Team-BHP > Travelogues
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2008, 12:06   #1
BHPian

i10 kappa Delhi-Paris

Dear Team
A team of Journalists are driving the new i10 kappa all the way to Paris- here is the press release from Hyundai & their blog details: Wish Hyundai takes some enthusiasts from amongst also for such drives!
So we will have a car at the Paris Motor show this year, which we Indians can be proud of! Kudos Hyundai India
Ciao!

"Hyundai Motor India Ltd, the second largest passenger car manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter in the country, commemorated its decade old journey in India by organizing a unique transcontinental Delhi to Paris drive that was flagged off from the national capital on 10th September 2008 by Olympic Gold Medallist Abhinav Bindra. After passing through the historic city of Agra and Gwalior the drive proceeded to Bhopal from where i10 was driven down to Hyderabad. Finally, i10 arrived at the Hyundai manufacturing plant in Sriperumbudur near Chennai this morning, which was the culminating point after covering approximately 2,300 km long journey in India. With this the Indian leg comes to an end and the European leg begins.

From Chennai the i10 will be airlifted to Turkey. Its ultimate destination would be Paris where the car will be showcased at the Paris Motor Show 2008 beginning on 2 October, 2008.

The drive would be for more than a fortnight & would traverse the international borders of 10 countries including Turkey, Italy, Greece, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary Poland, the Czech Republic and Germany to culminate in Paris in France."

i10 Delhi Paris Drive
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:04   #2
BHPian

Well, when I read the caption I thought it would be by road all the way from Delhi to Paris!
Old 23rd September 2008, 14:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

Even I thought the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimi View Post
From Chennai the i10 will be airlifted to Turkey. Its ultimate destination would be Paris where the car will be showcased at the Paris Motor Show 2008 beginning on 2 October, 2008.

The drive would be for more than a fortnight & would traverse the international borders of 10 countries including Turkey, Italy, Greece, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary Poland, the Czech Republic and Germany to culminate in Paris in France."
i10 Delhi Paris Drive
Are these guys driving after the motor show or before it ?
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:30   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnaganathan View Post
Well, when I read the caption I thought it would be by road all the way from Delhi to Paris!
At first even I thought its going to be a drive all the way from Delhi to Paris.
However, thinking of the safety & security in some parts of Asia, they might have airlifted the cars to Turkey, which is the gateway to Europe & proceed from there to Paris.
I understand that there are a few Indian Journalists in the group. I am looking forward to read their travelouges & especially the photos.
Travelogue lovers will have a feast in couple of days time.
Ciao!
Old 23rd September 2008, 16:57   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh well, it'll be a long drive from Istanbul to Paris anyways!

It's about 4000kms, 85% of the way on Western European Highways. Should be a lot of fun, I think.
Old 20th October 2008, 19:39   #6
BHPian

I was driving back from Bangalore this Sunday and I saw one i10 with i drive to paris decals going towards Bangalore.
After reaching Chennai, I checked with my friend at Hyundai, where this car was heading to and he told me that these cars which participated in the Indian leg of the tour will be on display at the Hyundai showrooms as a part of the Diwali celebrations. I suppose I saw the silver one which was flagged off by Abhinav Bhindra and was driven by a set of Indian & french journalist from Delhi to Chennai some time in September.
Tbhp guys at Bangalore if you wish can go and see the car at Hyundai dealerships at Bangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks