benaras.
Hai There!
This is Gautam, read your travelogue. Pretty informative and impressed. Now, I am planning a a trip to kolkata from delhi in my Sx4 in the the last week of Dec i.e 2011 this year. I want loads of advice from you as to the road conditions especially in Bihar & Jharkhand, Good & reasonable accommodation in Banaras & Allahabad, Lovely roadside eateries and other relevant details that I need to know. Hv decided to start at 12 in the noon on the 23rd Dec 2011 as my wife's school is open on that day. The school's winter vacation stars after the closing on the 23rd Dec. I will be driving solo helped by my daughter who has just got her driving licence a couple of days back. Now,about I. Have driven from from Rohtang Pass to Kanya Kumar that includes Uttaranchal Mumbai, Goa Karnatak, Kerala. Tamil Nadu, Bengaluru, Rajasthan Bengal, Hyderabad, Indore, Bhopal and so on and so forth. My longest driving distance in a day was a 1026 km drom Pune to Mount Abu in my 8 year old Maruti VAN. Awaiting your response Sir!.
Old 29th November 2011, 09:23   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: NH2: Delhi to Kolkata, Puri, Benaras, back to Delhi - 5000 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactgautam View Post
...I am planning a a trip to kolkata from delhi in my Sx4 in the the last week of Dec i.e 2011 this year. I want loads of advice from you as to the road conditions especially in Bihar & Jharkhand, Good & reasonable accommodation in Banaras & Allahabad, Lovely roadside eateries and other relevant details that I need to know.
Pretty smooth sailing on this road. Since you're leaving midday, you might want to stop for the night at Kanpur (reaching about 8-9 pm). Or you might wish to drive all night like I do. As to the information about road condition, take a look through the link below about details of the NH2...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You didn't also go through this thread, did you?
If you need any more info, feel free to PM or post here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by contactgautam View Post
Have driven from from Rohtang Pass to Kanya Kumar that includes Uttaranchal Mumbai, Goa Karnatak, Kerala. Tamil Nadu, Bengaluru, Rajasthan Bengal, Hyderabad, Indore, Bhopal and so on and so forth. My longest driving distance in a day was a 1026 km drom Pune to Mount Abu in my 8 year old Maruti VAN.
That is certainly a lot of driving, but no travelogues to show for it - would look forward to your posting some of those trip details on this forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks